Smooth/Hairy Nudist Men

I have made a curious observation that I would be interested in hearing from others about. In meeting other nudist guys in person, and again when seeing the guys here on TN, it appears that most nudist men have smooth bodies with little to no hair. Am I just dreaming that? I am a hairy guy and enjoy nudism, but from appearances, it would seem that I am in the minority. My assumption is that the male nudist population would mirror the general population in regard to ratio of smooth to hairy men represented. It doesn't seem to be the case. I would be interested in your perspective: Are most nudist men smooth and not hairy? Why is this the case? Thanks for sharing your ideas.

This topic was edited
RE:Smooth/Hairy Nudist Men

I am not one for the manscaped look. I have noticed here and in life that most men I have seen from other countries tend to shave or sculpt their manfur. It seems that most of the German and English men I have met or seen tend to be fully shaved or leave a small, closely cropped bit of pubic hair. Most of the men from Southern European countries and the tropics often shave or trim their armpits and pubic areas. In the warmer climates the pits and pubes go to keep those areas a bit cooler and less fragrant. I suppose the others loose the fur for visual reasons.

As a photographer, I prefer male models to be natural and let their body hair grow. That seems to align with my view that a natural body is visually more pleasing and interesting to shoot. Detailed shots of a natural male body provide such a diverse landscapes that catch the light differently and make for some fascinating images.

Naked hugs all!
Jim

This post was edited

There are dozens of threads about shaving on TN, the general consensus is, some shave some dont. Its a personal choice.

It doesnt really matter and few people even care anymore.

This post was edited

Hey Jim. I think you and I are on the same page when it comes to men looking natural. I prefer seeing the non-manscaped guy and don't care to manscape my own body. Also, as a photographer too, I prefer to see a man in his natural state. I wonder if the men who trim their body hair think they need to do so to fit into some nudist circles? Just curious. Mike

This post was edited

I agree. I think it is not really anything to care about. I guess that is why my curiosity as to why they do it if it is not an expectation that they do so to be nudist. Is it just self-expression?

This post was edited

Natural is best!

This post was edited

It is all about the freedom as an individual to groom our bodies to what we like. A natural hairy body looks great and gives off that rugged and manly look for some men. Hairy men have been around from the beginning of time, until when manscaping started becoming popular as shaving became easier to do. A shaved body looks great too, it gives the body a clean, athletic and youthful look for these type of men. Shaving also has been said to makIng sexual activities much more fun with the absence of hair. I enjoy seeing hairy and smooth men , I see it as an individual choice which makes each guy more unique. I like both, the feeling of being shaved when I want that youthful look and I like the freedom in letting it grow out for that manly and carefree look.

This post was edited

Me personally have always been into the hairy natural look. For each their own and nothing against guys who shave it's just something I don't see in a guy. Even on a woman I prefer at least some hair on her. So on a women at least some hair and on a guy full bush. Just my opinion.

This post was edited

Different strokes for different folks. It's all the body beautiful, even if you don't personally find it beautiful.

This post was edited

Then there are men that don't have much hair as myself.. just putting in my 2cents :)

This post was edited

I got so much hair, I HAVE to cut it.

This post was edited