The law in Illinois

In Illinois it is not generally a violation to be nude in public. BUT, every locality had an ordinance some how limiting or banning public nudity and, the catchall violation is Disorderly Conduct. For example, the beaches in Chicago are subject to a local city ordinances banning public nudity. It is a fine only offence but refuse to comply and get ready for a trip to the station. Indecent exposure state law has a an element of he offense, lewd conduct for sexual arousal or gratification. So unless you are doing somethin which is obviously sexual, you are not in violation. Remember, police can still ask you to cover up, and unless you are willing to challenge them in court you should obey. Illinois State Beach used to tolerate nudity however they now have a local rule banning nudity.

This topic was edited
RE:The law in Illinois

Much the same in California. There are laws against "lewd and lascivious behavior," but interpretation is left to the people who may or may not want to enforce it. Some consider any display of nudity to be an infraction, others don't, but there is no law protecting non-sexual nudity.

This post was edited

In Illinois it is not generally a violation to be nude in public. BUT, every locality had an ordinance some how limiting or banning public nudity and, the catchall violation is Disorderly Conduct. For example, the beaches in Chicago are subject to a local city ordinances banning public nudity.

A friend who lives by Hollywood Beach in Chicago tells me that nude sunbathing there is common, but only between 10 AM and 2 PM on weekdays when school is in session. The concern seems to be that school age kids don't see any naked adults, otherwise people don't care. And it's not just nude sunbathing, but also walking to the water and taking a dip in Lake Michigan. No sexual behavior however. That seems to be the local unwritten laws.

This post was edited

What is the most loyal place in the US in terms of nudity? Is any place where you can feel safe and free? I mean in your propery or at some park, forest, or hiking trail?

This post was edited

What is the most loyal place in the US in terms of nudity? Is any place where you can feel safe and free? I mean in your propery or at some park, forest, or hiking trail?

Laws in the US are complicated and can exist at the national, state and local level. Many are enforced at the discretion of the authorities who would treat, for example, a lone naked hiker differently than an orgy near a Bible camp. This makes it difficult to feel safe and free without knowing the area well.

This post was edited
RE:The law in Kentucky

The law in Kentucky:
510.148 Indecent exposure in the first degree.
(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure in the first degree when he intentionally exposes his genitals under circumstances in which he knows or should know that his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to a person under the age of eighteen (18) years.

(2) Indecent exposure in the first degree is a:

(a) Class B misdemeanor for the first offense;

(b) Class A misdemeanor for the second offense, if it was committed within three (3) years of the first conviction;

(c) Class D felony for the third offense, if it was committed within three (3) years of the second conviction; and

(d) Class D felony for any subsequent offense, if it was committed within three (3) years of the prior conviction.

Effective: July 13, 2004
History: Created 2004 Ky. Acts ch. 190, sec. 1, effective July 13, 2004.

510.150 Indecent exposure in the second degree.
(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure in the second degree when he intentionally exposes his genitals under circumstances in which he knows or should know that his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to a person eighteen (18) years of age or older.

(2) Indecent exposure in the second degree is a Class B misdemeanor.

This post was edited
RE:The law in Kentucky

The law in Kentucky:
510.148 Indecent exposure in the first degree.
(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure in the first degree when he intentionally exposes his genitals under circumstances in which he knows or should know that his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to a person under the age of eighteen (18) years.

(2) Indecent exposure in the first degree is a:

(a) Class B misdemeanor for the first offense;

(b) Class A misdemeanor for the second offense, if it was committed within three (3) years of the first conviction;

(c) Class D felony for the third offense, if it was committed within three (3) years of the second conviction; and

(d) Class D felony for any subsequent offense, if it was committed within three (3) years of the prior conviction.

Effective: July 13, 2004
History: Created 2004 Ky. Acts ch. 190, sec. 1, effective July 13, 2004.

510.150 Indecent exposure in the second degree.
(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure in the second degree when he intentionally exposes his genitals under circumstances in which he knows or should know that his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to a person eighteen (18) years of age or older.

(2) Indecent exposure in the second degree is a Class B misdemeanor.

This post was edited

i bet if anyone looked up the laws in South Dakota , it would scare them halfway into tomorrow ! Typical Repukian's conservative state,

This post was edited

Not that it affects me, but I wonder if those laws in Kentucky you posted could be overturned as discriminatory since they clearly state that its regarding males through the use of the words his and he.

This post was edited

I don't think so. In legalese, "he" or "him" can refer to either sex. It's what my old English teacher said: "The masculine embraces the feminine."

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy