RE:Disagreeable Experience at the Gym Today

Nudity is expected in a locker room nudism isnt. No one gets reported for changing clothes.
Are you saying that body shame is not only accepted in the locker room, but expected and respected?

Mensa wasnt reported because people seen him as a nudist, all people saw was an old dude acting creepy. Next time maybe he should hang a sign around his neck stating that hes a nudist.
Is being seen as a nudist okay or not? Your message is conflicted. What was creepy about Mensa's behavior? It sounds like he's been in that locker room for years without acting creepy or having others creeped out. Are you making his nudity responsible for others' discomfort? A nudism sign is not relevant since when being naked says it elegantly. I invite you to consider better supporting Mensa's view and to confront the real problem. It's not nudity, it's shame:

I'm just totally comfortable being me without any sense of shame in that regard. And who would see me in a men's locker room other than men -- who all have the same equipment and have seen countless sets. Nudity should be a total non-issue in men's locker rooms just as it has been for all of recorded history.
Mensa you rock as a warrior against body shame. My understanding of this disagreeable experience is that you were being 100% naked with 100% comfort and 0% sexual behavior and 0% shame, and that confronted the complainer's judgments about himself and other men. The complainer is not comfortable being a man among men, naked or not, and is suffering as a result. By standing up to him and not letting him project his body shame on you makes you two good things: a warrior and a healer. Keep it up.

This post was edited

stoneandy,

thank you.

It's clear that BlgDudeMan is not a nudist. Rather, he's an evangelist for body shame. Everything he posts is about how nudity is wrong and nudism is shameful. Check out his profile.

* Not paid
* Not Certified
* Profile not filled out
* No profile image
* No media
* Fake location: Nudesville, Nude GB
* No friends
* No groups
* No locations
* No blogs

Only two bits of information about him: age and sex. Makes you wonder whether that's even correct.

And his posts proclaim that nudism is wrong, and that body shame is good. He doesn't understand why he's the only male nudist who is overwhelmed by body shame. It's simple; he's not a nudist.

Nudity is expected in a locker room nudism isnt. No one gets reported for changing clothes.Are you saying that body shame is not only accepted in the locker room, but expected and respected?Mensa wasnt reported because people seen him as a nudist, all people saw was an old dude acting creepy. Next time maybe he should hang a sign around his neck stating that hes a nudist.Is being seen as a nudist okay or not? Your message is conflicted. What was creepy about Mensa's behavior? It sounds like he's been in that locker room for years without acting creepy or having others creeped out. Are you making his nudity responsible for others' discomfort? A nudism sign is not relevant since when being naked says it elegantly. I invite you to consider better supporting Mensa's view and to confront the real problem. It's not nudity, it's shame:I'm just totally comfortable being me without any sense of shame in that regard. And who would see me in a men's locker room other than men -- who all have the same equipment and have seen countless sets. Nudity should be a total non-issue in men's locker rooms just as it has been for all of recorded history.Mensa you rock as a warrior against body shame. My understanding of this disagreeable experience is that you were being 100% naked with 100% comfort and 0% sexual behavior and 0% shame, and that confronted the complainer's judgments about himself and other men. The complainer is not comfortable being a man among men, naked or not, and is suffering as a result. By standing up to him and not letting him project his body shame on you makes you two good things: a warrior and a healer. Keep it up.

This post was edited

* Not paid
* Not Certified
* Profile not filled out
* No profile image
* No media
* Fake location: Nudesville, Nude GB
* No friends
* No groups
* No locations
* No blogs

Couldnt agree more with mensasnem!
This guy has the minimal of a profile yet every time I see him chiming in he seems to be taking everyone elses inventory. I feel hed be better off looking closer to home.

This post was edited

You are absolutely correct, my views are irrelevant, please ignore them.

DONE!

This post was edited

I could not have said it better.
You are absolutely correct, my views are irrelevant, please ignore them.DONE!
Admittedly, it's very strange to have to defend nudity on a nudist website.

This post was edited

I honestly believe that if the founding fathers of this country could have foreseen this change, they would have listed nudity as an inalienable right. But nudity was a total non-issue and is still a non-issue in the UK.

I do wish nudity was a non issue in the UK. It isnt. It might not be quite as bad as the US, but often isnt far off. And is certainly far more of an issue in the UK than a lot of Europe.

This post was edited

Mikey_Mike;Your recommendation is what my health club has done. There are lockers outside of the locker room so that those who don't shower or change at the club are not offended by seeing those that do.As far as the original question:I have become more cautions and find that I often go into the sauna or steam room with a towel wrapped around first. Invariably, I end up in a position where all of my male parts are visible if someone wants to look. No one says anything because he has to admit to looking.If someone is embarrassed by the sight of my male parts, he is too embarrassed to say anything and he leaves quietly.Then, after a while, I simply spread out the towel and sit naked. Often, if there are other males in there, they do the same. Then, when someone new comes in and there are two or more naked males sitting there, he either stays or leaves quietly.

Nice! I knew I wasn't the only one! This sounds exactly like my gym, and how I go about things in the sauna. Basically we're playing the first-ones-here-set-the-norm card =) If textiles choose to join nude people in the sauna, it's on them.

This post was edited

I think a big problem in the U.K. now is that the younger generations when at school werent made to have showers after sports and game sessions like we were back in the 60s and 70s the world is becoming to pc. We all saw each other naked every week as we grew and developed and seeing all different shapes and sizes of all our bodies made you realise we are all normal and that nudity is normal and nothing to be ashamed of and we were all comfortable with each other being naked..a great shame thats disappearing in lots of schools etc schools seem frightened of being sued for doing something wrong . the world seems hell bent of putting more issues in everyones lives that shouldnt be issues at all and its all detrimental to peoples well being I will always be naked in the changing rooms in and out of the communal showers :-)

This post was edited

It's kind of a way to enjoy my nudity without scaring the puritans.

Go ahead and scare the puritans! Whatever you do, where ever you go, just remember you may unknowingly tap into their secret, great haunting fear that somebody, somewhere might be happy.

This post was edited

I don't carry a towel around with me. When I went into the steam room, there was no one else there. Others came in, found me nude, didn't say anything to me about being nude, but complained about it to someone else. I've used those facilities for several years doing the exact same thing and it has never been a problem. There is no rule against nudity in the locker room or steam room.Op, what did you do ?Stand there a bit ass to the locker, penis on display towards the room?Maybe your a bit large or got slightly erect.I find it hard to believe they hassled you if you did it like I said
Unfortunately, I must admit that I'm not "a bit large."

This post was edited