RE:Tiny Suit

Sunseal wrote:Tho slightly off-topic. I discovered tan-through swim wear a few years ago. I decided to try them while trail-running in textile-only areas. I prefer the lowcut 'hipster' style only because they have a looser fit than the 'speedo' style (and easier to [dis]robe). They work quite well - as close to naked as possible in the context.

The Skinzwear A14 running short may be an option. Loose, open sides to the waist with just some overlap, and available in a range of fabrics including mesh and tan-through. I have a pair in a patterned mesh which lets the light through almost completely but passes all but the closest inspection on opacity if there's only skin underneath. Their website usual has an image of the fabric with a label beneath to show the opacity. Skin forms show through less than printed text, of course.

This post was edited

By by zenavalon13A:I love my Kiniki's. I have a dozen of them. The bikini briefs are my preferred ones to wear now when I swim at the gym. They are quite see thru without the linings. Would prefer not to wear anything but alas they would throw me out.

I can't remember the last time I bought a lined suit! If you have to wear a suit but they don't mind a lack of opacity, you're still ahead in my opinion!

This post was edited

I love my Kiniki's. I have a dozen of them. The bikini briefs are my preferred ones to wear now when I swim at the gym. They are quite see thru without the linings. Would prefer not to wear anything but alas they would throw me out.

Not at Club Fort Lauderdale!

This post was edited

By by zenavalon13A:I love my Kiniki's. I have a dozen of them. The bikini briefs are my preferred ones to wear now when I swim at the gym. They are quite see thru without the linings. Would prefer not to wear anything but alas they would throw me out.I can't remember the last time I bought a lined suit! If you have to wear a suit but they don't mind a lack of opacity, you're still ahead in my opinion!

The only swimsuits I have bought in the last 4 years have been unlined tan through suits.
Got rid of all the other suits so that is the only kind I now have.

This post was edited

Tho slightly off-topic. I discovered tan-through swim wear a few years ago. I decided to try them while trail-running in textile-only areas. I prefer the lowcut 'hipster' style only because they have a looser fit than the 'speedo' style (and easier to [dis]robe). They work quite well - as close to naked as possible in the context.

I have three tan through swimsuits, one each of brief, hipster and shorts, and no other swimwear.
Which one I wear depends on where I am and who is with me.
Agree the briefs are a little more constricting, but sometimes I feel like covering as little as possible.

This post was edited

I imagine the openness to the airflow would be a nice feeling. Love when the open weave allows the water to enter as I'd there's no fabric at all despite the fact that I'm still wearing something. It's just a little different to fully nude and also nice, a combination of openness and restraint. For that, the fabric can be fishnet, tan through or just thin. All good!

Openness and airflow is great any time, especially when driving a convertible!

This post was edited

Sunseal wrote:Tho slightly off-topic. I discovered tan-through swim wear a few years ago. I decided to try them while trail-running in textile-only areas. I prefer the lowcut 'hipster' style only because they have a looser fit than the 'speedo' style (and easier to [dis]robe). They work quite well - as close to naked as possible in the context.The Skinzwear A14 running short may be an option. Loose, open sides to the waist with just some overlap, and available in a range of fabrics including mesh and tan-through. I have a pair in a patterned mesh which lets the light through almost completely but passes all but the closest inspection on opacity if there's only skin underneath. Their website usual has an image of the fabric with a label beneath to show the opacity. Skin forms show through less than printed text, of course.

Don't things tend to pop out at inappropriate times and places with unlined super short side split shorts?

This post was edited

Had no problems with the A14 although I generally am wearing them walking to the beach, rather than sitting around in them. I think they are not so loose at the crotch that things are likely to fall out, though. I am more at risk with my K-Mart (Australia) cheap running shorts, as they are looser at the leg holes.

This post was edited

I'm very comfortable wearing my 1.5wj loose style aussiebums anywhere. No inner linings are a big bonus.

This post was edited

Right back at ya, Ray! :-)

(The first one with the sunrise background is a bit dark, so I had to turn around.)

This post was edited