RE:Tiny Suit

"So very small swinsuits are acceptable in Queensland even though nudity is not?"

For the states in which I've checked (it's a state-level responsibility like the US) the relevant Summary Offences Act is where the law is covered, and it generally talks of exposure of genitalia in a public place or visible from a public place. Victoria also mentions the anus but it's a separate section so that's probably in the context of mooning, although the wording could cover either situation in case you're considering a pouch suit.

Queensland has no official nude beaches, just many unofficial ones. Per the above, a tiny suit is okay in a public park but nude in an open front yard is not. Back yard would be okay if only neighbouring private properties can see, so that's a personal harmony issue rather than a legal one, although the police could conceivably try to issue a fine. It's always good to know where you stand.

This post was edited

I tried a thong in my own pool before we had a privacy fence, but found them uncomfortable.Smallest suit I wore for an extended period of time was a sunseeker rio with front and back panels about 4" wide.I, too, find thongs uncomfortable - mainly from the amount of fabric between my legs and up my crack behind, bit also many of them sem to be cut in front in an uncomfortable way.For this reason, I usually wear either tangas or g-strings on the beach. I have found the ones from Kiniki.com to be comfortable, especially the Kiniki tan-through tangas whose quick-drying properties make them ideal for wearing in busy hotel pools.What I had was probably a gstring, not a thong but found the string in my crack to be uncomfortable and annoying.Tangas are comfortable, but I don't have the courage to wear them in clothing required public places.Try the g-string again but easing the string away from your taint and anus instead of pulling it up tight as you would a tanga or brief.

Thanks, but since I don't have the nerve to wear one on a clothing required public beach (plus they are illegal on most US beaches) and I don't wear anything on a clothing optional beach or in my pool, unless we have company, I really don't have any use for a gstring at this point.

This post was edited

From an internet search, thongs are generally legal on U.S. beaches, but there are exceptions. For example, thongs are illegal on state park beaches in Florida, but fine on many municipal and federal beaches within the state. Also, it appears there is not state law banning thongs on Texas beaches.

This post was edited

I don't know about Texas, but in NJ & some other states, there is no state law against them, but many beach towns prohibit it.

This post was edited

that I wasn't a laughing stock.

A telling statement. Why would you care if someone laughed at you due to a personal decision you make? Personally Ive always separated myself from people who think they have a right to laugh at or make fun of or bully other people. It reminds me a Junior highers laughing at penis size or pubic hair. Some things should be left in jr high.

This post was edited

I think Myrtle beach banned them. SC)

This post was edited

I think Myrtle beach banned them. SC)

Thongs are illegal. Swim brief were at one time.
I went to Myrtle Beach once when I hadn't been on a clothing required beach on over a year. After I set up my chairI instinctively put my hands on the waistband of my shorts to take them off. Luckily I remembered not to before I went further!

This post was edited

This will depend on the Country, the state and possibly the beach or region. I wore tiny suits a few times when young, don't bother now. I wear lots of swim briefs for lap swimming, some larger some smaller as I get fitter and my tan is better. At the beach I wear the same briefs or I go to a CO beach and wear nothing. I don't bother being the 60 yo thong / g-string wearer at a textile beach.

This post was edited

This will depend on the Country, the state and possibly the beach or region. I wore tiny suits a few times when young, don't bother now. I wear lots of swim briefs for lap swimming, some larger some smaller as I get fitter and my tan is better. At the beach I wear the same briefs or I go to a CO beach and wear nothing. I don't bother being the 60 yo thong / g-string wearer at a textile beach.

I meant illegal in Myrtle Beach.

This post was edited

By cardman:
How do you - as wearers of these garments - view yourself in them? Attractive / sexy / unattractive-but-I-want-to-make-a-point / unattractive-but-I-don't-care / other?

My journey started with wearing old Stubbies shorts for my first beach visit in years (hardly uncommon at the time and still available locally!) at which my new girlfriend suggested briefs might be nicer. By the time we were married (early twenties) I was searching for sexier/briefer designs in a pre-internet environment. Our honeymoon destination of Honolulu proved eye-openingly disappointing in that respect - in hindsight the fun holiday destination atmosphere was overcome by prevailing American attitudes to men's swimwear. I did find and buy one suit - a bright print with 3" sides - but that was more conservative than what I had in mind. My wife was happy with low-rise 1" Homs when we discovered them but my ongoing quest for briefer and lighter-weight suits was only satisfied in the internet age.

Meanwhile age has caught up with me, but I still enjoy going brief. Not necessarily thongs, but string sides, tiny pouches and narrow backs are favourites. I enjoy minimising the coverage, like the resulting tan (if lack of opportunity prevents me from having zero tanlines) and, just a little, making a statement that I like my swimwear daring. A point of difference. Unconcerned that the less the fabric the more the underlying form shows. A subtle expression of appreciation for every female who dares to go brief in their swimwear choice (admittedly less rare). Quietly calling out every guy in knee-length board shorts who admires nearby females without really reciprocating. Oh, and drying off in the quickest possible time after emerging from the water without resorting to my towel.

One other point, especially after joining TN and sharing experiences, is to push back against the strong vibe in the textile community that one must dress to one's age and physical build. Many TN members who fall short of the theoretical ideal in various ways do not let that get in the way of their lifestyle and encourage those who are nervous about their appearance. Winding that back to being in a textile beach or swim environment has me feeling that I should be happy for those who do not compromise their enjoyment on the basis of their looks and indeed should not take on such concerns myself.

Long live the tiny swimsuit!

This post was edited