RE:Totally Even Tan

Having looked back through most of the responses to the original post below, no one has mentioned the possibility of a fake tan, one that comes out of a bottle. There's a very nice gal who lives part time at our resort and the other day we asked her when we stopped to talk to her about how she always seems to have the most beautiful, even, bronze skin tone - she didn't hold back about it being something she puts on as a lotion! I didn't ever have much respect for such products, figuring it would be so obvious (and how absolutely ridiculous it looks on some politicians), but now I must admit, it might have some merit as long as the chemicals involved have no known ill effects.

I know it may sound sacrilege, but do any of you have experience with such artificial applications? My curiosity is more about the negatives of the products I speak of - like if it comes off on towels or in the hot tub and how long it lasts - and any good name brands to buy. Don't hate me!

I often see someone at the clothing optional beach with a dark even tan.Does anyone know how people get it so even?Everyone has to be outdoors in some clothing sometime.

This post was edited

Well I guess the more time you spend nude outside the more even the tan gets. Probably it depends also on your skin type etc. My experience is when I go to holidays for example after four or five days of beach life the different shades get equal.

As there was a question about cosmetic self tanning products: these products enter the skin and react with the skin own keratin protein to build up melanoidines. So it's in the skin and not a colour you can accidentally wipe off or wash off. Depending on your skin type this kind of "tan" often has kind of a strange orange look. You also have to care to keep it off your nails, or they will get pretty orange, as they contain much more keratin than the skin. So for me, the natural tan is preferred.

This post was edited

You tan faster than the tan fades. You have to spend a considerable amount of time covered up before you started to notice any difference. As long as you get out in the sun on regular basis, the tan stays. Then of course there are people like me that spend more hours of the day naked than clothed. Other than a few minutes to get the mail, I can go days without a stitch on.John aka cobeachbumSince you rarely wear clothing, do you have relatively little of it?Leave it to the minimalist to bring up how many pieces of clothing one owns, hee hee!My tan stays pretty consistent during the warmer time of the year, with clothing only when I need to go shopping, and that used to be so much more fun than it is now (the shopping, not the clothing-part). When I'm gardening and mowing and there's any real sun showing, I am always sure to wear a loose shirt and hat so my shoulders and head don't end up crispy-crittered and then the suffering commences. I get compliments out in the clothing-dominated world constantly about how nice my tan is, usually dragging out the old nudist chestnut to those complimentarians that there's no end to my tan. I do hate that dumb little line near the bottom of my ass cheeks that always stays white because of, well, you know, my 60-something year old butt cheeks! There's just no way to fix that, and I guess that does always gives me the chance to assess my tan in the mirror.Tanning beds are a necessary evil in the cooler places if you want an all over tan, but using them reminds me of how I used to feel about swimming in indoor pools instead of lakes, oceans and rivers - what's wrong with the natural offerings? That sun up in the sky doesn't cost a thing to be in!
This made me think. Do you know why your home resort is called White Tail?
Since nudity is expected in most of the resort, I wouldn't think that many of the people there would have a white tail.

This post was edited

You tan faster than the tan fades. You have to spend a considerable amount of time covered up before you started to notice any difference. As long as you get out in the sun on regular basis, the tan stays. Then of course there are people like me that spend more hours of the day naked than clothed. Other than a few minutes to get the mail, I can go days without a stitch on.John aka cobeachbumSince you rarely wear clothing, do you have relatively little of it?I should be in that mode, but no, I have closets full of clothes. But on the upside, other than T-Shirts, which I collect for places I've been/things I've done, I haven't bought any new clothes in years. I have SLOWLY been getting rid of stuff. I do live in the midwest where winters can be quite cold, so I do have to keep some.John aka cobeachbum

The only t shirts I have bought since I retired are for successes of teams I follow. I have purchased a few sleeveless shirts while traveling.I also have some t-shirts given to me for participating in charity events. I still have way too many,
I have bought a few pants, shorts and dress shirts to replace one that wears out.
On person on this board decided to stop buying clothing when he retired. After a while so much of his clothing wore out that he had to borrow from his partner that was about the same size. Eventually so little of his was left that he gave the few remaining items to his partner and borrowed something when he needed it. He did keep his own supply of shoes and outerwear.

This post was edited

Several years ago, I decided to try & get a nice, even tan. My methodology was to lay out, nude, around mid-day for about an hour and rotate a different side up every 15 minutes or so. I did this over the course of about 2 months and it worked well. A few folks did comment on it, so I suspect the end result was as desired. Thats my only attempt at the even tan exercise.

This post was edited

Several years ago, I decided to try & get a nice, even tan. My methodology was to lay out, nude, around mid-day for about an hour and rotate a different side up every 15 minutes or so. I did this over the course of about 2 months and it worked well. A few folks did comment on it, so I suspect the end result was as desired. Thats my only attempt at the even tan exercise.

Did you have to limit your outdoor clothed time to get it even?

This post was edited

My tan's fairly even right now. If I lay out on the beach, I'll try to have my feet in the direction of the sun to balance out the sun being overhead if I'm walking around. My proportion of partially-covered sun time to nude sun time is enough to have no lines. If anything, my sides are less tanned due to less direct light when I'm on my front or back. Paler areas do tend to 'catch up' if the opportunity arises.

This post was edited

In answer to Minimalists question; no, I did my usual routine of nude work around the house.

This post was edited

Are any of you guys retired? If yes, what keeps you from relocating to a place where you can be legally nude all the time?

Are you retired? If yes, do you live in clothing optional community?

This post was edited

Without being rude; idiots for governor is a matter of opinion and it works both ways.

This post was edited