RE:Totally Even Tan

Your wife doesn't even want you to be nude when only the 2 of your are there? My wife is rarely nude herself and wouldn't go to a clothing optional venue, but is fine with me being nude when we don't have company

This post was edited

Leaving the tanning topic behind and diving into politics won't do anyone any good. Please let that shit rest. Most nudists know better than to ever EVER bring up a political topic when physically present due to the lack of comfort the subject brings with it. Bringing up politics sitting amongst a bunch of nudists in hot tub is a fine way to empty the hot tub in a hurry, so if you like your solitude, have at it.

Where and if you travel to be nude is up to you. Knocking the citizens of a whole state because of who's been elected its governor neglects to take into account that typically only a little better than half of the inhabitants in that state voted for the moron in the mansion.

I'm very thankful that where we live, the governor cannot succeed himself (or herself if we ever get to enjoy a female governor). Four years after inauguration, we've got a new person in charge. No matter what else happens, only four years in power helps keep our commonwealth a happier place - since a person can only do so much damage in 1461 days - and the no succession law has the additional benefit of keeping the governor governing instead of them spending half of those four years campaigning to stay in power. I do wish more states would adopt this crazy smart way of doing it. Do understand that a governor can be governor again in Virginia, but not two terms in a row. Only two men have done it, come back to be governor after their first term was over, Gov. Patrick Henry and Gov. Mills Godwin. Interestingly, the latter was elected governor as a democrat the first time in the 1960s and the second time as a republican in the seventies.

For those reading this saying to yourself, "Hey, look at that fool saying to not talk politics in here as he does just that." This is our history, not politics - the two are not interchangeable subjects. There are facts and there is fiction. Ignoring or denying what is historical fact generally has you making the same mistakes over and over. Yes, I will admit that this is still not an appropriate place for a civics lesson. But hell, you read it, didn't you? It's like a train wreck - once you know you won't get killed, you gotta watch! The sun is out - gonna go burn the buns.

This post was edited

I thought this thread is about getting an even tan?

This post was edited

Leaving the tanning topic behind and diving into politics won't do anyone any good. Please let that shit rest. Most nudists know better than to ever EVER bring up a political topic when physically present due to the lack of comfort the subject brings with it. Bringing up politics sitting amongst a bunch of nudists in hot tub is a fine way to empty the hot tub in a hurry, so if you like your solitude, have at it.Where and if you travel to be nude is up to you. Knocking the citizens of a whole state because of who's been elected its governor neglects to take into account that typically only a little better than half of the inhabitants in that state voted for the moron in the mansion.I'm very thankful that where we live, the governor cannot succeed himself (or herself if we ever get to enjoy a female governor). Four years after inauguration, we've got a new person in charge. No matter what else happens, only four years in power helps keep our commonwealth a happier place - since a person can only do so much damage in 1461 days - and the no succession law has the additional benefit of keeping the governor governing instead of them spending half of those four years campaigning to stay in power. I do wish more states would adopt this crazy smart way of doing it. Do understand that a governor can be governor again in Virginia, but not two terms in a row. Only two men have done it, come back to be governor after their first term was over, Gov. Patrick Henry and Gov. Mills Godwin. Interestingly, the latter was elected governor as a democrat the first time in the 1960s and the second time as a republican in the seventies.For those reading this saying to yourself, "Hey, look at that fool saying to not talk politics in here as he does just that." This is our history, not politics - the two are not interchangeable subjects. There are facts and there is fiction. Ignoring or denying what is historical fact generally has you making the same mistakes over and over. Yes, I will admit that this is still not an appropriate place for a civics lesson. But hell, you read it, didn't you? It's like a train wreck - once you know you won't get killed, you gotta watch! The sun is out - gonna go burn the buns.

There were quite a few southern Democrats who switched to the Republican party in the late 60s and early 70's and won elections under both parties' banners.
Apparently they were upset because a southern Democratic President fought for and signed the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act.
However, they chose to ignore the fact that both acts had more Republican than Democratic support in Congress.

This post was edited

Strange thing is seeing men with a tan line at the knee at a nude beach. I would think that anyone who is willing to go to a nude beach would wear a smaller swimsuit and shorter shorts when they can't be nude.

Not necessarily. I wear board shorts when I am at a textile beach or pool, mainly because that was the last bathing suit I bought and I see no need to buy a new one if this one is still in perfect shape (due to very little use). My regular shorts are knee length cargo shorts that I got at Kohls at the end of the season 4 years ago. Again, no need to get more shorts if these are still in good enough shape. Ironically, the only thing wrong with them is a small bleached out spot from when I washed them during the 2020 Bare Necessities nude cruise. So I even wore those longer shorts when clothing was required while on a nude cruise.

This post was edited

Strange thing is seeing men with a tan line at the knee at a nude beach. I would think that anyone who is willing to go to a nude beach would wear a smaller swimsuit and shorter shorts when they can't be nude.Not necessarily. I wear board shorts when I am at a textile beach or pool, mainly because that was the last bathing suit I bought and I see no need to buy a new one if this one is still in perfect shape (due to very little use). My regular shorts are knee length cargo shorts that I got at Kohls at the end of the season 4 years ago. Again, no need to get more shorts if these are still in good enough shape. Ironically, the only thing wrong with them is a small bleached out spot from when I washed them during the 2020 Bare Necessities nude cruise. So I even wore those longer shorts when clothing was required while on a nude cruise.

Makes sense to me but I am in a different situation than you are.
First of all, I have to be clothed more often than many on this board because I am involved in a lot of community activities, our grandson spends a good bit of the summer with us, and my wife will not go to clothing optional venues. I addition, I am not an all or nothing person. The less I am wearing, the better I feel, even if I am not nude. Plus I have replaced some of my somewhat worn clothing with something with less coverage even if it was still fit to wear.
Two examples. I needed a new swim brief because both of mine were wearing out. I had read here and elsewhere that tan through swimwear was less confining than other types because of the ligher weight material so that is what I bought. I found it so comfortable that I got rid of the rest of my swimsuits and bought one each of relatively short tan through swim shorts and hipsters,
I found a pair of 5" gym shorts so I bought a pair and found it to be a much more comfortable length than the 8" ones I had so I bought 2 more and got rid of the longer shorts. I a very little time, my 8 - 10" cargo and dress shorts were feeling way to long so I replaced them with 4 - 5" ones

This post was edited

It is just not possible to be evenly tanned.
The sun comes out in April, sometimes March. Only my face and balding head are exposed. Jackets are necessary and sometimes hats and gloves too. When it is warm enough to put the jackets aside, a short-sleeved shirt is most often necessary, and the jeans cover the rest of me.
Shorts can be introduced in May, but it can snow in May as well, and footwear is almost always needed. June, July, and August could allow nude time if a safe place can be found and time permits. If I am outside either working on a project or doing yard work during those months, I am usually seeking shade. It can also snow in those months too, but it is rare. Overnight lows that dip into the 30's will happen. Come September everything is reversed, but at a more rapid pace. If it has not snowed by the end of September, it's late.

This post was edited

It is just not possible to be evenly tanned.The sun comes out in April, sometimes March. Only my face and balding head are exposed. Jackets are necessary and sometimes hats and gloves too. When it is warm enough to put the jackets aside, a short-sleeved shirt is most often necessary, and the jeans cover the rest of me.Shorts can be introduced in May, but it can snow in May as well, and footwear is almost always needed. June, July, and August could allow nude time if a safe place can be found and time permits. If I am outside either working on a project or doing yard work during those months, I am usually seeking shade. It can also snow in those months too, but it is rare. Overnight lows that dip into the 30's will happen. Come September everything is reversed, but at a more rapid pace. If it has not snowed by the end of September, it's late.

Where you live has a relatively short warm season, but the same is true to some extent everywhere. Thank why it puzzles me to see people that are dark tan everywhere at clothing optional beaches.

This post was edited

I have had an all over even tan for the past 5 or 6 years now. It has been that long since I have been on a beach in a swimsuit for any longer than a few minutes or a pool during the peak sun hours. I would estimate that I spend about 90% of my outdoor time during peak sun hours nude.

Now that you are going to the pool in your community are you starting to get a tan line?

This post was edited

When it warms up in March,sometimes sooner I sunbathe outside on my deck, never wear anything, haven't worn swim trunks in a couple years. I will sunbathe outside almost every day, even for just 30 minutes. In May or June I start going to the mountains or the desert and stay naked for awhile. some of the people at my gym compliment me on my nice allover tan.

This post was edited