Totally Even Tan

I often see someone at the clothing optional beach with a dark even tan.
Does anyone know how people get it so even?
Everyone has to be outdoors in some clothing sometime.

This topic was edited
RE:Totally Even Tan

Sunbeds

This post was edited

If not sunbeds, then the main other option is keeping the percentage of nude time in the strong sun high. In summer, if I can tan regularly but, say, do other outdoor activities earlier or later in the day then it's achievable. If I can't take advantage of sunshine while nude, I may just spend the time in shade for the sake of the tan if possible.

A deep tan is a real commitment, though. The results can be amazing. I'm just a little envious sometimes, while maybe underestimating how mine is going. I had a compliment or two in the past so perhaps it's not that bad.

This post was edited

You tan faster than the tan fades. You have to spend a considerable amount of time covered up before you started to notice any difference. As long as you get out in the sun on regular basis, the tan stays. Then of course there are people like me that spend more hours of the day naked than clothed. Other than a few minutes to get the mail, I can go days without a stitch on.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

You tan faster than the tan fades. You have to spend a considerable amount of time covered up before you started to notice any difference. As long as you get out in the sun on regular basis, the tan stays. Then of course there are people like me that spend more hours of the day naked than clothed. Other than a few minutes to get the mail, I can go days without a stitch on.John aka cobeachbum

Since you rarely wear clothing, do you have relatively little of it?

This post was edited

You tan faster than the tan fades. You have to spend a considerable amount of time covered up before you started to notice any difference. As long as you get out in the sun on regular basis, the tan stays. Then of course there are people like me that spend more hours of the day naked than clothed. Other than a few minutes to get the mail, I can go days without a stitch on.John aka cobeachbumSince you rarely wear clothing, do you have relatively little of it?

Leave it to the minimalist to bring up how many pieces of clothing one owns, hee hee!

My tan stays pretty consistent during the warmer time of the year, with clothing only when I need to go shopping, and that used to be so much more fun than it is now (the shopping, not the clothing-part). When I'm gardening and mowing and there's any real sun showing, I am always sure to wear a loose shirt and hat so my shoulders and head don't end up crispy-crittered and then the suffering commences. I get compliments out in the clothing-dominated world constantly about how nice my tan is, usually dragging out the old nudist chestnut to those complimentarians that there's no end to my tan. I do hate that dumb little line near the bottom of my ass cheeks that always stays white because of, well, you know, my 60-something year old butt cheeks! There's just no way to fix that, and I guess that does always gives me the chance to assess my tan in the mirror.

Tanning beds are a necessary evil in the cooler places if you want an all over tan, but using them reminds me of how I used to feel about swimming in indoor pools instead of lakes, oceans and rivers - what's wrong with the natural offerings? That sun up in the sky doesn't cost a thing to be in!

This post was edited

In September of 2020, at the end of s summer with few places to go beyond my backyard pool a Bengali friend commented looking at my arms and face that he rarely sees someone of European ancestry who is darker than him. I told him that I was essentially the same color to my waist. I didn't tell him that the area below the waist was only a little lighter.

This post was edited

You tan faster than the tan fades. You have to spend a considerable amount of time covered up before you started to notice any difference. As long as you get out in the sun on regular basis, the tan stays. Then of course there are people like me that spend more hours of the day naked than clothed. Other than a few minutes to get the mail, I can go days without a stitch on.John aka cobeachbum

This is a pretty accurate. I never have tan lines since I never spend time summer time tanning wearing clothing and that sticks through the winter. Not really rocket science.

This post was edited

You tan faster than the tan fades. You have to spend a considerable amount of time covered up before you started to notice any difference. As long as you get out in the sun on regular basis, the tan stays. Then of course there are people like me that spend more hours of the day naked than clothed. Other than a few minutes to get the mail, I can go days without a stitch on.John aka cobeachbumThis is a pretty accurate. I never have tan lines since I never spend time summer time tanning wearing clothing and that sticks through the winter. Not really rocket science.

So you don't have enough incidental time outside to get some areas darker than others.

This post was edited

You tan faster than the tan fades. You have to spend a considerable amount of time covered up before you started to notice any difference. As long as you get out in the sun on regular basis, the tan stays. Then of course there are people like me that spend more hours of the day naked than clothed. Other than a few minutes to get the mail, I can go days without a stitch on.John aka cobeachbumSince you rarely wear clothing, do you have relatively little of it?

I should be in that mode, but no, I have closets full of clothes. But on the upside, other than T-Shirts, which I collect for places I've been/things I've done, I haven't bought any new clothes in years. I have SLOWLY been getting rid of stuff. I do live in the midwest where winters can be quite cold, so I do have to keep some.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

You tan faster than the tan fades. You have to spend a considerable amount of time covered up before you started to notice any difference. As long as you get out in the sun on regular basis, the tan stays. Then of course there are people like me that spend more hours of the day naked than clothed. Other than a few minutes to get the mail, I can go days without a stitch on.John aka cobeachbumThis is a pretty accurate. I never have tan lines since I never spend time summer time tanning wearing clothing and that sticks through the winter. Not really rocket science.So you don't have enough incidental time outside to get some areas darker than others.

Not really. My shoulders are definetly darker than the rest, but that's more due to angle of attack than anything.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited