RE:Is it okay for a guy to walk around a locker room naked?

Yes, absolutely I do it on a daily basis without any issues at my gym.

This post was edited

I to exercise our freedom of being naked in the locker room as it was originally designed for in the first place.

I have absolutely no idea who invented/created the first changing room, but Im pretty sure it was for the purpose of changing from one form of clothing to another.

This post was edited

I always do, plus the steam room and sauna. It is funny to watch the young guys wearing the gym clothes in the sauna/steam areas.

This post was edited

I'm always naked in the locker room. I don't care what everyone else does. At one point at the YMCA where I am a member they put a sign up that everyone had to have a towel on. So I put it over my shoulder.

This post was edited

I have absolutely no idea who invented/created the first changing room, but Im pretty sure it was for the purpose of changing from one form of clothing to another.

That may the be what a "changing room" is used for, like a "fitting room" at a department store. However, a "Locker Room" is much different. "Locker rooms" are used to clean up after a workout or a sporting event. Such as taking a shower and winding down in the hot tub or sauna. Walking to the shower naked should not be an issue with any one! If anyone has an issue with seeing naked men they probably should stay out.

This post was edited

I have absolutely no idea who invented/created the first changing room, but Im pretty sure it was for the purpose of changing from one form of clothing to another.That may the be what a "changing room" is used for, like a "fitting room" at a department store. However, a "Locker Room" is much different. "Locker rooms" are used to clean up after a workout or a sporting event. Such as taking a shower and winding down in the hot tub or sauna. Walking to the shower naked should not be an issue with any one! If anyone has an issue with seeing naked men they probably should stay out.

This is absolutely correct, this is totally the normal and correct way to use a locker room.

The non creepy way.

its when the locker room exhibitionist shows up, thats when it gets abused.

This post was edited

Currently there is a naked guy at my gym that loves to Jack off in front of anyone he thinks might be interested at any time. I don't understand why he has t been busted and thrown out - always makes me sad when I realize he is there.That's the guy that turns everyone off to locker room nudity. Yeah, he should be thrown out!! There's a time and a place for everything and jacking off in a locker room is not the place.Take pity on him. He must've been abused as a child. He need to get the attention of other males. He needs an authoritarian male to tell him to "STOP doing that here." If that doesn't work explain to the manager of the facility what is going on. And only the Manager no one in between the hierarchy.Thats quite a leap for a locker room exhibitionist to make.

It may be a "leap" for you. Walking around naked in a locker room jerking off is NOT OK! Don't let me catch you doing it!

This post was edited

Theres nothing new with this thread but just more examples of how some folks can break something that should be unbreakable. My real locker room time of the 60s, 70s & 80s had showering, changing & leaving as the usual activities. I guess someone decided that wasnt enough & had to make a mess. With luck, our cycle will once again return to its origin and begin anew.

This post was edited

100% absolutely OK. It is to be expected.

I guess I am lucky with the YMCA I am a member at. It still has gang showers, 2 saunas, 2 steam rooms and a hot tub in the men's locker room. Everyone walks around naked and uses the steams, saunas and hot tub naked. If, by any chance, someone is dressed, they are the oddball.

This post was edited

I have absolutely no idea who invented/created the first changing room, but Im pretty sure it was for the purpose of changing from one form of clothing to another.That may the be what a "changing room" is used for, like a "fitting room" at a department store. However, a "Locker Room" is much different. "Locker rooms" are used to clean up after a workout or a sporting event. Such as taking a shower and winding down in the hot tub or sauna. Walking to the shower naked should not be an issue with any one! If anyone has an issue with seeing naked men they probably should stay out.This is absolutely correct, this is totally the normal and correct way to use a locker room.The non creepy way.its when the locker room exhibitionist shows up, thats when it gets abused.

You still have not define what you think creepy is! What are you afraid of?

By today's standards with 90% of men covering up in the locker room, being an exhibitionist simply means that you don't wrap a towel around you when going from your locker to the shower and back. It does not mean that you walk around jerking off to get other men's attention. Not covering up in a men's locker now a days is extravagant.

exhibitionist | eksbiSH()nst |noun
a person who behaves in an extravagant way in order to attract attention: I am something of an exhibitionist.

This post was edited