RE: International sign for Nudists???

. Hell, how about the inscription on the Pioneer space probe plaque?

Can't get more direct than that, but non-nudists who recognized it would think of it in terms of the space program.

If aliens discover this plaque and come visit us. I imagine they'd be puzled as to why everyone is wearing clothes. Mankind looks nothing like the depiction on the plaque. Isn't it ironic that mankind is happy enough to depict us as naked to aliens, but not to each another in person?

Glad to see the scientists that designed the plaque were open and honest.

This post was edited

How about a fig leaf with a horizontal line above it, the math symbol for "NOT" but I could not find a specific reference to it (and I could be wrong EDIT: Yes I was, number with a line above it means repeating, the tilde is the right symbol, silly me.). The same thing would also be a tilde (~) above it according to wikipedia, logic sysbol for "not". Probably not as recognizable as international symbol (circle with a line through it) but it might be more suble and simple and some peolple may read it as "minus" a fig leaf. A minus sign to the left of the fig leaf; yet another idea. The international symbol for "no" works well and would certainly serve as an attention getter, begging people to ask "What does that mean?" more than the other suggestions if that would be the desired effect, but does give a negative conotation to me as well.
Definitely not something where ones needs to consult wikipedia to know what it means!!!

This post was edited

My friends here, and those who have read my posts on ink, will know that I am absolutely nuts about tattoos. Saying that, I know they are not for everyone. Perhaps combine the ideas here with a button badge, cap or t-shirt. That way, those who don't 'do' ink will be included. I like the crossed out fig leaf concept best so far, keep 'em coming. You might see me posting a pic of a tattoo of the one I choose!

This post was edited

I was hoping someone was going to come up with something even artistically challenged people could quickly draw. I cannot draw fig leafs, lilies or bluejays well enough for any of you to recognise my intended subject. I can however draw simple designs like peace symbols, and rainbows. Even people who mix up the order of the colours in a rainbow still have their symbol recognised as GLBT tolerant. I therefore am leaning towards the suggested simple "N" design... however, an "N" bumper sticker in my hometown province mean "Novice" driver, which has certain restriction impossed upon the license of the driver (like at most one passenger at a time)

Anyways, I have for a couple of years considered making my own simple bumper sticker of the TrueNudists website's leaf design. To any 'insiders' who stumble upon my vehicle parked near my swimming holes will know what they are about to see.

This post was edited

Be careful with that. The image might be copyrighted re using it outside of TN.
Not that I have made a bumper sticker, but I believe I am allowed to make up my own for my own personal use... ie not for others or for profit? I'm no copywright lawyer, but I believe that is the case.

This post was edited

Most people don't put "bluejay" and "naked together.
The actual expression is "naked as a jaybird", but it's archaic enough that few still use it.
NIM's suggestions:
Logo ...

Button ...

The outline is of a fig leaf. I note that JohnThomas suggested that while I was off Googling for the leaf and creating the images. Great minds think alike, it appears.
Interesting but some folks may take that as "No Poison Ivy or Sumac" if they don't know what the leaves look like...

This post was edited

Curt said ......
The original premis being something universally recognizable by nudists, not textiles, to simply indicate an "insider" so to speak... Should be simple, recognizable, universally non-offensive in any country in the world. I'd suggest a simple letter "N" with no embelishments whatever. I also like a combined letter consisting of a lower case n and lower case u run to gether to make a sort of highly exaggerated tilde.
I wrote this before you did, but had another crash before I could post it :)

This post was edited

We seem to be getting nowhere at the moment, so lets just make it quite plain and simple for people to understand.
Have a tattoo on your forehead, with these words- Nudism is Natural.

This post was edited

My 2 cents worth, I would vote for the Jaybird in flight, with a lily in its beak. Beautiful image, recognizable to those who matter, and inoffensive to those who are unaware of its meaning.
Could you imagine a bumpersticker with the Space probe image on it? Some prude would spray paint your car in days!
And the Fig leave with a line drawn through it? It immediately gives a thought to a negative statement, and I like to have positive things in my life.
The idea is to find a symbol we can all recognize, not a political statement.
Put my vote down for the Jay Bird!

This post was edited

Be careful with that. The image might be copyrighted re using it outside of TN.
Not that I have made a bumper sticker, but I believe I am allowed to make up my own for my own personal use... ie not for others or for profit? I'm no copywright lawyer, but I believe that is the case.

ANY copy is a violation of copyright. Typically private use goes unnoticed and unpunished wheras copying for profit is persued in court. There are some notable exceptions especially when talking about the RIAA where they will sue a single parent into oblivion who has simply consumed copied music on their compter hard drive.

This post was edited