RE: International sign for Nudists???

Ok we need a secret sign that other nudists know about butthe textiles do not know about.What happens 30 days later when some textile learns the secret?

LOL that's the thing very few things are truly secret anymore. That's why I say just make a banner. Everyone knows a rainbow flag means you are a supporter of GLBT people and rights... this would do the same thing for nudism. Someone really just needs to do it and start distributing it and eventually one will catch on as "the" symbol for nudism. I mean NIM can do his... I could do mine, we'd both have the same idea and eventually one of them would be more than an idea it'd be something everyone embraced as "the" symbol.

This post was edited

Picture this... Orange is the complementary, contrast of blue so... The blue jay idea,(as posted on reply #5 and #22 youngbimale2007)on a beautiful sunset background. This is my vote.I still say this is avery good idea. As stated... The purity, freedom, peacefulness, It all makes sence to me. I think it's what most of us are about.

This post was edited

But golly gee, it "Might mean something to some, and not others. It's not close to universal." That aside, how about a graphic? It sounds good. And how would it look if reduced to a button or lapel pin to meet the premise of the OP about recognizing other nudists out in Textileland?I disagree about the universal, but you have a very good point about the reduction on a lapelpin or button! Wow, I was really excited about the combination. I even got some pix to work with. I'll try to work it out and get back.

This post was edited

A small figleaf tattoo on the back ofthe hand.

Single- Green

Married- Red

Gay - Blue

Bi -Yellow

This post was edited

I think maybe just hte fig leaf in black, whilst hte colour is a good idea, I don't think we need to know the (Marital or sexual) status of the person, isn't this simply just to identify other nudists?!!

This post was edited

the reason I'm opposed to the fig leaf is that it's not really a symbol for being nude... it was what was first used to cover up and promote shame and was the first piece of clothing to cover bare skin. I understand the premise of crossing it out and saying "don't be ashamed to be nude"... got it... I still say it's a negative image and not as good of a symbol for nudism. If you're going to wear a symbol like a banner therefore promoting who you are and what you're after... which is nudism... which means you're promoting nudism... let it be a positive symbol. A bird carrying a fig leaf... certainly people might get it, but the fig leaf was still used to cover you up and not quite the proper symbol. Also, as mentioned, a lily serves dual purpose. It not only has the biblical reference of "consider the lilies of the field" it has the general symbolism of purity which is also something nudism tries to promote.

And NIM, I'm not arguing with you, I'm giving you my perspective on why my idea is a better one than yours. To argue with you I'd have to do something like "you're a stupid idiot, I can't believe you think this" then call you names. This is more peaceful then that. I mean if you want to try to push a line through a fig leaf as "the" symbol... do it, I just don't think it's an effective and positive image to promote nudism with... which is exactly what you do with a symbol like this... promote what it stands for.

This post was edited

I think maybe just hte fig leaf in black, whilst hte colour is a good idea, I don't think we need to know the (Marital or sexual) status of the person, isn't this simply just to identify other nudists?!!
I thought of a single colour, but the coded system may help ward off unwanted advances from certain people.

This post was edited

A small figleaf tattoo on the back ofthe hand. Single- Green Married- Red Gay - Blue Bi -Yellow

Perhaps we would be better with a four leaf clover, as some people may want more than one colour on it.

This post was edited

How about a fig leaf with a horizontal line above it, the math symbol for "NOT" but I could not find a specific reference to it (and I could be wrong EDIT: Yes I was, number with a line above it means repeating, the tilde is the right symbol, silly me.). The same thing would also be a tilde (~) above it according to wikipedia, logic sysbol for "not". Probably not as recognizable as international symbol (circle with a line through it) but it might be more suble and simple and some peolple may read it as "minus" a fig leaf. A minus sign to the left of the fig leaf; yet another idea.
The international symbol for "no" works well and would certainly serve as an attention getter, begging people to ask "What does that mean?" more than the other suggestions if that would be the desired effect, but does give a negative conotation to me as well.

This post was edited

The original premis being something universally recognizable by nudists, not textiles, to simply indicate an "insider" so to speak...
Should be simple, recognizable, universally non-offensive in any country in the world.
I'd suggest a simple letter "N" with no embelishments whatever.
I also like a combined letter consisting of a lower case n and lower case u run to gether to make a sort of highly exaggerated tilde.

This post was edited