San Francisco considers banning nudity over cock ring issue

One supervisor - by no means an anti-nudist, is proposing banning nudity because guys have taken to wearing cock rings on the street. Here's the story, in the Bay Area Reporter.

This topic was edited
RE: San Francisco considers banning nudity over cock ring issue

One supervisor - by no means an anti-nudist, is proposing banning nudity because guys have taken to wearing cock rings on the street. Here's the story, in the Bay Area Reporter.I've long been, and remain, of the position that activist in-your-face militants do radically more damage by accident than they could ever hope to do on purpose.
If this doesn't clarify the whole "cock ring" issue, then nothing will.

This post was edited

I find that the right is always taking democracy downward by suppressing civil rights, forcing religion into politics, encouraging voter repression and keeping the underground market of drugs and prostitution thriving. Also by profiteering on the lives and deaths of others.

This post was edited

And of course, the bigoted assumption that only "megaqueers" wear cockrings. A hell of a lot of straight men do as well.

This post was edited

Well, an expressed hatred and contempt for an entire city like San Francisco is the trade mark of the exclusionary far right that doesn't really consider every U.S. citizen to be a "true patriot" or worthy of equal rights under the law. It's the contradiction that defines them.

This post was edited

Ravens even admitted so at one time.NEVER...YOU ARE WRONG, WRONG WRONG!!!! quit putting words in my mouth Bruce!

This post was edited
Examples of very tolerant public-nudity laws?

I have heard - and I have no real information, this is a sincere question - that the law and / or practice in Sweden and maybe a few other north European countries is to permit nudity where it isn't expected to offend - which I suppose mostly means parks and such. The situation in San Francisco is clearly unstable and not well worked out. Are there examples in Europe of settled practice that they might follow as they develop their laws on the question, given that they are plainly trying to be as tolerant as they reasonably can (and maybe a little more than that.)

This post was edited

That really makes no sense considering the figures provided.

This post was edited

We are free to behave we are not free to misbehave.
Is it against the law to blow smoke in the face of a non-smoker? Would this not be considered misbehaving?
Can you be an exhibitionist at a nudist venue? If the act is unacceptable and done as an "in your face" act, then yes.
The San Francisco issue may end in a law that is extreme and will miss the target. There may be a law that hurts more than it helps. Let's punish everyone for the indiscretions of a few.
Bob

This post was edited

Breasts aren't sex organs!!!! They have been sexualized, but that doesn't make them genetalia.

This post was edited

Please stop boasting and bragging Bruce. It is so unchristian. And so false. Jesus wept.

This post was edited