RE: single married nudist

It's been discussed on other posters of this type, but I'll ask the question again.To all you married but wife is not a naturist and all single guys.Would you be happy to visit a naturist resort that was exclusively for men?

That would be uncomfortable for me. An all male resort could be a place for men to pick up other men. I happen to be straight and I hope there is a place where men can be with men and be happy. I am not one of them. I prefer to be in a mix of males and females.

This post was edited

It's been discussed on other posters of this type, but I'll ask the question again.To all you married but wife is not a naturist and all single guys.Would you be happy to visit a naturist resort that was exclusively for men?

That would be uncomfortable for me. An all male resort could be a place for men to pick up other men. I happen to be straight and I hope there is a place where men can be with men and be happy. I am not one of them. I prefer to be in a mix of males and females.

This post was edited

Completely understandable. Before going I'd have to check it out online. If it is a true nudist place I'd go, BUT if it looked like a gay orgy place I'll stay home and start another garden tractor rebuild ;-)

This post was edited

I agree with that. One of the hallmarks of the resorts that I go to is that public sex and extreme PDAs are off the table, and that while private liaisons are condoned, hitting on other people is taboo.

There's an irony here. I would stay away from an exclusively male event because the implication is that I'll be hit on, and I would need guarantees that I won't see that behavior before I think of setting foot in there. In other words, I'd be in the same position that most women have been in all their lives. It's a curious reversal of roles.

This post was edited
RE:single married nudist

Well said FullMonte. As I was reading previous replies I started thinking about my own point of view on this and you wrote it out almost exactly.

This post was edited

Lost in this discussion is that there is no public place - private or public - I'm aware of where a single father and his children are both appropriate and welcomed. The sad thing is not that I'm discriminated against as a dad. My sons have grown up to be clothing casual, but the sting of discrimination against them was set as toddlers. They may keep their pants off, but the idea that they could become nudist is likely never. Even if they marry nudists, why would they go where they feel hated? That's why I don't expect the majority of resorts to be around much longer.

This post was edited
RE:single married nudist

if people / resorts . clubs landed or not are so shallow minded they have to push people away just because of marital status, and gender as they do to single men and solo marrieds then theyor all nudists should refrain from using the misleading "non judgmental and accepting of others from there mission statements or advertisement since they are anything butt . And should look in the mirror and aske yourselves , what if it was me it being done to or your young adult children!. Accept what is honestly looking back at you! If your capable.

This post was edited

That's my ideal place, too. That's the sort of naturism I was introduced to when I went to FKK events in Germany back when God was in the third grade. Just... everybody.

German FKK was also my intro to nudism as an adult. Prior to that, I took saunas and swam naked in the Swedish bathing culture. Textiles were simply something worth disregarding as constraining and uncomfortable. That's an attitude I'd like more of, rather than reading into peoples' motivations based on their demographics. Blue suit? Red suit? No suit? It should all be good. Nudity is a state, not a behavior which needs to be regulated.

This post was edited

My spouse is comfortable with social nudity, but he doesn't travel at all. This spring I'll be staying at a place just east of Nashville (Tennessee, USA) called Whispering Oaks, that advertises itself as a c/o men's retreat - gay / straight / bi / whatever, but men only. I'll make a report - or if other posters know the place, I'd appreciate any advance word. It's good someone has recognized the surfeit of men in the nudist community, and extended a welcome.

Not that there aren't places that just don't care - I've stayed a few times at Native Woods in coastal Georgia, run by a straight couple but explicitly welcoming of male/female/couple/gay/straight/pierced/whatever, with preference for AANR members, but all welcome who are willing to identify themselves sufficiently for a background check. Not sure they're still in business; they're pretty quiet online.

This post was edited