RE: Site Upgrades - Make your suggestions!

Question: Is it true that we can't message someone or make comments on photos unless that person is on our Friends List? If this is the case I believe that it severely limits our ability to briefly interact with other members. I like to keep my Friends List small to people who I know or have some type of relationship with. I have less than 100 "Friends". Do I need to have a stable of 500 or maybe 5000 friends?DesertRatJust had a message conversation with MOW (Who is not currently in my friends list), so this either was not true, or has been fixed, or is unique to some accounts only.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Just had a message conversation with MOW (Who is not currently in my friends list), so this either was not true, or has been fixed, or is unique to some accounts only.John aka cobeachbumI just tried sending a message to DesertRat,and did not work,so it must be unique to some accounts only.

This post was edited

Just had a message conversation with MOW (Who is not currently in my friends list), so this either was not true, or has been fixed, or is unique to some accounts only.John aka cobeachbumI just tried sending a message to DesertRat,and did not work,so it must be unique to some accounts only.Maybe it's different browsers... I'm on iPad ...I am having non of the above problems.. I still can't see mutual friends, or last login dates.

This post was edited

Just had a message conversation with MOW (Who is not currently in my friends list), so this either was not true, or has been fixed, or is unique to some accounts only.John aka cobeachbumI just tried sending a message to DesertRat,and did not work,so it must be unique to some accounts only.Maybe it's different browsers... I'm on iPad ...I am having non of the above problems.. I still can't see mutual friends, or last login dates.For what it's worth to help troubleshoot, I'm on windows 7 Home Premium, SP1. IE 11 (11.0.9600.17207). I also occasionally use Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m. The only difference I've seen between the two is in Chrome I can flag photos (Though I have to use the arrow down key to select the reason) and in IE I am unable to select a reason, as they briefly appear then disappear.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I've also noticed that I no longer stay logged in. Once I close all TN windows that I may have open, if I return to TN, I must log in again. This may be by design, as most web pages these days do this.
John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

There has been a lot of discussion lately about the photos. TT1 has taken some of our comments and acted upon them but there are still a few issues that need correcting. These include: 1. Cropping pictures; 2. Being unable to enlarge the photos as before; 3. The addition of the huge watermark; and 4. Being unable to comment on pics of people other than our "Friends".
If others feel that these items are unreasonable, please let me know. If you feel that these items make some sense, please relay that to TT1.
Regardless of what happens, I am fully committed to this site.
Thank you,
DesertRat

This post was edited

We're improving and changing things in this area, so you can't check it out right this second. Don't fret, it will be back shortly. 7/17/2014 - 2:10PM - teamtrue1Could you please define "shortly" so I can markit on my calendar, and will I need a 20015 calendar?

This post was edited

I agree that the watermarks are a good thing. The watermark can be seen through anyways. As for comments...send them a message and tell them what you think. Never really understood a need to comment on ones pics. Most of the comments are sort of creepy anyways.

This post was edited

Message historyI would find it really helpful if when you clicked on message in a profile it took you to the message history for that person. It does it in the messages section. Would be good if it did the same from the profile section.ant chance?

This post was edited

I've also noticed that I no longer stay logged in. Once I close all TN windows that I may have open, if I return to TN, I must log in again. This may be by design, as most web pages these days do this.John aka cobeachbumSame here a right pain having to log in again if I accidentally close the TN window

This post was edited