Yogis Who Lift

New Group!

I started this new group because many similar groups are either inactive, the moderator hasn't logged on for a long time, posts are irrelevant or spam, or just plain dead. I hope to revive some excitement. The profile pic was taken from a...

Are you into Rebounding

Haha, no its not breaking up with someone and jumping to another person, though I suppose that is a definition. I'm talking about those mini trampolines for exercise. I have one in my office and jump on it when my Garmin watch periodically tells...

Latest Post
by  
Pigeon for Back Pain

Back pain is a debilitating condition that greatly reduces quality of life. When combined with sciatic pain down one or both legs, it is also immobilizing. For many of us, the sciatic nerve is intertwined with the piriformis muscle. This muscle...

Chair pose for Strength

Chair pose (sanskrit Utkatasana) is an amazing pose for strength. On its own, it isnt a difficult pose. But in a midst of a standing sequence, it is a great isometric burner. There are variations that add more to its strength. *** Share your pose...

Latest Post
by  
Tree for Balance

The quintessential balance pose in yoga is tree pose, vrksasana. With any balance pose, I tell my students that drishti is the key. Drishti is where you focus your gaze. In Ashtanga yoga, every pose has its own drishti. The drishti for tree pose is...

Latest Post
by  
Pull-ups are the Queen

Yes I still believe Squats are the King of exercises. Pull-ups are the corollary. Are pull-ups as necessary in life? Will you be disfunctional without them? Not at all. But they fill a big hole in fitness. *** Why do I say this? A revered lady yoga...

Curious: What is your lifting vs yoga...

I really enjoy both lifting and yoga. I think that they complement each other very well. I'm just curious though, how frequently do most folks in here lift a week and how many times a week do you do yoga? When I'm sticking to my routine,...

Lord of the Dance

Lord of the Dance (Natarajasana) is a balance pose in yoga. The real focus is on the hip flexors of the back leg. These include rectus femoris, iliopsoas, and tensor fascia latae. The key to this pose is drishti, where you focus your gaze. It may be...

Latest Post
by  
Play Sports

Im saying this to remind myself. Since Ive gotten older, I basically stopped doing sports. My last team sport was a Church softball league. I cant say that went well nor did I enjoy it. I threw a football around with a friend and it was fun. But...

Latest Post
by  
Nude yoga retreat

Just signed up for a nude yoga retreat blue mountains in November . Just open to men. Should be fun

Latest PostYes
by MAN2022