RE:Home deliveries

My GF is a letter carrier and she told me she has had people open their doors in all states of dress or undress. Most have a open robe on and nothing under it. She is border line nudist so it doesn't bother her.

This post was edited

I wonder if this is water-cooler conversation at the post office :])

If it is, I'm curious as to how many other carriers do feel unsafe or offended when it does occur (since I assume the majority of carriers aren't borderline nudists)...

This post was edited

I've had male friends shut down after unexpectedly seeing my penis on an impromptu skinny dip, and female friends struggle with seeing me bare chested. Both stemmed from their abuse histories, so I like to be sensitive to the fact that it's not just about me.

This post was edited

I wonder if this is water-cooler conversation at the post office :])If it is, I'm curious as to how many other carriers do feel unsafe or offended when it does occur (since I assume the majority of carriers aren't borderline nudists)...

My carrier has seen me but not because I opened the door while nude. I was working in the kitchen where there is no view from the back door. She often just opened the door to put packages inside where she got a full view of me standing at the stove. It was appreciated that the packages were put inside, but it no longer happens.

This post was edited

I wonder if this is water-cooler conversation at the post office :])If it is, I'm curious as to how many other carriers do feel unsafe or offended when it does occur (since I assume the majority of carriers aren't borderline nudists)...

At one time I saw on another site that post office guidance for customers included Answer the door as quickly as possible and Don't answer the door in your underwear or a towel. Nothing about nude, but I would suspect that was an unstated don't.

This post was edited

Usually grab a robe or a towel. Not always if expecting a friend, relative or a household member with no key. Has happened that there has been someone like Jehovah's Witnesses, salesperson, mailperson, neighbor etc. Nothing particular ever occurred, some have been tad embarrassed, others cool.

This post was edited

Don't even own a robe. Too bulky and uncomfortable for me.
Shorts or towel suffice.

This post was edited

I usually keep shorts at the top of the stairs to answer the door to delivery people

This post was edited

I keep a pair of shorts be the door during summer and a robe in winter. I have a sign on the door that says - "This is a nudist household and some nudity may be seen." It keeps the salesmen away!

This post was edited

I do not answer the door nude or get "accidentally" caught nude. I am a nudist/naturist not an exhibitionist.

This post was edited