RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

19 pages of posts. Don't know whether I've posted here before or not.

I prefer that everyone be nude -- nudity required, not clothing optional.

But I understand why some resorts are clothing optional -- more people will go if they have the choice.

The men's resort near me is fully clothing optional. That is, there is no place or time where clothing is required and no place or time where clothing is prohibited.

I arrive already nude (drive there nude), am nude the entire time I'm there, and drive home nude. Some resorts require clothing in the dinning facilities -- not so at this resort.

Other guys are clothed the entire time, even in the pool, sauna, and hot tub. Some resorts require nudity in pool, sauna, and hot tub.

This post was edited

I have not been to many different resorts. There is the one I most frequently visit in Missouri, the Forty Acre Club. It is nude mandatory at the pool and clothing optional everywhere else. Most often I see naked people everywhere until it gets chilly at night. I have visited Florida twice now. First was to Cypress Cove then a couple years later to (I believe it was) Suwannee Valley Resort. Both times I was there in January. January is a little cold for most Floridians it seems. Both times I found myself at times the only naked guy amongst a group of clothed people. What I came to realize is that as long as I know I am accepted being naked and no one can be offended, I dont care. I was just as comfortable naked amongst those clothed people as I am amongst a group that is entirely naked.

This post was edited

AndyDi, I Agree with you 100 percent! Those have been my exact thoughts and experiences for decades. I Remember once, me and my ex wife went to a Naturist Society Gathering in Tennessee. It was a hot and humid PERFECT summer evening but roughly half the "nudists" had some kind of cover-up on. The kicker was that like 75 percent of the TNS employees were wearing wraps, sarongs and extra long shirts. They were there to promote Body Acceptance and Body Positivity but looked more like they were there as part of some fashion show or to sell merchandise to people that should never wear stuff like that in a Nudist setting in the first place. My ex said let's get out of here, I don't want to be naked around all these clothed people. We wound up sticking around but it was very uncomfortable.

This post was edited

Clothing not allowed.

This post was edited

AndyDi, you make s good point! I've only visited 6 resorts but Caliente was the one that suprised me the most when we attended the dances at night. My wife and I were definitely double minorities in the room LOL. We were 2 of only 4 Black people and part of only a few nude people in attendance with a packed house. I know they may have different philosophies from other resorts.

This post was edited

My wife was not all that gung-ho to venture into social nudism. We'd been home, backyard and secluded area nudists for almost 20 years before she agreed to visit our clothing optional beach. Though clothing optional, 95% + of the people were nude, another small percent of the women were topless and the covered/clothed (bathing suits) were few and far between and stuck out like a sore thumb.

On our first visit, my wife walked with me to our spot wearing a t shirt , shorts and flip flops. As soon as we had cross the delineation line, I was naked. We set up our chairs she sat in her chair with her t shirt and shorts on. THAT lasted about 10 mins. She abruptly stood up and said, "this is stupid. I'm the only one dressed and I feel so out of place." She took off the t shirt and shorts and was naked. She sat the rest of the day until we left. The second visit, she decided to strip at the delineation line and walk naked to our spot. This time, she wanted to go for a walk. As we walked back to our spot, she detoured past all the others all congregated in the most popular area. She then felt like one of them and from then on, she was comfortable being naked amongst all those 100's of other naked people.

My wife took a little time to adjust to every new nudist environment. After the beach, we visited a resort, then our club and each time, she took a little time to adjust to the new nudist venue but did so quickly because of the previous experiences.

Point of this is, it was an adjustment for my wife, who is a self-proclaimed nudist from our wedding day almost 50 years ago. I would think that it would take a bit more of an adjustment period for a reluctant or hesitant partner to warm to nudism with lots of nudist you don't know. I've said this many, many times before. Nudism starts at home. Once the reluctant/hesitant partner is comfortable with nudism, at home, then you venture to clothing optional venues. IF they are not comfortable in that environment, then you need to retreat and start again. It's just our opinion but clothing optional clubs and resorts were meant to be a place to adjust to nudism, not bring your textile lifestyle into the nudist lifestyle. Nudists already know how and when to wear clothes. It's time for the textiles to learn when and where to be naked at a nude venue. If they can't or won't, then please don't ruin another nudist venue for the rest of us.

This post was edited

My preference is nude whenever possible but am understanding of someone new to the lifestyle, if it is cold, and if someone has a bad sunburn. I dont even notice being nude anymore when nudity is required. It was only when I crossed paths with the UPS man who was fully clothed that I felt a little awkward. At a resort in Arizona, there were a couple guys at the pool drinking beer, fully clothed, with dark sunglasses on. The feeling was they were just perving on naked people. It was not right at all! So a rule that requires nudity at the pool is needed. Otherwise, we just have to be reasonable.

This post was edited

Honestly, it doesn't matter so long as I can get naked in some place where it is accepted.

This post was edited

I agree with nudity.

My wife is Nude Tolerant. We frequent C/O hot springs. She like to see if there are other women her age and size before she will go completely nude there. She will go topless all the time but if they are younger Hard Bodies, she will not go nude.

When she accompanies me to my club, she will wear a sarong unless she is in the hot tub where nudity is required.

She doesnt mind being nude around people she thinks she will never see again but is worried that someone we know will see is.

I prefer nude required but like clothing optional so long as I can be nude and no one cares.

This post was edited

The number of places to enjoy social nudity are decreasing every day it seems at least in US why exclude people who aren't fully there yet.

I'm curious from where this idea originates. Is this statement based on some statistics or an assumption through what little press nudism receives? Albeit true that Desantis may be coming for the nudists soon, Florida has so many places for nudism it makes one's head spin with all the flesh showing! I read about another US city legalizing toplessness for woman in parks, and a new nude beach becoming legal a couple of years ago...what is this comment based upon? If there is a source that can be cited I'd enjoy knowing what it is.

As to the bigger question in this thread, we nudists are generally a very accepting, non-judgemental group as a rule, mostly due to being constantly judged and ridiculed by the world of cloth - pointed at with disdain by those who don't understand, will never understand, or refuse to look inwardly to confront their own prejudices concerning nudism and naturism. Our acceptance of the partially- or fully-clothed among the bare works just fine in many places. At the same time, I don't feel as though nudists need to hold back about our strong opinions concerning our desire to have the preference of equality that comes with a requirement for all involved to be fully nude. If a person needs time to acclimate, take it slow and take your curiosity to a CO spot. While some are going to stay dressed the whole time they are around naked people, that point will at times bring up the question of motivation for the visit. Pressing a non-nudist forward to disrobing with a lack of compassion will likely backfire on the pushy partner.

There are a million reasons why someone has a problem with social nudity, and many of them are absolutely valid. Don't get married to someone before you know and accept their tastes and preferences. I am partnered with a woman who hates bananas - that's no deal breaker for our relationship to work. If she didn't want to be naked all the time, we wouldn't be together. Nudists married to non-nudists make me sad for them both, but love is worth fighting for and worth giving up some of the things we hold close to heart.

This post was edited