RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

I prefer the clothing optional locations. My wife has accompanied me to almost every venue I have visited. Though not a nudist per se, she is nude in the motorhome, occasionally under the motorhome awning & at the pool. Otherwise, she wears a rather thin beach style coverup. I dont know that she will ever walk around the resort nude, but that doesnt matter to me. She is with me, supportive and is nude as she is comfortable. Thats all I could ever want or ask. I think Im a lucky guy.

This post was edited

I prefer "clothing not allowed", but only if the weather is good enough.

This post was edited

Has to be clothing optional, although I would always be naked, but clothing not allowed does not help our cause as naturists to be free to do what we want,
If we start laying down rules like no clothing allowed, we can not then complain about the textile world saying no nudity allowed, it just further segregates us and it would be hypocritical,
We have to strive for clothing optional in as many places, areas as possible, no one is being forced either way, everyone is free to do what they want..

This post was edited

I prefer optional. I prefer that people can make choices of their free will .I will choose naked of course, the next may not but will be there aware.
My late wife was no nudist but enjoyed an clothing optional beach day and my, and others. nakedness.

This post was edited

I prefer optional. I prefer that people can make choices of their free will .I will choose naked of course, the next may not but will be there aware.My late wife was no nudist but enjoyed an clothing optional beach day and my, and others. nakedness.

Excellent point I have often wondered why people who bemoan the fact that they arent allowed to pursue the freedom to choose to go without clothing would choose to take a choice to not be clothes free away from others. But at it seems we are in a world of extremes I chalk it up to each his own.

This post was edited

Really I think the rule should be reversed, I think all beaches should be nude beaches. Then someone can start a clothed optional beach.

This post was edited

Really I think the rule should be reversed, I think all beaches should be nude beaches. Then someone can start a clothed optional beach.

No I think you are missing the point, clothing optional is not a rule one way or the other, it leaves everyone free to do what they want and that's what we need to strive for
I'm not a big fan of rules, so any, "rule" that effectively says do what you want is a good rule...

This post was edited

I know some opinions are that if it's a nude beach everyone should be nude, but personally, as long as I can be naked, not really bothered what everyone else is doing,

This post was edited

I agree that clothing optional should be the case for a lot more beaches and parks than exist today, but they can't be in so great a proportion as to keep those who are not comfortable seeing naked people or be nude themselves. What has happened in some places also should not take place again. Locations that have traditionally been places where nude is the norm get used by more and more people who do not use the nude option. Then over time they take over and before you know it, nudity has been banned.

This post was edited

I DID catch your point, wombat - 'clothed-optional' as opposed to 'clothing-optional'. Just a few different letters makes every difference in the discussion. So many folks in True Nudists (and just about anywhere where language is written) do not, cannot or refuse to notice the subtleties of thought that must be taken into account if a point is going to get through, or in this instance, a bit of humor is introduced to the subject.

A more openly-nude society is a lovely idea to me as well, though it will never happen. Rules have their place depending on the place in question. If one day every beach in the world were to begin requiring nudity, then it would be very easy to witness the hang-ups and sexualization which would follow when clothing is worn by the then rule-breakers.

I understand that many European beaches are generally much more chill about allowing women to go topless and a general air of acceptance for what anyone wears, so hope does exist for those of us who know how ridiculous it is to constantly fret about everyone else's attire.

This post was edited