RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

I rather go clothing optional because my wife can join me she's a non nudists in public lol

Even though I'm a pro-naked nudist, I also believe in doing "whatever works best for you."

As previously mentioned, I go to a "nude-obligatory" resort; but I can understand that the prospect of having to stay naked the entire time can be a bit much to "digest" for many women. Hence the prevalence of C/O resorts. I actually think (pessimistically) that "nude-mandatory" might eventually get phased out down the road.

It's actually by chance that we ended up at an "NM" resort. We were looking for a place closer to home (than Sunny Rest or TLR) and it had a lake (which my wife was looking for). It was only later that we found out it was "nude all the time." My wife was very much "pro-C/O" at the time, so this was a stretch for her. But she was a trooper and decided to give it a shot. After hiking, paddle-boarding and just hanging out naked the entire day; she realized that it made for a more gratifying and fun experience. She's now 100% on board with full nudity.

But...that works for us. There are many wives who are just not going to be comfortable remaining naked "no matter what, where, and around whom." But one thing to keep in mind is that my wife initially didn't think she would either. So my appreciation for "nude-obligatory" resorts comes in great part from the fact that it changed my wife's entire perspective on clothesfree recreation.

This post was edited

My preference is clothing optional because that allow more people to engage and experience the way of life that is naturism. Philosophically I can see requiring others to undress when we fight for the freedom to not be required to be clothed. Seems inconsistent.

I dont have a problem being is a group naked if others are clothed as long as the environment is safe for ALL. People have different life experiences that shape the way they engage in this way of life. My respect for those diverse life experiences precludes me from imposing my preferences on others.

My preference for being and enjoyment of being clothes free is not predicated on anyone else state of dress. Its all about my preference and my enjoyment. In the same way the times when I choose to get dressed up is not predicated on what anyone who is nude is doing. Personal choice and the freedom to experience the freedom of clothes free living is what motivates my preference.

This post was edited

So at White Tail you are expected to be nude under most circumstances?

That is correct. The decision to be straight up nude, not clothing optional, was made by the board of directors (or whatever it's called) many moons ago. It was a very conscious, thoroughly debated decision by my understanding. Sometimes the bare rule is bent, and I've seen it plain broken a few times given special circumstances. We have some visitors (and even residents) who wear items of cloth where they ought not and I've seen office staff have to confront these non-adherents. That sounds a lot more in your face than I meant it to - confrontation is a strong word - it is quietly and respectfully requested without fanfare, not over the PA system. We're an easy-going sort, but except for a couple of special circumstances, um, no, that dental-floss thong ain't staying on in the pool. I've never been witness to it, but I've been told about someone with body jewelry connecting their nipple rings to their genital piercings being asked to remove the connecting chain. And for the record, at our adult-oriented Halloween dance, I'd guess even that jewelry might pass muster with the hilarious and inventive costumes you'll see. No kids allowed at only two events in the year at White Tail, the Halloween dance and Beachfest. We have special kid activities scheduled at those times.

There are always going to be some who want to push the limits of good taste, and attempt to wear inappropriate adornments, and of course engage in outrageous activities. As an example, we had a couple who brought their dog into the pool with them a few years ago, I mean COME ON! I personally witnessed that, and it took about 10 seconds before three staff members were sternly admonishing the owners. There is freedom, but there is also an assumption that we're not going to be dog paddling with an actual dog.

Weather and bug issues are always mitigating factors. What you wear at your campsite stays at your campsite. Any rental spot or room or deck space is yours to dress in, on or around however you like. And then off it comes as you venture forth.

This post was edited

At my nudist club nudity is required only around the pool and jacuzzi. The intent here is to prevent non-nudists who only want to ogle nude folks from joining the club. Curiously, the tennis program is very active as well as pickleball, but about half the players wear some clothes, some wear both t-shirt and shorts. I always play naked unless its too cool or the sun is dangerously strong. I dont understand my fellow players decision to use textiles.

Sports can offer challenges to the nudist that are not as apparent in the clothed world. Endowment issues are a serious factor, with women who have very large breasts or men who swing a big dingdong having to throttle those parts down, given the real issue of damage to the aforementioned parts or parts adjacent. It's an old joke about how a big breasted woman can't go for a jog because she'll give herself a black eye, but folks who still tell that joke haven't ever watched a 5K run at a nude resort! For pickleball and tennis, sometimes a jockstrap or a sports bra is absolutely needed, and try biking a few miles without some biking shorts on and you'll understand what chafing is - youchycoo! If someone's wearing shorts when they're playing cornhole or mini golf or petanque, I don't see a lot of sense to it. Darts with clothes on is plain foolish! But active sports sometimes need some inactive parts or someone's gonna put an eye out ~

This post was edited

we had a couple who brought their dog into the pool with them a few years ago, I mean COME ON! I personally witnessed that, and it took about 10 seconds before three staff members were sternly admonishing the owners. There is freedom, but there is also an assumption that we're not going to be dog paddling with an actual dog.
Nothing to do with nudity, but one of my brothers in law was quite offended when we wouldn't let his dog swim in our pool.

This post was edited

Although I have been to Gunnison many times, I have only been to a clothing optional resort twice (Sunny Rest), and they were day trips.
It is nude mandatory in all pools and hot tubs, but clothing optional elsewhere.
Most people are nude on the deck, and it varies elsewhere.
Both times I went, I stripped and locked all of my clothes except sandals in the car as soon as I got there and left them there until I was leaving.

This post was edited

We have some visitors (and even residents) who wear items of cloth where they ought not and I've seen office staff have to confront these non-adherents. That sounds a lot more in your face than I meant it to - confrontation is a strong word - it is quietly and respectfully requested without fanfare, not over the PA system.

That's fairly similar to LOTW; which is perhaps even more stringent. "It's that time of the month? Sorry...but you can't be in the populated areas if you're going to wear bottoms." So someone who has/wants to wear bottoms has to either remove them, or move to the campgrounds/far end of the resort. But then they'll allow bottomlessness; which may seem like a weird "loophole."

I recognize that "nude-obligatory" is not for everyone. It requires a commitment, and appreciation, of an homogenous /communal naked environment. Otherwise you're just going to feel "forced" to be naked. The regulars I've talked to are ultimately ok with the "rigidity" of "nude-obligatory"; because at the end of the day they find it a small "price to pay" to keep the resort from being C/O. My wife, for example, now considers going to a C/O resort as "going backwards", because she might not feel comfortable there being naked outside the pool area - when most other people aren't. At LOTW, she knows she can be naked anywhere; and anywhere she goes in the populated areas, other people will be naked too. For many women, this presents a significant advantage in terms of experiencing a "fully immersive" nudist experience. But not everyone is going to see/feel the appeal of it.

This post was edited

Optional for me. Clothes for me are a utility item. It can serve a purpose when needed (for example in my case, I get too cold too easily). Nudism to me is the understanding of clothes being more of a tool than a requirement to exist. Just like any other tool, its importance varies depending on the need.

True freedom is choice. Freedom of clothes isn't a ban of clothes, imo. Freedom of clothes is the freedom to choose how much value clothes have to you.

This post was edited

So anyone who goes to a bar, must drink alcohol !Yes, and everybody who visits Paris should climb the Eiffel tower.

I think this a perfect response e to the either/or modality it goes counter to everything we say we are fighting for when we impose your preferences on others so we feel good about our preferences. That is exactly what those who decry any form or social or public nudity do. There is no evidence that adopting the way of functioning that those who dont like our way of life do brings more people into nudism/naturism.

Its just like the quote above suggest just because I want to visit the Eiffel Tower when in Paris doesnt mean I should expect everyone who visits Paris to do the same. As long as they are able to enjoy Paris the way they want without harming or hindering my way of enjoying Paris everything should be good.

This post was edited

For a great podcast on this topic, listen to this Naturist Living podcast.

https://www.naturistlivingshow.com/2009/06/why-clothing-optional-does-not-work.html

Yes that is a good podcast. I personally do not like clothing optional resorts. Clothing optional does not follow the idea of naturism. Imagine Adolf Koch in his gymnastics schools. Imagine he allowed to be clothing optional during his gymnastics. Does not work. The whole psycho sociological effect is gone. I visit also clothing optional resorts. I am always naked. (It must be under 19 degrees C, that I am not) I have a towel with me to cover if necessary. People smile and follow me and take their clothes off.

This post was edited