Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

When visiting a Nudist Resort, I would prefer that all participants agree to Not Wear Clothing at all.

It really seems to put everyone on the same playing field if everyone is naked. It can seem a little awkward when some are dressed and some are not. If there are a lot of people dressed, than that is when I notice that I am not dressed.

It seems that there are themes for a lot of the dances and parties at nudist resorts. People attend the parties and dress according to the "theme". I wish sometime the theme was just a"Birthday-Suit" theme.

I understand the weather sometimes prohibits people from being completely undressed ... but when the situation allows, I think everyone should be naked at a nudist resort. Most resorts seem to be clothing optional, I wish most places would have a rule that nudity is required.

Does anyone else prefer Clubs & Resorts that require participants agree to Not Wear Clothing in General???

What are your favorite Clubs that expect you to be Naked at all times ??

This topic was edited
RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

I totally agree. And I guess all member of this site will agree. Some decades ago I remember at FKK camping sites the rule to be naked over a certain temperature was enforced.
Times have changed.

And I see in Europe more and more textile people on official naturist beaches. I guess this means we can go to their beaches as well in our way. Although I am still too chicken to really do that...

This post was edited

So anyone who goes to a bar, must drink alcohol !

This post was edited

So anyone who goes to a bar, must drink alcohol !

Yes, and everybody who visits Paris should climb the Eiffel tower.

This post was edited

Well, there isn't much point going to a nudist place if you're not going to partake. Most places have an optional sign up with poolside being mandatory nude. I don't really have a problem with clothed people present - though it could be intimidating for newbies like me if people are clothed.

This post was edited

This topic has been discussed before. If you would like to have new people join in then it is crazy to require everyone be nude. I have known a number people especially women that were very nervous about going nude and went to be with their significant other or friends and check it out. After a while they became comfortable and lost the clothing but requiring them to lose it right from the start would have made them just not go at all. Additionally some people are comfortable at various temperatures while others find it chilly (my wife being one). Why should those that find it chilly be required to be uncomfortable while enjoying time with their spouse who does not?

This post was edited

There are merits to both sides of this discussion. I would prefer it to be nude only however before my wife and I got married I took her to a CO club. It didn't take her long to disrobe because she started feeling out of place as most everyone else was nude. She is not in to the lifestyle as much as I am but she did get the opportunity to choose. She will go with me to clubs but I believe that if she was forced to disrobe at the very beginning she would not be as open to the idea as she is now.

This post was edited

For a great podcast on this topic, listen to this Naturist Living podcast.

This post was edited

We prefer "nude" clubs and resorts but often visit clothing optional clubs. Due to proximity, that's what we have closest to us and there is only one resort nearby that has a mandatory nude policy but it's only around the pool deck. Most clubs and resorts have gone to the clothing optional policy because they want new people to come and try it and as many of you know, being naked for the first time around others is quite intimidating and not easy to do.

We visit many clothing optional clubs and resorts but the vast majority of those visiting are nude and that's what we prefer. The only issue I have with nude mandatory resorts and clubs is that I don't want them telling me I have to be naked if I'm cold or had enough sun. My wife is careful in the sun and though enjoys being nude, is usually under an umbrella most of the day and then slips on a SPF shirt when she's cold. I don't want some nudist Nazi giving her grief for being covered because she's had enough sun or is cold.

This post was edited

I don't mind clothing optional as long as the majority of people participate, and those who don't are not just there to get their jollies.

I think when you sign up for "clothing optional" you have to accept the different levels of textilism you might encounter. At some C/O resorts that might mean that people outside the pool area are not nude, the kids don't go nude, staff is not nude, women wear sarongs most of the time, etc...
Although there also are some C/O resorts where most people choose to be nude anyway.

My only point is to not set yourself up for disappointment if you go to a C/O resort and find yourself one of the only truly nude people there.

At BA I was able to undress in the parking lot, walk nude to the office and have a chat (the desk lady wore a sarong for newcomers and merchants but took it off if we chatted a while), and then stroll over to the pool area knowing that almost everyone there would be nude as well. For me it was all part of the "complete" nudist experience and that's specifically why I chose the nude resort.

This post was edited

Although there also are some C/O resorts where most people choose to be nude anyway.

I think you've got it. It sounds like some have had experiences where C/O means there are a good number of people that are clothed, while my experience at Laguna Del Sol and a few other places is that while it is C/O, except around the pool, by far the majority (over 99%) are nude anyway. The remainder are people seeking protection from the cold, sun, tools, a BBQ or whatever or they are new and are not ready but do generally join in pretty quickly.

This post was edited