RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

I would have to say clothing optional my wife has started to go to clubs with me and she stays dressed a( bathing suite cover up ) but she likes to swim and almost went in last time till a bunch of people showed

This post was edited

My wife and I stay at a clothing optional nudist camp full time, and we have some that are always nude (like me) some that are nude sometimes, and some that I have never seen nude, I guess the good thing is that I am not a nudist for anyone but myself, sure it's nice to share the experience with others, however I don't need anyone else to be nude with me for me to be comfortable,

Well said. I couldn't have expressed it any better.

David

This post was edited

C/O is important if not mandatory if I will ever get my wife to join me. If she thought nude was required, she would not even consider it the first time.

This post was edited

C/O is important if not mandatory if I will ever get my wife to join me. If she thought nude was required, she would not even consider it the first time.

Just curious.

People have mentioned the necessity for C/O for first-time visits. Well I not only agree, but I feel as well that all resorts should consider the "reluctant/anxious spouse" and make coverage an option for first time visitors. Even if it is limited to a sarong or a large towel.
Both my ex and my fiance started out reluctant; and it was due to the "C/O" option that they tried nudism in the first place. So it would by hypocritical of me to not support a C/O first visit.

This is just a question. At the C/O resort, there is no line drawn because someone can just choose to stay C/O. But what about the nude resort? Second visit, third visit? Where should the line be drawn to you?

This post was edited

I think if the "reluctant" partner returns for a 3rd visit, that should tell you that they are interested enough to return that many times and they then should be willing to follow protocol.
Of course, this is at a "nude mandatory" resort, if there was an adjustment period.

Many of us nudists enjoy nudism for many reasons but one of them is that being naked with others "levels the playing field, " so to speak. We've left our pretentiousness at the gate or car with our clothes and hopefully have decided to participate the same as everyone else. Having those that visit clothing optional venues and never get undressed but like seeing everyone else naked, begins to make some feel as though they are on display. For now, we are only talking about women who feel uncomfortable and uneasy about taking their clothes off but put the pants and shirt on the males and have males visiting clothing optional resorts and staying dressed but mingling and wanting to be around all the naked people. I'd like to know how many of you male nudists with a participating spouse or significant other think your partner would respond to that situation.

I've said this before and it's just doesn't make sense for any guy with an ounce of common sense to think that; if your wife is not willing be naked at home and in your private backyard or anywhere else outside, for that matter ... she's not going to suddenly be willing and excited to be naked with lots of other naked strangers.

Nudism starts at home. If your wife/partner/significant other isn't comfortable with nudity at home and you suggest or push toward visiting a nude or clothing optional resort ... you deserve the response you get!

This post was edited

Cant necessarily agree Andy. My wife has never been a home nudist. Still isnt but is comfortable at the nude beaches and resorts. In fact she was the leader in both cases for us to go. Yes, she knew that I was the nudist and she did it to appease me but she took the first step and is nude where comfortable. She does have her own set of rules about it for herself which is strange though.

This post was edited

Cant necessarily agree Andy. My wife has never been a home nudist. Still isnt but is comfortable at the nude beaches and resorts. In fact she was the leader in both cases for us to go. Yes, she knew that I was the nudist and she did it to appease me but she took the first step and is nude where comfortable. She does have her own set of rules about it for herself which is strange though.

Well then, consider yourself amongst the lucky ones ... you and your wife are an exception to the rule or norm! ;-)

This post was edited

We have visited several clubs and resorts and all have been C/O. I've seen people wearing way to many clothes for my taste at all of them. I understand having a time period for newbies to get acclimated or the weather factor for wearing something. I personally think I'd prefer some type of no clothing rule. At our home club there are a few long time members that rarely aren't wearing full wardrobe the entire season. I kind of do a head scratch about that.

This post was edited

We have visited several clubs and resorts and all have been C/O. I've seen people wearing way to many clothes for my taste at all of them. I understand having a time period for newbies to get acclimated or the weather factor for wearing something. I personally think I'd prefer some type of no clothing rule. At our home club there are a few long time members that rarely aren't wearing full wardrobe the entire season. I kind of do a head scratch about that.

We've seen the same at our club. I wonder what the heck they are doing living in a nudist resort/club and never take their clothes off outside! One of the things that tends to bug me is when the naked police come around and tell guests/visitors that they must be naked but their friends or residents are standing next to them, completely dressed. Some lame excuse about them just getting back from outside the gates or about to leave but then you see these people hours later and they are still dressed and still wondering around all the naked people. . Rules for some and not for others. Always bugged me. I think because so many members have complained about some of these residents never being naked, the naked police have stopped enforcing their own rules.

This post was edited

I always prefer to be naked and like those around me to be naked too. But I think Club rules should be flexible so support Clothes Optional. There are nudists who are cold or have partners accompanying them who are not confident enough to get naked. I think it helps introduce someone to nudity if they can be amongst nudes but allowed to get naked in their own time. It gives time for them to become comfortable with the notion. Otherwise we just shut them out - no new nudists!

What perplexes me is the clubs and resorts which require clothing to be worn in the evening, and in restaurants/bars. They are nudist environments. Everyone (well almost everyone) has been naked during the day. They have seen each other naked all day. So what is there to be coy about? Having said that I'm happy to be the only nude at times - each to their own.

This post was edited