RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

love is worth fighting for and worth giving up some of the things we hold close to heart.
I got married long before I was interested in social nudism. My wife doesn't follow my interest in this. There are way too many good things about our marriage to let this difference create major problems.

This post was edited

Years ago I visited Lk. Como and it was optional. I visited as a single male and I was most comfortable at the pool where it was mandatory nude. I did find other areas where he seemed nude all the time. the tennis courts and volleyball. The only place I have visited recently within the last year was Camp David. It is mandatory nude there and I liked that rule much better. No questions as when and where to be dressed. Seemed much more comfortable.

This post was edited

On a side note I've come across the letter that was sent to LC members and residents:

Dear Residents and Resort Members:

At its regular meeting last Wednesday evening, The Lake Como Co-op Board of Directors passed the following motion: "The Board authorizes management to post all buildings, amenities, and events as nudity required. Conditions/weather permitting."

It is the intent of the Board to make Lake Como a nudist resort and community in fact, and not just in name. Lake Como is a place for nudists, not a place for people who want to look at nudists. Over the next month, the signage will be put in place and the Board will discuss how to implement this change. A motion will be brought forward at the Board's May 24th meeting to set the terms for enforcement of our nudity policy. All residents and members who wish to have input should attend and make their wishes known. If you wish to put your concerns in writing, please address them to our General Manager

Many of our residents and resort members are greatly concerned about the number of people at Lake Como that do not practice social nudism. Our residents and members are at Lake Como to live and practice the nudist lifestyle and want to be with other people who practice nudism. The Board intends to make that happen!

Art Green, President LCCI

It does look like there just too many "textile'd" people at LC.

This post was edited

On a side note I've come across the letter that was sent to LC members and residents:Dear Residents and Resort Members:At its regular meeting last Wednesday evening, The Lake Como Co-op Board of Directors passed the following motion: "The Board authorizes management to post all buildings, amenities, and events as nudity required. Conditions/weather permitting."It is the intent of the Board to make Lake Como a nudist resort and community in fact, and not just in name. Lake Como is a place for nudists, not a place for people who want to look at nudists. Over the next month, the signage will be put in place and the Board will discuss how to implement this change. A motion will be brought forward at the Board's May 24th meeting to set the terms for enforcement of our nudity policy. All residents and members who wish to have input should attend and make their wishes known. If you wish to put your concerns in writing, please address them to our General ManagerMany of our residents and resort members are greatly concerned about the number of people at Lake Como that do not practice social nudism. Our residents and members are at Lake Como to live and practice the nudist lifestyle and want to be with other people who practice nudism. The Board intends to make that happen!Art Green, President LCCIIt does look like there just too many "textile'd" people at LC.

Good for Como. It has become one of our favorite Florida resorts (along with Cypress Cove) and although I dont remember seeing large groups of textiles there when we have visited, we havent visited during their big events like the volleyball tournament. The biggest event we have attended is their 5K and that definitely attracted some textiles. We are going through something similar at Solair. I always thought we were a C/O camp, but new signs remind people going into the pool area and the beach, as well as the buildings in those areas that they are nude use only. We will see how they are enforced now that the weather is warming up.

This post was edited

BTW. The changes at Lake Como is the result of a good deal of consultation with representatives from Solair. The looked to us for guidance in establishing their nudist not Clothing Optional policy over the last few months....

This post was edited

Well, nude beaches should have all people full nude or at least bottom nude.In Florida (Halouver beach), for example, there are clothes beach, clothing optional beach and nude beach. But at the nude beach, you ll find people wearing swim trunks or speedos. It should be completely nude or nude from the wait down. Otherwise, go to the clothing optional beach next to it.Never heard that Haulover had a nudity required section. Where is it?

Its not a nudity required but on digital maps, it does show the names of the beaches. There is clothing optional beach and nude beach at haulover Beach

This post was edited

At my nudist club nudity is required only around the pool and jacuzzi. The intent here is to prevent non-nudists who only want to ogle nude folks from joining the club. Curiously, the tennis program is very active as well as pickleball, but about half the players wear some clothes, some wear both t-shirt and shorts. I always play naked unless its too cool or the sun is dangerously strong. I dont understand my fellow players decision to use textiles.

This post was edited

At my nudist club nudity is required only around the pool and jacuzzi. The intent here is to prevent non-nudists who only want to ogle nude folks from joining the club. Curiously, the tennis program is very active as well as pickleball, but about half the players wear some clothes, some wear both t-shirt and shorts. I always play naked unless its too cool or the sun is dangerously strong. I dont understand my fellow players decision to use textiles.

I went to Club Fort Lauderdale when I was in the area on vacation last winter. Once you get past the check in area, everywhere is clothing optional.
While most men are nude in the pool and hot tub and on the sun deck, very few are in the gym.
Working out nude is so much more comfortable than clothed.
I can't understand why most men there don't take advantage of the opportunity to do so.

This post was edited

I went to Club Fort Lauderdale when I was in the area on vacation last winter. Once you get past the check in area, everywhere is clothing optional.While most men are nude in the pool and hot tub and on the sun deck, very few are in the gym.Working out nude is so much more comfortable than clothed.I can't understand why most men there don't take advantage of the opportunity to do so.

Youve asked this before, I said it was basic hygiene and that people wouldnt like using a machine if some nude old guy was on it previously.

I get that thats not the answer youd like so next time you are there ask the others why they dont work out nude.

This post was edited

I went to Club Fort Lauderdale when I was in the area on vacation last winter. Once you get past the check in area, everywhere is clothing optional.While most men are nude in the pool and hot tub and on the sun deck, very few are in the gym.Working out nude is so much more comfortable than clothed.I can't understand why most men there don't take advantage of the opportunity to do so.Youve asked this before, I said it was basic hygiene and that people wouldnt like using a machine if some nude old guy was on it previously.I get that thats not the answer youd like so next time you are there ask the others why they dont work out nude.

Good reason, but sitting on a towel should solve the problem.

This post was edited