RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

I dont mind CO so long as people dont mind that I choose to be nude.

I'm the same. I like the idea of setting a positive example for someone who might not be quite ready yet.

This post was edited

Most of the places the wife and I have been are CO, she likes having the option and her choice is usually based on wether or not most of the other women are nude and that there are other older/bigger women as well.

I don't know if it's the same situation; but a couple of weeks ago I had a discussion online with a gentleman on that topic. He was bemoaning the fact that his wife used to stay nude at their resort; but due to a "proliferation of sarong-clad women" at his resort over time, his wife no longer feels comfortable "walking around naked." So she also now spends a lot of time "sarong-clad" herself. It's the thing about "not wanting to be the only woman walking around naked."

Stephane Deschenes's essay: "The Sarong: Destroyer of Naturist Worlds!" is often quoted. And I also quote:
"When I discussed the topic in more depth, some admitted that they felt uncomfortable being nude while so many other women were covered up. We now see the reintroduction of clothing as a tool of embarrassment. That is consistent with the textile world, where the sarong is commonly worn for modesty to cover up a bathing suit."
and
"Marc-Alain Descamps, the French social psychologist who wrote many treatises on naturism, said that the reciprocal visual bestowal of complete nudity defuses the exhibitionist/voyeur relationship.1, In other words, a nude person in front of dressed people may feel somewhat exhibitionistic and perceive them as voyeuristic. That creates an imbalance that results in emotional discomfort."

But...I think that's a question women need to ask for themselves. If they're inclined to preferring nudity - but find it too "uncomfortable" due to a large presence of covered people - perhaps it is time to consider switching resorts or venues. But if they would choose to wear a sarong regardless of what everyone else is doing; then the C/O resort will work just fine.

This post was edited

The argument now seems to be: Is it appropriate to be clothed in a naked environment if it makes the naked people uncomfortable to be around you?

If that's the case, I would think that it's on them to convey the fact that it's fine with them if you're naked, and to relieve that discomfort you may have. If they can do that, I'm OK with them being clothed around me. That's true whether I'm the only naked person and they're all clothed, or most of us are naked and they're not.

I know that many of us are looking for places where total nudity is the norm, and that having folks with clothes on waters that down. If they can find venues like that, fine, and I would enjoy being at those places. But I'll take what I can get, and if the only venues around are C/O, that's also fine with me.

This post was edited

Yes I will always happily strip right away but I know that not everyone is that comfortable

Did you feel that way when you first went to clothing optional locations?

This post was edited

Every resort I have visited is clothing not allowed.

This post was edited

Thanks where do you go so I can not go there.

This post was edited

I think many of us by now are aware of Lake Como's decision to no longer be C/O (which is a way of avoiding saying they are now Nude-Mandatory).

https://new.lakecomonaturally.com/about/faq/

"Lake Como is not a clothing-optional resort, but a traditional nudist resort where nudity is required in the pool and hot tub, and expected everywhere on the grounds, weather permitting. We are a clothes-free resort because we allow nudity throughout the grounds at all times."

Some will applaud that decision while others will bemoan it. I'm thinking specifically of LC regular visitors and members with "accompanying but nudity-avoidant" SO's. I can imagine some responses from these SO's along the lines of: "Wait...WHAT?! Are you telling me I now have to stay completely naked the entire time I'm at LC? Well sorry; but no. I'm never going back!" I'm not going to minimize the blow this could represent to the nudist spouse who has chosen LC as their primary nudist venue. As far as newbies...well, a well-informed newbie would know what the expectation is from researching LC; and decide whether they are ready to be naked from check-in, or need to acclimate at a C/O resort.

The argument now seems to be: Is it appropriate to be clothed in a naked environment if it makes the naked people uncomfortable to be around you?

To that point:
There is probably a very good reason why LC decided on such a drastic change in policy - at the risk of losing visitors and revenue. One of the possible and plausibe - reasons being a "textilization issue" within the resort.

I think most of us aren't opposed to the C/O philosophy. But. When the naked person outside the pool area ends up being the only uncovered person around and thus the odd one I think the resort has lost sight of its nudist purpose: creating an environment conducive to people being comfortable naked.

The next time I'm in Florida, I will choose Lake Como as a nudist destination. I know my wife would be more comfortable getting around the resort naked if nudity is practiced everywhere on the premises. But that's just us...or is it?

This post was edited

I think many of us by now are aware of Lake Como's decision to no longer be C/O (which is a way of avoiding saying they are now Nude-Mandatory).https://new.lakecomonaturally.com/about/faq/"Lake Como is not a clothing-optional resort, but a traditional nudist resort where nudity is required in the pool and hot tub, and expected everywhere on the grounds, weather permitting. We are a clothes-free resort because we allow nudity throughout the grounds at all times."Some will applaud that decision while others will bemoan it. I'm thinking specifically of LC regular visitors and members with "accompanying but nudity-avoidant" SO's. I can imagine some responses from these SO's along the lines of: "Wait...WHAT?! Are you telling me I now have to stay completely naked the entire time I'm at LC? Well sorry; but no. I'm never going back!" I'm not going to minimize the blow this could represent to the nudist spouse who has chosen LC as their primary nudist venue. As far as newbies...well, a well-informed newbie would know what the expectation is from researching LC; and decide whether they are ready to be naked from check-in, or need to acclimate at a C/O resort.The argument now seems to be: Is it appropriate to be clothed in a naked environment if it makes the naked people uncomfortable to be around you?To that point:There is probably a very good reason why LC decided on such a drastic change in policy - at the risk of losing visitors and revenue. One of the possible and plausibe - reasons being a "textilization issue" within the resort.I think most of us aren't opposed to the C/O philosophy. But. When the naked person outside the pool area ends up being the only uncovered person around and thus the odd one I think the resort has lost sight of its nudist purpose: creating an environment conducive to people being comfortable naked.The next time I'm in Florida, I will choose Lake Como as a nudist destination. I know my wife would be more comfortable getting around the resort naked if nudity is practiced everywhere on the premises. But that's just us...or is it?

I have read that at many clothing optional resorts, many people were clothed for dinner and to a lesser extent breakfast in the restaurant.
Was that the situation at Lake Como in the past?
If so, how are people adjusting to being nude in the restaurant?

This post was edited

Prefer clothign optional verses clothign not allowed. Wife is a textile (non-nudist). SHe does come to clothign optional events with me. Unfortunately our nearest nudist campground is couples only and mandated nude in water of pond and jacuzzi. There is no impact of clothign on chemicals in hot tubs and jacuzzis as many nudist locations claim. And there is no impact of clothing in the ponds. The mandating of being nude is to drive off gawkers i understand but it should be optional and not mandated for mixed couples to enjoy together.

This post was edited

I personally enjoy being nude and respect those who may not be comfortable enough yet to be nude. So I say optional

This post was edited