RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

I subscribe to the perspective of the great naturist writer, film maker and philosopher Marc Alain Descamps who said this.

Naturism should never be imposed on those who do not want it. Many people are very ashamed of their body, their sex and are traumatized by the sight of the human body, so they can never get naked. And it is necessary to respect their state, as in the various phobias. Many people cant stand the sight of mice, spiders or snakes and you shouldnt force them.

We only create more isolated and smaller naturist enclaves IMO when we require only those who are comfortable being clothes free all the time to be in the community.

This post was edited

Marc Alain Descamps said also that you diffuse the exhibitionist-voyeurist relationship if all are naked. You should also take this into account.
You can always give people the possibility to adapt to a nude society in a quite place. But at most places all have to be naked.

This post was edited

I have tried to find more of his writing on the subject because I have only heard Stephane from Naturist Living Show refer to that in a treatise he wrote about the decline of clothing free in European naturism during one of his campaign to be INF president. But I couldnt find more than that in his writings and I have read a lot of the English version of his writings. Does he say that in le vivre nu?

I am just asking because we both may be right but if he just mentions that in one instance but mentioned the stuff I quoted in multiple places it would be unwise to overemphasize.

I just dont see how to square respect for others and their lived experiences if we take that point of view.

This post was edited

He said this in an interview in the living naked movie of Robert Salis. I'm searching also for the written text. Its a shame that Descamps did not write down all of his ideas in papers. Will follow up on this one.

This post was edited

Its a shame that Descamps did not write down all of his ideas in papers. Will follow up on this one.

Interesting I have never heard where it come from before, and I havent found a version of the movie with subtitles

Actually there a great web site collection of his writing and thought. That is where I source all my material on his because I dont read French and cant find an English translation of le vivre nu
https://www.europsy.org/marc-alain/

Its in French but I use a translation program to get the most out of it.

This post was edited

I prefer clothing optional mostly because my wife is more comfortable when she can choose. Some times she will just go topless. If it is a nudity required, she would not accompany me as much.

My club is a nudist resort but is only nudity required around the pool. Other place they just say nudity is expected. My wife will wear a sarong unless we are in the pool or hot tub.

This post was edited

I prefer clothing optional mostly because my wife is more comfortable when she can choose. Some times she will just go topless. If it is a nudity required, she would not accompany me as much.My club is a nudist resort but is only nudity required around the pool. Other place they just say nudity is expected. My wife will wear a sarong unless we are in the pool or hot tub.

That makes sense and is more inclusive IMHO. Doesnt seem to me like it harms anyone to have her wear a sarong but that seems to be the conventional wisdom among the clothes free all the time folks

This post was edited

After reading all the responses, I think I've come to support the mix whereby many areas are CO while maintaining some mandatory parts such as a pool and deck area. Enough room to accommodate timid spouses or newbies combined with the mandatory areas that shall encourage them to leave their security behind.

I'd still like to think only the weather would possibly force me to cover up whether optional or not. :-)

This post was edited

Is the staff nude?
Since you are in Virginia, am I correct that nudity required is seasonal?

This post was edited

Is the staff nude?Since you are in Virginia, am I correct that nudity required is seasonal?

Are you speaking to me? If so, the staff is nude at White Tail Resort if they want to be, anywhere except the restaurant kitchens, that having to do with food service regulations. There are four places at this resort where clothes are allowed to be worn besides at your rented space, in general; the office, the outdoor pavilion, the chapel, and the two food preparation and service areas. Patrons are allowed to be clothed if they want be in the seated restaurant, but wait and kitchen staff are required to wear clothes.

Nudity is required at all times, all year round, in the wet areas and other social areas unless someone is dealing with heat or weather issues. If you're cold you put something on; if it is raining you put on a rain coat; if it is sunny you put on a hat and shirt; if it is snowy you wear your boots and gloves. Bob keeps the indoor areas well heated during the cold parts of the year to encourage no clothing, but everyone is different. No one can feel what you feel. There is a realistic expectancy of nudeness with respect given to an individual's physical comfort, but not to their mental comfort. We are nude by consensus. If you don't want to be bare when the weather is fair, you're not in the right place.

This post was edited