RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

It is a matter of preference of choice, there are nudist resorts that expect that everyone to be naked while using their facilities, weather permitting. A clothing optional location gives everyone the choice to be naked without getting into trouble with others that may see you. It provides the freedom for those that are uncomfortable of being naked and gives them time enjoy the new experience and possible get naked too after becoming comfortable in seeing others that are having fun while being naked.

This post was edited

My point exactly, clothing optional is not a rule one way or the other, everyone is free to do what is comfortable for them, and has to be the way to go..

This post was edited

If nudity becomes a uniform the sense of freedom gets quashed.That sums it up perfectly.Yep that is so on point. And the argument that we are seeking freedom to live as we choose becomes moot.

I do have a question about "freedom."

Many moons ago, I was at a resort - for an extended stay - with my then-wife. The question of "freedom" came up. My wife was a habitual "lap-sitter" at home, whether nude or not. It was her preferred way of connecting physically, but non-sexually. And she was a bit "put off" by nudist etiquette" frowning upon us sharing a lounge chair, and "perceived intimate physical contact" of her sitting on my lap. "If nudism is about freedom, why can't I "act naturally" with my husband?" It was a legitimate question. My current wife would make a similar observation many moons later.

Is resort nudism truly about "freedom?" Or is the "freedom spoken of" merely about freedom from clothing? Is "true freedom" pursuable at a nudist resort?

Some will say: "That's why I go to the nude beach." Sure, that seems to be the "freer" alternative. But that comes with its own issues. My favorite nude beach, Mazo, was shut down because the "authorities" deemed it "too free."

I guess it's how one defines "freedom." For me, the "nude-obligatory" resort offers the freedom I'm looking for; since I'm looking for an interactive clothesfree environment with others. For someone looking for the freedom to wear "whatever", my resort probably wouldn't be a very freeing experience. They'd have to drive another couple of hours to TLR; which is "100% C/O." But even there, a woman in the pool area with a G-string (to quote a previous post) might feel out of place and get "weird looks"...so is "true freedom" really attainable?

This post was edited

Why would my enjoyment of being clothes free be based on anyone elses star of dress.Well...among many of the nudist women I've spoken too, the consensus seems to be that they're more comfortable going completely naked when they can "just blend in", i.e, everyone else is naked as well.

That has not been my experience the women I have shared naturist experience with. All including my current partner prefer the opposite that being the option to choose. Isnt that what the freedom we want is all about the freedom to choose whether we wear clothes or not. Thats why clothing optional seems more safe because they can choose what is right for them

On the other hand I find more men promote the clothes free requirement and complain when that isnt the rule. So at the end of the day everyones interest and intention is different so the option is best.To quote naturist philosopher author and filmmaker Marc Alain Descamps

Naturism should never be imposed on those who do not want it. Many people are very ashamed of their body, their sex and are traumatized by the sight of the human body, so they can never get naked. And it is necessary to respect their state, as in the various phobias. Many people cant stand the sight of mice, spiders or snakes and you shouldnt force them.

This post was edited

Many people are very ashamed of their body, their sex and are traumatized by the sight of the human body, so they can never get naked.

Although I wouldn't go so far as calling it traumatized, my wife is very uncomfortable seeing anyone nude other than me.
Therefore, she would never consider going to a clothing optional location, let alone a nudity required one.

This post was edited

Though it has become a lively exchange, getting lost in the back and forth in this thread is the underlying reality that clothing promotes hiding part of oneself, both physically and mentally. That hiding in turn may incite some who see the 'clothers' to be drawn toward thoughts of what is under that cloth, leading those who may be more susceptible to their base emotions toward desire and even lust. Additionally, in a totally nude environment (aware of weather, sun and bug concerns which should always supersede naked needs), those who are tempted to hide their more intimate areas are pushed to address their own personal body view, and that is at its core what social nudism hopes to enjoin. When everyone is naked in a safe public setting, that lack of a hiding place quite often helps everyone involved to begin to let go of their sometimes mal-adjusted, often unrealistic view of their outward selves, and dragging their inward selves (whether kicking and screaming or calmly) toward a much healthier existence.

So by permitting some to stay clothed when everyone else is not, it gives the mind of the clothed person a place in which to continue to hide themselves away from the world, even while bearing witness to the freedom and beautiful interaction between everyone else who is nude -- this in stark contrast to the unfortunate, internal, unhealthy fears they have convinced themselves of by not confronting the unknown, and their very wrong assumption that the mere sight of their unclothed body will bring forth rejection and revulsion from anyone who sees them. These understandable misgivings are no surprise coming from the world of textiles, and are at root, the absolute opposite of what is honestly one of the strongest arguments for social nudism.

This post was edited

Well, nude beaches should have all people full nude or at least bottom nude.
In Florida (Halouver beach), for example, there are clothes beach, clothing optional beach and nude beach. But at the nude beach, you ll find people wearing swim trunks or speedos. It should be completely nude or nude from the wait down. Otherwise, go to the clothing optional beach next to it.

This post was edited

Well, nude beaches should have all people full nude or at least bottom nude.In Florida (Halouver beach), for example, there are clothes beach, clothing optional beach and nude beach. But at the nude beach, you ll find people wearing swim trunks or speedos. It should be completely nude or nude from the wait down. Otherwise, go to the clothing optional beach next to it.

Never heard that Haulover had a nudity required section. Where is it?

This post was edited

That has not been my experience the women I have shared naturist experience with. All including my current partner prefer the opposite that being the option to choose. Isnt that what the freedom we want is all about the freedom to choose whether we wear clothes or not. Thats why clothing optional seems more safe because they can choose what is right for them.

Well...in all fairness, perhaps it is because most of the resorts I've visited, and nudists I've known personally, were at "nudity-compulsory" venues/settings. It stands to reason that "regulars" at C/O venues are there because that is their preference.

As I previously stated, my wife was very much "pro-C/O" at first; as we initially only attended C/O venues for her personal comfort (she was only willing to be nude to swim/soak or tan; and found "walking around naked" to be too "candid."
Had it not been for an "accidental" excursion to a "nude-obligatory" resort, she probably would have remained "pro-C/O" indefinitely. But when she saw that the "norm" there was for everyone to remain naked, she found it "easier" to blend in, than stand out as the only one covered. It was a "different" form of freedom she found there. It may not be "universally shared"; but our women-friends at the resort do share the same experience of finding freedom in just leaving all their clothes in the car; and being amongst people who did the same.

To answer the question: no, not every nudist is looking for the same type of "freedom." Nudist values are not a monolith. My wife - and our friends - have no interest in C/O venues or events; in great part because they've embraced "not having to make a choice."

But...nude beach nudism is not for everybody. "Nude-obligatory" resorts are not for everybody. C/O resorts are not for everybody. Non-landed nudism is not for everybody. There is no "fits all' type of nudism.

This post was edited

Most of the places the wife and I have been are CO, she likes having the option and her choice is usually based on wether or not most of the other women are nude and that there are other older/bigger women as well. I dont mind CO so long as people dont mind that I choose to be nude.

This post was edited