RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

Thanks for the information.

This post was edited

Clothing optional. I go to nude places so I can get nude without getting into trouble. I dont care if others are clothed or not. Ive got enough confidence in my naked body not to feel vulnerable with clothed people around. I have been the only one out of 13 at a swimming hole nude and I and the others thought nothing of it. Forcing people to be naked when they dont wish to be only makes them more uncomfortable, and they will be turned off with all the regimented rules. Not a good way to introduce a curious person to nudism. I would never insist my non nudist friends get naked if I took them to the beach. One reason I stick to the beaches and not resorts.

This post was edited

Clothing optional. I go to nude places so I can get nude without getting into trouble. I dont care if others are clothed or not. Ive got enough confidence in my naked body not to feel vulnerable with clothed people around. I have been the only one out of 13 at a swimming hole nude and I and the others thought nothing of it. Forcing people to be naked when they dont wish to be only makes them more uncomfortable, and they will be turned off with all the regimented rules. Not a good way to introduce a curious person to nudism. I would never insist my non nudist friends get naked if I took them to the beach. One reason I stick to the beaches and not resorts.

To each his own ~ if a person is curious, they can go to a nude resort on those rare days when clothing is allowed, like during an open house event. The insistence on everyone being nude does seem pushy, but the understanding that clothes don't make you any more or less than everyone else is very important for getting down to the root of what true nudism is.

Sticking to clothing optional beaches is probably the easiest way to go for the curious who can't get past their very personal stigma to the alternate idea of everybody being bare. That way the curious can leisurely come into the understanding of the merits of nudity, or not. Clothes are so dumb. But losing good friends by being confrontational with them about nudism is dumber. I haven't burned my swim trunks just yet, but they are getting quite dusty.

This post was edited

Clothing optional. I go to nude places so I can get nude without getting into trouble. I dont care if others are clothed or not. Ive got enough confidence in my naked body not to feel vulnerable with clothed people around. I have been the only one out of 13 at a swimming hole nude and I and the others thought nothing of it. Forcing people to be naked when they dont wish to be only makes them more uncomfortable, and they will be turned off with all the regimented rules. Not a good way to introduce a curious person to nudism. I would never insist my non nudist friends get naked if I took them to the beach. One reason I stick to the beaches and not resorts.To each his own ~ if a person is curious, they can go to a nude resort on those rare days when clothing is allowed, like during an open house event. The insistence on everyone being nude does seem pushy, but the understanding that clothes don't make you any more or less than everyone else is very important for getting down to the root of what true nudism is.Sticking to clothing optional beaches is probably the easiest way to go for the curious who can't get past their very personal stigma to the alternate idea of everybody being bare. That way the curious can leisurely come into the understanding of the merits of nudity, or not. Clothes are so dumb. But losing good friends by being confrontational with them about nudism is dumber. I haven't burned my swim trunks just yet, but they are getting quite dusty.

Don't burn the swimsuits. You might take a trip somewhere that requires them.

This post was edited

I quite agree you point out the part of the nude always argument that doesnt make sense to me. Why would my enjoyment of being clothes free be based on anyone elses state of dress.

This post was edited

Why would my enjoyment of being clothes free be based on anyone elses star of dress.

Well...among many of the nudist women I've spoken too, the consensus seems to be that they're more comfortable going completely naked when they can "just blend in", i.e, everyone else is naked as well. My wife has also admitted as much. It's not so much a question of enjoyment as it is a question of safety and comfort.

This post was edited

I'd say clothing optional. I just got back from Hippie Hollow, first time and found it amazing, mainly because of how large and chill it is with over a dozen beach access points. The first one closest to the parking lot had the most textiles, about 50%, whereas the others were almost all nude. What I found interesting is how people disrobed as nudity isn't allowed in the parking lot. I was happy to take off my clothes asap, others went into the restroom and others waited until they got to their spot where they wanted to hang out. That tells me how much comfort with being seen naked and/or disrobing varies even among nudists. If nudity becomes a uniform the sense of freedom gets quashed.

This post was edited

If nudity becomes a uniform the sense of freedom gets quashed.
That sums it up perfectly.

This post was edited

If nudity becomes a uniform the sense of freedom gets quashed.That sums it up perfectly.

Yep that is so on point. And the argument that we are seeking freedom to live as we choose becomes moot.

This post was edited

Well...among many of the nudist women I've spoken too, the consensus seems to be that they're more comfortable going completely naked when they can "just blend in", i.e, everyone else is naked as well.
I dont think this can be generalized though. Because their are all kinds of assumptions that go with that and the notion of safety. It suggests the mouth that just because everyone is naked we magically become the same. Ignoring the fact that there is a human being with unique experiences inside that naked body.

Are predators and those create unsafe environments less likely to do so if they are naked? I just dont think that can be a categorical statement.

This post was edited