RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

I, personally think that any nude venue should have rules in place that you must be nude. If you do not want to then you should not be there. My take is that people who do not get nude at a nudist venue at nothing more than voyeurs. It is the same thing with doctors, you go in to have a complete physical and you do not even have to remove your shirt. I have canceled my physicals because of this and the doctor ask why and I just told them that you can not do a real physical without being naked, Part of the physical is checking to see if molds and warts are changing or if you have contacted any skin or other diseases. If they don't do this then you have not had a physical, just a check up for 5 minutes work they get about $400. I did have one to tell me that due to advanced equipment they did not have to do that anymore, which is a bad joke on them

Well in your world there would be a lot fewer of us and thus fewer resorts, beaches, etc. in 1997 I asked my wife if we could go to a clothing optional resort on vacation. Her response was "fine, but I will not participate and I am not to be bothered about it". We arrived, I got rid of the clothes while she put on a swimsuit and went out to join the other vacationers, all nude. . We hit it off and we're having a great time and no one bothered her about the suit. On the second day I was playing volleyball in the pool and she was talking with people in the nearby hot tub. At one point she got up and went to the room. I figured she was using the restroom, instead she went in and took off the swimsuit and came back out nude! That was the last we saw of the swimsuit. She has told me that just being accepted, not bothered, and being able to see it for herself is what allowed her to make the decision. We have been to a good number of resorts sinc and live pretty close to Laguna Del Sol where sometimes, like last weekend, she tells me I should go by myself while she is busy or other times we go together.

20 years later...she suggested and wants to go to Laguna Del Sol this weekend to relax and have some fun...nude

This post was edited

Sunsport Gardens has a sign in the office stating that it's a "nude resort" implying clothing isn't optional. A lot of clothed people for a "nudist resort".
Actually, I don't mind being the minority nudist at their drum circles. Maybe it's the exhibitionist coming out of me!

This post was edited

I think it should be no clothing allowed in certain areas like the pool. My wife will lay out nude and go in the pool nude , but when she heads to the bathroom, room or for dinner she always at least wears a wrap

This post was edited

I think it should be no clothing allowed in certain areas like the pool. My wife will lay out nude and go in the pool nude , but when she heads to the bathroom, room or for dinner she always at least wears a wrap

That's the "format" most nudist resorts have these days. It's worked well for my wife who is not quite ready to just "walk around naked" everywhere at the resort. But she is comfortable with the idea that the pool area is "nude mandatory"; and has no problem getting naked to enter that area to swim, tan, and hot-tub. Everyone else is naked there, so that reduces the "intimidation factor."

She does understand though that there is a benefit to not covering up every time she leaves the pool area, or while just hanging out around the resort. She just wants to be able to "work up" to it. The "C/O except the pool area" resort "format" allows for that. As a matter of fact last year she gave it her first shot by momentarily tossing her wrap while we hung out by the lake. This year she has the idea of staying naked to walk between the pool area and the lake.

This kind of "gradual progress" would not be possible at a nude-mandatory resort. Yet I feel it's what a lot of women need.

This post was edited

Im reminded of a conversation we had with a couple on holiday once.

They were telling us about the naturist club they belonged to. They must have had the no singles policy as he said it was 50/50 split men and women.

He said, it was great because you could be naked all day and everywhere within the clubs boundarys. His wife then said. No, you can be naked everywhere I cant. She explained that while she preferred to be nude, all the women in the club all wore sarongs at all times. The only time I can be nude is in the pool, she said.

I asked why this was the case. She explained that it wasnt always like this. It started with one lady never going nude, which made others less confident and soon the club had turned into an only males naked club.

I understand that some people are less confident being nude everywhere all the time, but that can have detrimental effect on everyones freedom to be naturists.

This post was edited

Treat it like an addiction. I have tried to quit smoking on and off for around ten years, thinking I could just cut back never worked. Two years ago I decided I did not like where alcohol was taking me, and just quit buying it. I found that did not work with the cigarettes I needed the nicotine patches. Three months without a cigarette and just quit the nicotine treatment as well ;-) Do I still have cravings for them, HELL yes. But that passes and not having either substance around is mandatory for those times.

Need to start a CA (Clothing Anonymous) group to help those with a clothing addiction ;-)

This post was edited

I understand that some people are less confident being nude everywhere all the time, but that can have detrimental effect on everyones freedom to be naturists.

And that is a valid point.

On the one hand there's the argument that one sarong-clad lady can lead to two, then four, then eight, etc,,,
On the other hand there's the argument that mandating complete nudity can lead to newbies never returning and resort stagnancy.
It's a delicate balance.

Which is why I think nudist socialization is important. If someone shows up on their second or third visit still wearing a sarong most of the time, just interacting with them can help prevent "sarong addiction."
My first wife was initially VERY attached to her sarong at first. But upon her second visit at a nudist club, she was befriended by a couple of nudist women. The interaction with these naked women impressed her in a way that made her feel "overdressed." And the next thing I knew my wife had put away her sarong and was "walking around naked" right along with them.
Some time later my wife "paid it forward" by approaching a shy, dressed newbie and befriending her. The interaction alleviated the woman's anxiety, and she did end up hanging out naked.

That, IMHO, is how you allow for some "clothing-optionality" with it getting out of hand. Just being naked and friendly.

This post was edited

We probably will never belong to a club (we have none local anyway) and Im in to way advocating a ban on clothing at them.

But I do think that going to a naturist club, then you should expect everyone there to be a naturist.

If you are not confident enough, go to a CO beach until you are.

This post was edited

On the one hand there's the argument that one sarong-clad lady can lead to two, then four, then eight, etc,,,
Or modify this to say, On the one hand there's the argument that one sarong-clad lady being around nude women leads to one more nude woman. Which is more my experience.

This post was edited

On the one hand there's the argument that one sarong-clad lady can lead to two, then four, then eight, etc,,,Or modify this to say, On the one hand there's the argument that one sarong-clad lady being around nude women leads to one more nude woman. Which is more my experience.

Right.

The only times I've seen or heard of resorts being "overrun with sarongs" are two scenarios:
1 - There is a strong non-nudist resident population that does not get naked.
2 - There are "cliques" of long-time members who feel nudity is optional for them because they have been patrons of the resort for a long time.

In setting where a newbie might walk into a gathering of these dressed/covered women, it isn't hard to see why they might immediately feel self-conscious about getting naked.

But...that is not representative of most nudist resorts; particularly the more rustic ones.
My wife's first visit to a nudist resort; well there were some sarong-clad women walking outside the pool area. But the vast majority of women were naked. The latter made much more of an impression on my wife, who quickly decided to drop the top part of her wrap and be topless; because staying "fully-wrapped" would have made feel too much of an "outsider." And I doubt that another newbie seeing her wearing her wrap - basically like a mini-skirt - would have made them think: "Oh geez; this woman is not fully naked: I'd better keep my sarong on!" Not when "completely naked" was still in the majority. Besides, less than an hour later, unable to resist the appeal of dipping in the pool, my wife would end up naked in the pool area like everyone else.

This post was edited