RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

We are totally comfortable with 'Clothing Optional' as a classification of a venue be it a private club or a public beach. If we can be naked that is the main consideration and I don't think we have ever been to a CO location where there has been anything more than a very small minority that keep any clothes on.

We do agree that it is curious that some nudist venues expect people to dress in restaurants and bars.

This post was edited

A retreat center near us is clothing optional for residents, nudity-required for staff. They host a weekly public volleyball game, which is clothing optional most of the time, but once a month is nudity required, this latter intended to peel off those who are only present to Watch. (A nearby resort had begun directing its own clients there.) It's a nice compromise. And one elderly fellow who came dressed (with a volleyball-playing friend) once asked for, and was granted, an exception simply because getting undressed and re-dressed on a bench beside the volleyball court would have been too physically difficult.

This post was edited

Cant necessarily agree Andy. My wife has never been a home nudist. Still isnt but is comfortable at the nude beaches and resorts. In fact she was the leader in both cases for us to go. Yes, she knew that I was the nudist and she did it to appease me but she took the first step and is nude where comfortable. She does have her own set of rules about it for herself which is strange though.Well then, consider yourself among the lucky ones ... you and your wife are an exception to the rule or norm! ;-)

Andy, your are correct of course and it is the case for me unfortunately, that if someone does not enjoy home nudity even a little, the likelihood of social nudity is not likely. That said, knowing my wife and her background, she is very very reluctant for anything until she tries it. She was dead set against boating until I finagled our way into our first boat. Now she loves it and it was she who want to upgrade to our current boat.

Over the past few years as I have discovered naturism, practiced at home on occasion and described my experiences (very few) at resorts, she has gradually become less judgmental/worried. So unless we find ways to expose (pun intended) those who are not by nature curious or brave enough to try being nude in the presence of others, nudism will never be mainstream and will be limited to those personality types.

I continue to search for couples or friends that have taken this journey to correspond with my wife or even better to meet and share their story. Humans by nature are fearful of the unknown. Experiencing the simple nude experience in a very safe, non-threatening way is one first step to opening the door. Another would be if a friend she already knows and trusts turns out to be a nudist even if just on vacation. I could also envision a small gathering of genuine nudists at a pool party where everyone is relaxed and there is a comfortable mix of nude and textile per each persons comfort. My wife makes friends extremely fast is liked by everyone she meets so I would hope/predict the fact that some people are nude would quickly be pushed to the background.

This may all be very self-serving hopefulness on my part. All I know is I really enjoy the relaxation and liberation of simple nude time and wish I could share it often with my wife.

This post was edited

The downside is that many of us that could help are too far away for meet ups. I think Di would be great in helping reluctant women venture into nudism at home and then onto a beach or resort. She doesn't care for this type of social nudism, in fact she hates it, but she's talked to other women and to her close nudist friends about nudism and how she got into it, how they got into it and what their fears and concerns are to this day. I think all the nudist women in our circle of friends help one another with any issues they are dealing with. It's much better than any forum, periodical or article and definitely far better than any man telling them what they should do. ;-)

This post was edited

The distance factor is one very inconvenient factor it would seem in this lifestyle. Fireman Bills wife Donita had helped my wife with some issues in the beginning. They were over the other night as we all our getting ready for the cruise. It will be fun to see the girls together for a couple weeks. Given the opportunity I'm sure Mrs Rock would have no problem helping another lady out. She helped with my cousin when he was afraid to hot tub with us and my other girl cousin. Oddly enough he was the reluctant one and my girl cousin is all about taking her clothes off.

This post was edited

We are totally comfortable with 'Clothing Optional' as a classification of a venue be it a private club or a public beach. If we can be naked that is the main consideration and I don't think we have ever been to a CO location where there has been anything more than a very small minority that keep any clothes on.We do agree that it is curious that some nudist venues expect people to dress in restaurants and bars.

Agree on these points. At clothing optional places we tend to see a few who keep their clothes on but the majority are nude for at least some of their time there. As long as we can be naked thats our main consideration too, we're nudists who prefer life naked as and when we can be and are comfortable in clothing optional settings, others there may not be so enthusiastic about life this way. Nudists are usually very accepting of others, we hope our nudism is accepted similarly.

It does seem strange when we've spent the day surrounded by other nudists that we're asked to dress in restaurants and bars when its mostly the same people there, in a nudist environment. Even stranger is people we've seen nude earlier complaining if others are nude in the evening. Given the option of eating while nude at one place or having to 'cover up' at another the choice for our patronage is a no-brainer, we want to support the place that accepts nudists in a nudist setting!

I get the thinking behind clothing optional venues encouraging newcomers to nudism to try this way of life out gradually. I'm also inclined to think that non-nudists may take advantage to remain clothed among nudists. I don't support strict policing of nudity at all times but do appreciate times when everyone is nude at a nudist place, a completely nudist environment seems to make the world a good place to be.

This post was edited

We have visited several clubs and resorts and all have been C/O. I've seen people wearing way to many clothes for my taste at all of them. I understand having a time period for newbies to get acclimated or the weather factor for wearing something. I personally think I'd prefer some type of no clothing rule. At our home club there are a few long time members that rarely aren't wearing full wardrobe the entire season. I kind of do a head scratch about that.We've seen the same at our club. I wonder what the heck they are doing living in a nudist resort/club and never take their clothes off outside! One of the things that tends to bug me is when the naked police come around and tell guests/visitors that they must be naked but their friends or residents are standing next to them, completely dressed. Some lame excuse about them just getting back from outside the gates or about to leave but then you see these people hours later and they are still dressed and still wondering around all the naked people. . Rules for some and not for others. Always bugged me. I think because so many members have complained about some of these residents never being naked, the naked police have stopped enforcing their own rules.I have never heard of naked police but I guess if there is such a thing where I go they don't have anything to do. The idea of going to a nudist place is so you can be nude. Why would anyone want to go there and keep their clothes on?

Naked Police =management, staff people that walk around the pool deck and recreation area telling people that they need to be naked ... as they do so, fully clothed! ;-)

This post was edited

We both prefer CO venues. Night time temps can get pretty cold, especially in high desert locations like ours. A 30-40F drop at night is not unusual. I've experienced this at De Anza Springs, resorts in Palm Springs and at Mira Vista.

CO venues do help newbies get accustomed to nudity. I know it helped my wife ease into social nudity. We always make an effort to say hi and chat with those who are willing to attend even CO. Helping newbies feel comfortable only helps grow our numbers.

And even I have to cover up at times due to excessive sun exposure. Sunscreen only goes so far.

Also, I believe that in some locations clothing is required in dining areas due to local health regulations.

We have never encountered clothed males lurking about. Resort management tends to weed them out very quickly.

This post was edited

The purpose of "Clothing Optional" is to transition to Nude.
People attending resorts aren't suppose to remain "Clothing Optional".

Question: How do you maximize nude participation?
Answer: By participating in nude activities, NOT clothing optional.

My ex wife stopped going to Laguna del Sol because she felt wrong somehow, when others were dressed and she was nude.In my opinion, clubs should err on the side of nudists who want to be nude.
Steven Taylor, Laguna del Sol's GM, wrote a "Notice" letter regarding this very issue and addressed it, and others raised in this thread.

The letter was posted on 2 locations.

1. On a bulletin board right outside the co-ed showers a few yards from the RV hookups.
2. On a bulletin board right outside the co-ed showers by the outdoor main pools.

It was still there September of last year.

P.S.
If anyone(or a resident of Laguna del Sol) is going, could someone please take a picture
of that letter or write it down and post it here? Assuming, the letters are still up.

The details of that letter would make a good discussion.

This post was edited

I don't have a preference for myself, obviously it would be not allowed, when it comes to other people optional I think should be the norm. Why take away the persons right to choose their state of undress?

This post was edited