RE:Swimming

We never wear suits in our pool in Florida. Paradise!

Do you own any for when you swim elsewhere]

This post was edited

Got rid of the two extremes in my swimwear supply today.
Got rid of the board shorts that I haven't worn in 2 years.
Still have a mid-thigh nylon suit for situations where something conservative is needed.
Also tossed the Kiniki tanga because i doubt that I would wear that little any place I couldn't be nude.
I also still have one each of speedo solar, kiniki full brief and kiniki swim shorts (very short about 2" inseam.
Am thinking about getting rid of the speedo solar because the Kiniki are so much more comfortable and dry faster.
Three is probably about as low as I can go at this point.

This post was edited

I find that the Kiniki tanga is great for swimming in hotel pools - especially as the tan-through fabric dries so quickly. If I wrap it in the hotel's pool towel while I dress after drying myself it's dry enough to put in my pocket so there's nothing to carry back to my room (or to the bar).
In fact it has never been worn outdoors in the sunshine.

This post was edited

tan-through fabric.I got a cooltan tan-through swimsuit that I wanted to take to textile beaches a while ago, but it was super thin and seemed almost seethrough when I tried it on. Not that I personally mind effectively being nude in front of others, but I don't want to alienate other people using the hotel pool or at the beach. Sounds like your experience with the tan-through swimwear has mostly been positive though? I may need to pull out those swimming trunks after all.But skinny dipping is better, of course!
Mine have very loud patterns which make it difficult to tell if anything is showing through.

This post was edited

tan-through fabric.I got a cooltan tan-through swimsuit that I wanted to take to textile beaches a while ago, but it was super thin and seemed almost seethrough when I tried it on. Not that I personally mind effectively being nude in front of others, but I don't want to alienate other people using the hotel pool or at the beach. Sounds like your experience with the tan-through swimwear has mostly been positive though? I may need to pull out those swimming trunks after all.But skinny dipping is better, of course!
You have stated the situation precisely in your post.
It is ALMOST see-through. That is how the tan-through works. However the garments are cleverly patterned to supplement the optical opacity and make them perfectly modest, even when wet.
My wife, who is totally non-exhibitionist wears tan-through swimsuits at the local indoor public pool as they are completely modest, very comfortable and quick drying. She has never used them for sunbathing as she always does that naked at nudist locations.

This post was edited

I went with Kiniki because they cost about half as much as cool tan. However, since the latter sells true swim shorts and the former does not, I may get a pair next year and have only tan through swimwear.

This post was edited

We plan to have that backyard in our next house.

This post was edited

This year I started wearing a rash guard (top to protect you from the sun as well as the wax on the board) so as not to end up with tan lines.

I'm not a surfer but I have attempted to surf a few times. After my first attempt on Waikiki Beach while in the Navy. I wore a rash guard the subsequent 2 attempts. I spent more of my time on my belly then I did attempting to stand and by the end of that first attempt, I'd almost rubbed my nipples completely off! :DDDDD The wax and sand on the board was like 80 grit sandpaper!

This post was edited

I got a pair of Cool Tan back at the beginning of the summer, the jury is still out on the tanning however they are light weight, cooler, and dry quicker. In the right light they are see through, but that hasn't been an issue so far.
Worth the investment, although nude is always better!

This post was edited

Yeah when you first start out or after wet suit season is over your nipples take a beating until they get used to the rubbing on the wax.

This post was edited