RE:Swimming

we recently went to the Bahamas wore my cool tan shorts the whole time felt great had no issues and yes you can get sunburned all over just my two cents

This post was edited

I agree with you triad! Once you skinny dipped you will never own another suit again!

This post was edited

Yes I am fortunate to live very near an optional beach and go for a quick dip after work. No need for towel of swimwear just strip off and go in. Its a shame more beaches aren't like this.

This post was edited

Yes I am fortunate to live very near an optional beach and go for a quick dip after work. No need for towel of swimwear just strip off and go in. Its a shame more beaches aren't like this.

This post was edited

versatility is good, be nude when we can but have suitable fabric to be compatible with whoever we're with. So I use synthetic mesh gym shorts with the conservatives, got some briefs for the more liberal associations, (which actually hasn't yet happened, but will in time) and don't bother to use anything when alone or with naturists. My water time has been very limited for many years, although when young I went as far as I could in swim training short of life guard training. I figure as I get my diet where I want it and start gaining physical capacity I want to start making regular trips to a lap pool and see how far I can build speed swimming. It will be a university pool about 50 miles away, and of course no nude swimming, but I think the 1.5" side brief I got 2" oversize (so it would not be too tight and uncomfortable) would be quite acceptable there, even if 99% of swimmers have gone to board short imitations. They cost a lot more with zero benefit, just paying extra for reduced comfort and less ease of movement. If anyone bothers to comment I can tell em I grew up in the 70's when every swimmer wore briefs, why should I change? But it may be that the older generation still uses them enough that no one would bother to comment, other than perhaps know nothing youngsters. And I guess they are still used in certain situations, as water polo.

This post was edited

ReubenT,
Your argument that you grew up in the 70's when most men swam in briefs should be sufficient. However, the same line of reasoning probably would not work for men who grew up in the 60's or earlier when most men swam nude unless there were women present.

This post was edited

No, unfortunately. There's nowhere nearby that I could and I don't own a pool.

This post was edited

I prefer to swim nude where possible.
I live very near to an optional beach.
It is simply less hassle and to be honest a totally natural thing to do
However some kind friends and relatives of mine invite to spend a week of two with them at their holiday homes.
So the choice of beaches we go to are usually mainstream.
I don't have any swimwear as I usually wear a pair of running shorts when required.

This post was edited
RE:Swimming nude all the time

I am very happy to respond to this and will let you know that I have been very interested in the nude lifestyle and I will always be nude in the water for the next few centuries and never forget about it and the fact that I don't have to worry about it anymore because I am always nude in the swimming pool with my friends who are very friendly and intelligent people who have been in love with this kind of thing for a while now. They are very passionate about their nude living with the new lifestyle that they are worth it for when they're in their own homes.

This post was edited

I have had cool tans for many years. They are great for swimming, closest thing go swimming naked, which unfortunately I rarely have to opportunity to do. I also where them for yard work, and although they do allow an all over tan, the area covered by the suit never seems to get as tan as the exposed skin. I also where them on quick errands around town, almost feels like no pants at all.

This post was edited