RE:What to wear when you go to or leave a nudebeach

I usually drive to the nude beach nude but slip on gym shorts when paying and going through the gate. I always wear a T-shirt when driving since I dont like the seatbelt strap on my bare chest. Ill then wear the gym shorts commando to my spot in the beach and disrobe there. Same on the way back.

I find the seat belt a lot less annoying.
I rarely wear a shirt while driving when it is warm enough not to.

This post was edited

Me: shorts, t shirt and flip flops. She: sundress, flip flops. We each take a hat and sunglasses.

I always take a Hawaiian shirt as well. I will drive completely naked to the beach and because the parking lot/lots are visited by clothed people for the neighboring textile venues, I will slip on my shorts before exiting the car. When we leave the beach, we wear the things we've taken or worn and then we find an out of the way place to shower off for the ride home. I have a couple of gallon water jugs and a spare lid with holes in it to make a DIY shower. I hold the water over my wife as she showers off and she returns the favor. We dry off and get in the car for the ride home. I drove home completely naked and she will put on the Hawaiian shirt for the ride home.

This post was edited

Whatever I'd normally wear. Though I usually go sockles when possible. Usually shorts and a tank top with a button up shirt.

The clothes also work as a pillow!

This post was edited

Most any of my naked days I have shorts, shirt and shoes/socks or flops to start. Go to quickie Mart for travel snacks, then get free for the travel. Most places I go require shorts to traverse the gate or parking lot. Then free when able. I have a backpack for water snacks, and a towel so my shorts go in there when not used. Then the reverse for the travel home. Sometimes there is a stop at a grab n go place. When by the drive thru window I do a courtesy cover as they can see into my vehicle. (When I was in a truck it was no problem.) Sometimes I find a nice spot for my snacks before I continue. Single travel most of the time, but I have had a friend join a few times.

This post was edited

If I have to wear something then it's shorts only and shoes if the require to wear something from car to beach. If I have to stop somewhere going or leaving beach, then tank top, shorts, socks, and shoes... but I prefer to wear nothing at all.

This post was edited

a tanktop and some short running short with spilts at the side with no underwear

This post was edited

I leave the car park wearing just beach shorts, commando, and thongs (flip-flops). There is a short walk to the beach past a restaurant and the SLSC. The first part of the beach is not clothing optional, so the shorts stay on. When I reach the demarcation sign I stop to remove my shorts. I walk the water's edge where the sand in firm and cool, as the main beach can be too hot for bare feet during the summer. When leaving the beach at the end of a great day I am naked until I reach the sign, where the shorts (reluctantly) go back on.

This post was edited

I leave the car park wearing just beach shorts, commando, and thongs (flip-flops). There is a short walk to the beach past a restaurant and the SLSC. The first part of the beach is not clothing optional, so the shorts stay on. When I reach the demarcation sign I stop to remove my shorts. I walk the water's edge where the sand in firm and cool, as the main beach can be too hot for bare feet during the summer. When leaving the beach at the end of a great day I am naked until I reach the sign, where the shorts (reluctantly) go back on.

Thanks for the clarification on thongs for those of us from the US.
We were visiting my brother in law in Australia last February and we took them to a rather nice restaurant.
There was a sign near the entrance that said men wearing thongs were allowed in the bar, but not the dining room.
Since thongs in the US generally refer to swimwear or underwear, I was puzzled.
Or nephew explained that in Australia thongs generally mean what we call flip-flops.

This post was edited

Surprised so many wear a shirt.
Would any of you share why?

This post was edited

Thanks for the clarification on thongs for those of us from the US ....... in Australia thongs generally mean what we call flip-flops.

I've lived in Australia long enough now to call them thongs, but they remained "flip-flops" to me for a long time. In the UK "thongs" were worn by women like a cheese wire between the bum cheeks lol.

This post was edited