RE:What to wear when you go to or leave a nudebeach

I've always wanted to do this at blacks because I find dressing for the short hike only to undress at the other side to be a hassle but I've never had the nerve due to the everyone else usually being fully dressed on the trail when I've went. Have you done this recently? What kind of reactions do you get? The other thing that deters me is that the parking lot area has lots of textiles who have no intention of using the nude beach.

I have not been there recently, but I am sure it has not changes since my last visit two years ago.
At my age, the idea of worrying what someone else may think about how I am dressed is long past.
That said, I have never had any reaction of any kind by anyone either in the parking lot or on the trail to and from the beach.

When I first started going there in the early 80's, even the textile males never wore a top.
It is only in the last 20 years or so that men seem to have become more uncomfortable being seen without a top on.

You have to do what you are comfortable with, but I believe if you try it once you will see no one really cares.

One time after leaving the beach, I had to stop and get gas.
Again I just wrapped the towel around me as I got out of the car.
I was expecting to just pay at the pump like I normally do, however there system was down and I had to go into the mini-mart to pay.
After a slight hesitation, I simply went in a prepaid at the counter.
Guess what. People did not run out screaming or covering there eyes. No one even gave me a second glance.

Since you go to Blacks and Deep Creek, obviously you have taken that biggest step of being seen nude in a nude friendly location.
Now you need to start pushing your boundaries and feeling more comfortable either in minimal clothing or nude in other areas.

Due to the Covid-19, this years World Naked Bike Ride in Los Angeles was cancelled.
I would recommend you try to ride in next years event. Once you have done that, you will never worry about what others think about what you may or may not be wearing.

This post was edited

well said Jim, next time I go to blacks I will consider going for the towel strategy, at the very least it would leave me with less clothing cluttering up my backpack once I'm down at the beach.

This post was edited

Went to Gunnison today. Most of the men walking between the parking lot and beach were wearing shorts and shirts as usual. Shirtless men seemed a little more common than usual. Did see one man in a tanga with a very narrow back, which is probably the legal minimum on the trail.

This post was edited

I wear only T shirt, shorts and flip flops. No reason to carry more than I need to.

This post was edited

I wear only T shirt, shorts and flip flops. No reason to carry more than I need to.

I never wear a T shirt between the car and beach, just shorts and flip flops. Also because I see no reason to carry more than I need, and I don't need a shirt.

This post was edited

Only sunglasses and a smile, if appropriate. I usually end up wearing a tank top, shorts (commando), flip flops and sunglasses. Carry a cooler with beverages, towel, sunscreen, snacks, phone, . . . . always more than I really need. :-)

This post was edited

I go to Gunnison Beach in New Jersey. I've never built up enough nerve to drive naked for the 20 mile trip from my home but would love to try it sometime. I wear shorts, tee shirt and sneakers for the drive and then put on flip flops to walk from the parking lot. I wear my shorts to the clothing optional sign and then take them off for the rest of my walk to get to my spot. I love the freedom of being naked on the beach and wonder why guys choose to go to the nude beach but wear bathing suits.

This post was edited

Only sunglasses and a smile, if appropriate. I usually end up wearing a tank top, shorts (commando), flip flops and sunglasses. Carry a cooler with beverages, towel, sunscreen, snacks, phone, . . . . always more than I really need. :-)
Ever just wear shorts and no shirt? That is what I almost always do.

This post was edited

I go to Gunnison Beach in New Jersey. I've never built up enough nerve to drive naked for the 20 mile trip from my home but would love to try it sometime. I wear shorts, tee shirt and sneakers for the drive and then put on flip flops to walk from the parking lot. I wear my shorts to the clothing optional sign and then take them off for the rest of my walk to get to my spot. I love the freedom of being naked on the beach and wonder why guys choose to go to the nude beach but wear bathing suits.

Why the shirt? I never wear one for the drive or the walk.
It seems to me that most of the men who are wearing something are with someone who is nude.
Do you think otherwise?

This post was edited

Went to Gunnison yesterday.
Saw a man walking to the beach wearing a jacket above the waist and only a g-string below.
Strange combination!

This post was edited