RE:What to wear when you go to or leave a nudebeach

My sister and her husband, who are very conservative in their dress, booked a stay at a couples resort in Jamaica but got bumped to Hedonism because the other resort was overbooked. They were offered a free upgrade to the building on the nude beach for their inconvenience of having to go to a different resort. They registration desk told them that there would bE no need to dress between their room and the beach. They declined.

This post was edited

The oddest thing I have seen is a couple at a nudist resort who dressed to go from their accommodation to the beach. Why would you want to get sand in your clothing?

I've seen a similar thing at Valley View Hot Springs (https://www.olt.org/vvhs). Folks will be fully nude in one of the hot springs pools, then will get dressed to move to a different pool just to strip down again. One of my friends that I took often was one of these people. I took great pleasure in making fun of her habit. She eventually scaled down to a sarong type outfit, but still insisted on wearing it between pools.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

When I go to Black's, it is just a towel and sandals for the hike down from the glider port. As soon as my feet hit the sand off comes the towel.

I've always wanted to do this at blacks because I find dressing for the short hike only to undress at the other side to be a hassle but I've never had the nerve due to the everyone else usually being fully dressed on the trail when I've went. Have you done this recently? What kind of reactions do you get? The other thing that deters me is that the parking lot area has lots of textiles who have no intention of using the nude beach.

To answer the thread question the obvious answer is to wear as little as is acceptable/practical. When I go to blacks I end up putting on gym shorts and a t shirt for the hike down through the textile area, however at deep creek hot springs the parking lot and entire surrounding area are clothing optional so I don't wear anything at any point.

This post was edited

When I go to Black's, it is just a towel and sandals for the hike down from the glider port. As soon as my feet hit the sand off comes the towel.I've always wanted to do this at blacks because I find dressing for the short hike only to undress at the other side to be a hassle but I've never had the nerve due to the everyone else usually being fully dressed on the trail when I've went. Have you done this recently? What kind of reactions do you get? The other thing that deters me is that the parking lot area has lots of textiles who have no intention of using the nude beach.To answer the thread question the obvious answer is to wear as little as is acceptable/practical. When I go to blacks I end up putting on gym shorts and a t shirt for the hike down through the textile area, however at deep creek hot springs the parking lot and entire surrounding area are clothing optional so I don't wear anything at any point.

Why the shirt? A shirtless man should be accepted near a textile beach as most of the men will be shirtless on it.

This post was edited

So this is what I was wearing yesterday in the local nude beach parking lot.

This post was edited

So this is what I was wearing yesterday in the local nude beach parking lot.

Did you also walk between the parking lot and beach nude?

This post was edited

Did you also walk between the parking lot and beach nude?

Not yesterday but I have in the past, yes. This time around I got out of the car and covered myself with a canga.

A canga is kinda-sorta like a beach towel, except it's not a towel per se. It resembles a sarong or maybe a bed sheet in how lightweight and breathable it is. We don't use actual towels to lie on over here in Brazil and instead we use cangas. They come in all colours and sizes, most of them are rectangular but if you look hard enough you can find some that are circular and gigantic, like for a few people to lie on.

I don't have a picture with it wrapped around my waist but I do have a few of it on the sand, as well as a couple of myself lying on it. EDIT: uploaded some for reference.

This post was edited

Me personally I like to where a pair of extra shredded short shorts with holes in them with some in areas that possibly expose me if someone is looking close enough. I bring an old t shirt since I burn. Then of course shoes or flipflops. That's it! A towel and sunscreen. Maybe a hat. Water. At my nude beach you can be arrested for being 'nude' so minimally covered is required - and cops usually there to enforce that.

This post was edited

Why the shirt?

You have a good point but I guess its because as I said the top of the hike seems to be predominantly trafficked by textiles who aren't even there for the nude beach.

This post was edited

Why the shirt?You have a good point but I guess its because as I said the top of the hike seems to be predominantly trafficked by textiles who aren't even there for the nude beach.

But even if the men have a shirt on for the walk, most of them will take it off once they get to the beach, so it shouldn't bother anyone to see shirtless man on the trail.

This post was edited