RE:What to wear when you go to or leave a nudebeach

shorts only

This post was edited

shorts only

No sandals? Tried it once and burned my feet so badly that I got blisters!

This post was edited

t-shirt, shorts and sandals. As soon as we are past the nude beach sign, strip down. We do the reverse on the way out.
Why the shirt?

This post was edited

I wear a pair of running shorts and shoes that's it and soon as its clear to be nude then I strip down.

This post was edited

If you are on a nudebeach you only wear your birthdaysuit, but what do you wear when you are traveling to the beach. And what do you wear if you leave the beach.Please tell us....

When leaving home and driving all the way up, I wear any clothes I'd normally wear to any other casual place, like pants or shorts and a t-shirt. More often than not I'll just wear the loosest, comfiest shorts with no t-shirt and no undies if I can. Sneakers, not flip flops, because of driving laws.

Once I've parked my car, I'll often change behind it -- or in it if there are people lingering nearby. At my local nude beach, there's no access leading straight to the point where you can go naked, so instead you have to leave your car at a normal road and walk past a restaurant and the whoooole textile portion of the beach. You walk along the shoreline to get to the other end of it and you have wear clothes at this point. To keep the weight of my bag at a minimum I'll just put on a swimsuit, OR a pair of lightweight shorts, OR just a microfiber towel around my waist as it goes in the bag in any case. I've seen guys cross the textile area in briefs.

If I leave at night when the textile area and the restaurant are empty, I can just walk butt naked back to my car. Otherwise, same as before: either a towel or whatever I put on earlier.

This post was edited

I see several of you have said towel and I have seen a few men just wrap a towel around their waist and leave the beach.
What do you do if it starts to fall off in the clothing required area?

This post was edited

a few men just wrap a towel around their waist and leave the beach.What do you do if it starts to fall off in the clothing required area?

Is it packed with people? Is there a single person or a small group too far away to even notice or care? Is it deserted? Is it noon or 5+? Are there many cars close to my own? Are there other nudists walking back from the nude area to the parking lot in their birthday suits?

I have walked fully naked back to my car and it feels great so I'm definitely doing it again, but that depends on the circumstances. You can always reposition your towel if you're concerned.

This post was edited

a few men just wrap a towel around their waist and leave the beach.What do you do if it starts to fall off in the clothing required area?Is it packed with people? Is there a single person or a small group too far away to even notice or care? Is it deserted? Is it noon or 5+? Are there many cars close to my own? Are there other nudists walking back from the nude area to the parking lot in their birthday suits?I have walked fully naked back to my car and it feels great so I'm definitely doing it again, but that depends on the circumstances. You can always reposition your towel if you're concerned.

At Gunnison, where I go, the parking lot is across the main park access road from the nude beach. There is also a long walk between the sand dunes before reaching the clothing optional area.

This post was edited

If there's no one there to see, there's no problem. Unless there is surveillance of course. And if you happen to notice someone way too far you have plenty of time to cover up.

This post was edited

The oddest thing I have seen is a couple at a nudist resort who dressed to go from their accommodation to the beach. Why would you want to get sand in your clothing?

This post was edited