RE:Single Mens Army

Codebare I agree that that is what it should be but as stated, a lot of the people here are not here as what I would describe a a True Nudist.

If you at a bar or a party as a couple having someone send a note would be creepy. However if there is a conversation going and all are participating in the conversation and then you send a note to a couple that is pertinent to the conversation you all were just having, then there is context to the note.

I say I have learned because early on I sent request and accepted request without knowing much about the person. I was blocked a lot. Now I dont ask to be friends much because I dont have to be on your friends list. I enjoy our encounters in our shared groups and forums.

This post was edited

Its a fact that we do have over 400 friends request pending. We get about three a week they rarely contain a message but I always check the profile. Its almost always sexual in nature, either directly in the info or indirectly by which groups they belong too.

You are correct that its vain to think they all want to have sex. Maybe they just want to join our book club.

No where in this thread have I indicated that we feel victimised. Its not frustrating either, its just how things work on TN.

I feel sorry that the OP has had such a bad experience, but I think hes wrong to blame all couples for his lack of a naturist partner. Something he hopes for on his profile .

I wish him the best of luck.

This post was edited

Its a fact that we do have over 400 friends request pending. We get about three a week they rarely contain a message but I always check the profile. Its almost always sexual in nature, either directly in the info or indirectly by which groups they belong too.You are correct that its vain to think they all want to have sex. Maybe they just want to join our book club.No where in this thread have I indicated that we feel victimised. Its not frustrating either, its just how things work on TN.I feel sorry that the OP has had such a bad experience, but I think hes wrong to blame all couples for his lack of a naturist partner. Something he hopes for on his profile .I wish him the best of luck.

Three a week? Sounds pretty average to me. So you go to the bother of checking their profile out ... decide you dont want anything to do with them ...but then dont delete their request ? ?? Mmm. And they all want to have sex with one or both of you? Mmm. .. And you dont want anything to do with them but have saved up their friend requests over a couple of years? Mmm. And youre real naturists but theyre definitely not? Mmm Youve made up your own set of naturist rules so you know who is and isnt a real naturist isnt that right? Mmm. Those single naturist types ... probably all weirdos?? Dyou reckon? Mmm. They must be - sure theyre queueing up in their hundreds wanting sex with you. Isnt that right? Mmm

My advice? Maybe start deleting your unwanted requests like everyone else does? ...or use the contacts youve made a point of saving up and hire a large party tent and let them all have their dirty way with you. You could even make a video and sell it to the comedy channel!

Okay lets be vaguely serious for a moment and consider a married naturist couple of which you might approve. What if their marriage broke up or sadly one of them passed away? Presumably the remaining naturist would need to be recategorised and cast out? Otherwise he ( or she ) would probably join the queue for a piece of you!! And then youd have 401 to tell us all about!

Bye bye now!

This post was edited

Wow, I should take up phishing.

I hook him every single time.

(I wonder if the rant will remain posted this time.)

This post was edited

I feel sorry that the OP has had such a bad experience, but I think hes wrong to blame all couples for his lack of a naturist partner. Something he hopes for on his profile . I wish him the best of luck.

I admire your shift in attitude to show acceptance and empathy. I also encourage you to consider going through some of those 400 contacts and reaching out to make new friends. As more mature men, it's important for us to realize that we are the generation that younger people look to for wisdom, empathy and a listening ear. It turns out we have a lot to learn from each other, but as the old joes we need to take the initiative to inquire, affirm and encourage. Sometimes I question if I'm just my same old young stupid self with grey hairs, but I'm not. We're not. I affirm how we alll 50+ have a lot to offer, and it starts with our hearts of compassion and courage, and all shall be well.

This post was edited

Three a week? Sounds pretty average to me. So you go to the bother of checking their profile out ... decide you dont want anything to do with them ...but then dont delete their request ? ?? Mmm. And they all want to have sex with one or both of you? Mmm. .. And you dont want anything to do with them but have saved up their friend requests over a couple of years? Mmm. And youre real naturists but theyre definitely not? Mmm Youve made up your own set of naturist rules so you know who is and isnt a real naturist isnt that right? Mmm. Those single naturist types ... probably all weirdos?? Dyou reckon? Mmm. They must be - sure theyre queueing up in their hundreds wanting sex with you. Isnt that right? Mmm
I wondered the same thing!
Are we collecting, Stevo? Just in case? Mmm.

This post was edited

Out attitudes havent shifted, they have always been that social norms and expectations dont change for naturists when you take your clothes off.

Our mistake was joining this site after being naturists for over a decade and expecting it to reflect what we experience in the real world. It doesnt.

We have never had a problem with single men on beaches or at resorts. For the most part they behave exactly like everyone else. Being respectful and approachable.

The OP reaction to being ostracised by couples on the internet is giving him a skewed image of what goes on in the real world. (Go to the beach, act normally)

I honestly pity the people new to nudism who join TN to find out more about it. Sure theres lots of great information but it also has a lot of nonsense that only happens on the internet. If they then take those nonsense attitudes to the beach or resort then we are all doomed.

This post was edited

What..... collecting non-friends by not accepting ......oh thats funny.

The model on the right, holding a sign saying Certified users have more friends. Thats irony.

This post was edited

I honestly pity the people new to nudism who join TN to find out more about it. Sure theres lots of great information but it also has a lot of nonsense that only happens on the internet. If they then take those nonsense attitudes to the beach or resort then we are all doomed.

Isn't that even more of a reason to look twice (at the non skeezy requests, ofc) and consider saying hello back? Interaction with a more experienced, responsible person might really help them out in getting a better understanding and experience, especially if they aren't yet jaded from long-term exposure to forums on the internet. It's an opportunity to help properly guide new people into this way of life, and help them avoid pitfalls and bad events. And you may well make a new friend in the process.

Hell, I'm new to this. Finding genuine people is the only reason I'm here. I read in a variety of places that this site is full of really skeezy pervs, but that there's a lot good people and good information here if you dig for them, too. So far I've met a couple friendly people that seem interested in talking with noobs and locals, and I hope to get to know more. In-person is great, and always for the best, but online isn't necessarily bad and can lead to meeting the folks in person as well (it's also useful in a time of pandemic when public gatherings aren't the best idea). Besides - there's no reason you can't do both. Polarization pretty generally leads to negativity and a closed mind - so why embrace it?

This post was edited

Thanks, CodeBear, for articulating a lot of what I feel.

I'm not exactly new to the naturist world, having done sporadic nude gatherings over the years, but I am new to the social scene as portrayed on this site. I'm old enough to have formed my own attitudes toward nude situations and the people I find in them, but young enough (I hope) to be able to adapt to whatever situation I'm in, if it means that I can practice naturism in my own way while fitting in to what others are doing.

I'm learning that there are pervs out there. I'm learning that there are people who want to share their views with me, and people who want to inflict their views on me. I'm learning, most of all, that visitors to this site are a cross-section of humanity, coming to grips with something that is new to them and trying to figure out the rules, and discovering that the rules differ from place to place and context to context. Understandably, there is some confusion and need for direction, and with a little bit of luck someone will come along to address those things.

I'll keep visiting, in hopes of finding some genuine friendships and rewards among the dross.

This post was edited