We are making an upgrade right now.

Sorry for the interruption, we are working to improve your experience. Thank you for your patience

Slow.. or is it just me?

I realize we just went thru a server upgrade here but it all seems to be worse.. It is very slow and sometimes even unresponsive when comparing them to other sites I am on. And I say that just to let the powers that be know it's not just my internets services.

So, Is I the only one with an issue?

This topic was edited
RE: Slow.. or is it just me?

It's dead-lice-falling-off slow.

John

This post was edited
RE: Slow.. or is it just me?And no upgrade

maybe I have missed it, but it looks like there has only been a change to a new server-no platform improvements. For example, on the forums, it would be nice to have a "last page" button.
There is a last page button.
Bottom right. It's the double right arrow. ( can't do an example, as the page removes it from the post )
Doesn't always work from page 1.

This post was edited

this site seems to be a the same, with some upgrades (woohoo), anyways..... some,few, basic computer tips would allow you to have faster speed on your end: 1. if your feel your CPU is getting slow, reset the memory by restarting your CPU, this will wipe the slate clean by losing all the built up data it has stored. 2. dont have too many programs opened up on your CPU. this will only make the CPU work harder and longer. 3. always defrag your hard drive, especially after deleting programs or large files. i recommend defraging monthly or bi-weekly 4. turn off the remote setting's in your CPU, especially if your sharing your music or something else on-line, having this open will enable your CPU over do its memory w/o you even knowing it, memory is being used by somebody else and who knows how many programs they have opened up on thier end and lessing your performance. 5. always have the latest anti-virus and update it frequently, hopefully this helps, a bit off target from the original post, but, i couldnt help offering other helpfull tips

Well thanks.. but if any of these were the problem it would also show up on other sites I am perusing..which is why i mentioned this is the only site now that I have any kinds of issues at all. I just mentioned it in hopes the owners will take a look at it..
And how many different kinds of snow are there.. ? My only issue with snow is it's always cold when it snows.. which.. is why I live in Florida.. and am not really sure what snow looks like anymore.

This post was edited

this site seems to be a the same, with some upgrades (woohoo), anyways..... some,few, basic computer tips would allow you to have faster speed on your end: 1. if your feel your CPU is getting slow, reset the memory by restarting your CPU, this will wipe the slate clean by losing all the built up data it has stored. 2. dont have too many programs opened up on your CPU. this will only make the CPU work harder and longer. 3. always defrag your hard drive, especially after deleting programs or large files. i recommend defraging monthly or bi-weekly 4. turn off the remote setting's in your CPU, especially if your sharing your music or something else on-line, having this open will enable your CPU over do its memory w/o you even knowing it, memory is being used by somebody else and who knows how many programs they have opened up on thier end and lessing your performance. 5. always have the latest anti-virus and update it frequently, hopefully this helps, a bit off target from the original post, but, i couldnt help offering other helpfull tips

Well thanks.. but if any of these were the problem it would also show up on other sites I am perusing..which is why i mentioned this is the only site now that I have any kinds of issues at all. I just mentioned it in hopes the owners will take a look at it..
And how many different kinds of snow are there.. ? My only issue with snow is it's always cold when it snows.. which.. is why I live in Florida.. and am not really sure what snow looks like anymore.

This post was edited
no

mine seans to be going fsater after the upgraid

This post was edited
Yes

it is slow - but its not a real problem

This post was edited
RE: Yes

maybe the 72 hours was meant to be 72 days

This post was edited
slow?

I thought this site just did an upgrade? This is why I refuse to become a paid member of this site. Maybe the administrators need to shut the site down completely for a few days and upgrade it!!

This post was edited
Slow

It is just not you! Really I think this gets slower every day!

This post was edited
RE: Slow.. or is it just me?

Yes, it is very slow and getting into chat has been very difficult. There are issues tht have appeared since the upgrade, or the upgrade is still in progress.

This post was edited