RE: Slow.. or is it just me?

i like some others got up and took care of a chore whilst waiting to be logged in. my security/antivirus software often slows things down to even a slower pace than this site, but it wasn't running when i logged in so it was just the site's molasses in january pace that delayed log in.

This post was edited

it seems to be getting worse. it took several minutes just to get logged in.is anyone else convinced it is better off since this "upgrade"? it never took several minutes to get logged in before the upgrade, and it was only occasinally slow before, unlike the daily slowness post upgrade.

This post was edited

Not slow this morning (21 March). It is really fast. I hope it isn't because all the users in the USA are asleap. If it's for real, congratulations guys, you've cracked it.

This post was edited

Not slow this morning (21 March). It is really fast. I hope it isn't because all the users in the USA are asleap. If it's for real, congratulations guys, you've cracked it.

It's working nicely this morning. Welcome to the Butt Naked club.

This post was edited

Oh blis Oh joy. It is still fast and I'm sure everyone is awake it the good old USA by now. Looks like you've cracked it. Congratulations, (or am I counting my chickens)

Hip Hip Hip Horay.

This post was edited

Finally. faster site loading here today..... Yeeaaahh Yeahaw!! Thanks TT1 fixed burp the new server going ...

It's great!

This post was edited

i was attempting to comment on how much better it is with it running at a better rate when the system so rudely logged me out. i'm glad it is running better, but i guess no matter how fast it runs, you can still be logged out.

This post was edited

It has been much faster for me, just like it should be.

This post was edited

NIM do you think reducing the log out timer freed up needed band width?

This post was edited

I realize we just went thru a server upgrade here but it all seems to be worse.. It is very slow and sometimes even unresponsive when comparing them to other sites I am on. And I say that just to let the powers that be know it's not just my internets services.So, Is I the only one with an issue?

Server migrations are painful. I have faced that more than once with job related databases with web GUI's.
1) Purge your cache
2) Purge your DNS Cache
3) Purge all Temporary Files
4) Cold boot your PC - A good opportunity to ensure it's dust free. Dust will make your machine run hot and a hot machine is a slow machine.

But at this time, the site is responding much better... but during the whole migration... it was PAINFULLY slow.

-Cheers
-Eddie

This post was edited