RE:Coverup Idea

For me the worst part of wearing clothes is having something like a belt around my waist, so I wouldnt like a kilt or loin cloth.

I proposed tying a thin cotton cloth (like a pareo, sarong or bandana) round your hips. If you know how to do it, there's no need to tie it cramped, so it doesn't feel like a belt at all. You wear it quite loose around your pelvis. For me the feeling is quite ok both as "just in need" cover-up as also as skirt for casual wear.

This post was edited

Admitted, they are sold as underwear, but you can get thong bikini style and G-string type at Walmart. Don't know what would make these different from something sold as swimwear, but they would serve as a legal cover up in many places.

Underwear is more likely to become transparen when wet.

This post was edited

For me the worst part of wearing clothes is having something like a belt around my waist, so I wouldnt like a kilt or loin cloth.I proposed tying a thin cotton cloth (like a pareo, sarong or bandana) round your hips. If you know how to do it, there's no need to tie it cramped, so it doesn't feel like a belt at all. You wear it quite loose around your pelvis. For me the feeling is quite ok both as "just in need" cover-up as also as skirt for casual wear.

Men generally have to tie them tighter than women, because their waist is closer in size to their hips.

This post was edited

Admitted, they are sold as underwear, but you can get thong bikini style and G-string type at Walmart. Don't know what would make these different from something sold as swimwear, but they would serve as a legal cover up in many places.

Thats the thing I dont get. If you have to cover up a pair of shorts work fine, with the added advantage of you dont have to look like a swimwear model to pull it off.

I realise the OP isnt interested in shorts or a sarong or a towel to cover up, like any normal person would, hes one of the few men who would rather tie a piece of string to a small childs sock and use that.

Being a naturist, I think its weird, but its favourite thing to discuss.

This post was edited

Admitted, they are sold as underwear, but you can get thong bikini style and G-string type at Walmart. Don't know what would make these different from something sold as swimwear, but they would serve as a legal cover up in many places.Underwear is more likely to become transparen when wet.

That may be true depending on the color. I have known of white bikinis that have nearly disappeared when wet. My guess is that the type of material makes a difference too, but we were talking about getting to the nude beach from the parking lot and a nudist would not be wearing anything in the water, or if he or she did, would not care about transparency.

This post was edited

Admitted, they are sold as underwear, but you can get thong bikini style and G-string type at Walmart. Don't know what would make these different from something sold as swimwear, but they would serve as a legal cover up in many places.Thats the thing I dont get. If you have to cover up a pair of shorts work fine, with the added advantage of you dont have to look like a swimwear model to pull it off.I realise the OP isnt interested in shorts or a sarong or a towel to cover up, like any normal person would, hes one of the few men who would rather tie a piece of string to a small childs sock and use that.Being a naturist, I think its weird, but its favourite thing to discuss.

I wear a swim brief or gym shorts between the parking lot and the beach.
I have been commenting on what I see some others wearing.

This post was edited

I have used a short sarong for years.
They work well for different reasons. Nude hiking its easy to pull from the belt and rap up quickly. Or take off as you get to the nudist area and put it under my belt. No stepping in to something ! My sandals always get caught up in my shorts.
A friend out at the hiking area, had cut the shorts crotch out. It did look more like a skirt after. But the sarong looks like a sarong. And is lite and airy in a breeze !

This post was edited

I don't think I've ever given much thought to fashion for making a simple transition between parking lot and beach. But I like what was all the rage after the stock market crash and into the great depression. And that rage could use a revival. A wooden barrel, open on both ends, with suspenders. They come in all sizes depending on how much wine you buy, so they fit all body types. No problem getting them on or off either. They just stand there while you hop in with both feet, reach down and raise the suspenders. Reverse the process when you get to the beach and it just stands there waiting until you're ready to leave. Plus, when you go for a swim, it's made of wood and wood floats so it can also be used as a handy dandy PFD. Problem solved. :-)

This post was edited

I don't think I've ever given much thought to fashion for making a simple transition between parking lot and beach. But I like what was all the rage after the stock market crash and into the great depression. And that rage could use a revival. A wooden barrel, open on both ends, with suspenders. They come in all sizes depending on how much wine you buy, so they fit all body types. No problem getting them on or off either. They just stand there while you hop in with both feet, reach down and raise the suspenders. Reverse the process when you get to the beach and it just stands there waiting until you're ready to leave. Plus, when you go for a swim, it's made of wood and wood floats so it can also be used as a handy dandy PFD. Problem solved. :-)

True, but is rather heavy and covers most of the body.

This post was edited

True, but is rather heavy and covers most of the body.
Your barrel's too large. Go down a size or two.

This post was edited