RE: If nudity was legal in your area how soon would you go grocery shopping nude

The first step we would take would be to find other nudist or wannabee nudistsin our area and then get out together. There is power in numbers and soI think that this would be the most effective way in taking a step towards the freedom that we sought.

This post was edited
Nude Grocery Shopping

Right now I wear as little as possible (depending on the weather) when I go shopping. I live in a clothing optional community so being nude in front of others is the norm for me. As for grocery shopping my only problem would be the frozen food section. Would not want to stay there too long.

This post was edited
Shedding the shackles for shopping

If the mores permitted I would, in a heartbeat, go the the shops naked.
Sadly they don't
I wear clothes for two reasons - society's demands and the demands of the weather - when neither pertain I don't.

This post was edited
RE: Shedding the shackles for shopping

Hi Laptoploon, welcome to the site, We're all loons here, so you should fit right in!

Phil.

This post was edited
RE: Shedding the shackles for shopping

I would shop nude, and do anything else I could do nude if it were legal in my town, I would even quit the job have to find one where I could work nude.

This post was edited
Nude in the store

As soon as I need to go! We need to have are own town for all of us to live in.

This post was edited
RE: If nudity was legal in your area how soon would you go grocery shopping nu

"If the laws against nudity were struck down today ..."
nudity would be lawful and, since law reflects the 'mores' of society,
what is lawful should, by nature, be 'socially acceptable'. Of course,
there will always be sections of society who do not agree with bits of
social law but 'thems the breaks' as the old saying goes.
So - if it was lawful I would do it if I felt like it - because as far as I am
concerned true freedom is about choice. I may choose to go naked or I
may choose to dress. The current law restricts my choice - social
control in action!
Ah but what of those who are 'offended' by nudity I hear you ask? My
reply "Learn tolerance, it's good for the spirit" after all, I have had
to when encountering people in matching shell suits, men who wear socks
with sandals, people who dress their dogs, car drivers who wear hats
and other fashion victims. I may shudder but accept their right to
choose.
Love n stuff
Rudie
x

This post was edited
RE: If nudity was legal in your area how soon would you go grocery shopping nu

It seemed like an easy question when I first read it, but after reading the responses of others I can see it is more complicated. I suppose it would be safe to assume that if it were legal then there would be enough improvement in society's tolerance and openness that there wouldn't be as great a risk of offending others. Honestly the idea of going into a store nude where most everyone else was clothed really doesn't bother me much. But as some others mentioned, I wouldn't want to offend others who didn't have the perspective on nudity as I am developing. I think for the most part, nudists are quite respectful and considerate of the feelings of others which is why we seek out locations to enjoy nudity where it is out of view and not offensive to those who don't appreciate it.

This post was edited
nude shopping

It's interesting hownudist feel about offending textile folks but how come it seem folks in the good old USA the land of the free get offended easier than Europeans and others who are very open to public nudity, there are several towns there that you can go shopping, banking and do your business nude in and tons of beaches where nudity doesn't even bat a eye, the USA has a small hand-ful of nude beaches, where did we go wrong.

This post was edited
Except in the winter

Absolutely except when it's cold. Here in upstate NY It'll be cold for awhile. Our governor would probably put a tax on it though.

This post was edited