RE: Doctor visits

My GP spends more time on his computer than he does checking me out. This is starting to annoy me. I don't mind being naked or poked and prodded in the doctor's office; isn't that what is supposed to happen. He does the prostate check once a year, but, he seems to hate it (he's rough and hurried unlike the MD I had before who was just matter of fact about it) and asks if I think we need to do it. Had the dermatologist do the full body search with my boxers on and never bothered to look under them. How do you find a doc that is willing to have you undressed and really look?

This post was edited

In the San Bernardino, California area I visit a female Dermatologist and afemale Primary Care
Physician . Both conduct complete physicals and body check while I
am nude. Do not understand how a Doctor can examine anyone if they
are wearing clothes.

This post was edited

For my yearly exams the nurse has me strip down to undershorts and the doc has me pull them down for testicular exam as well as prostate exam. Several years ago I had a female doc and it was the same.
My dacs care far more about my Cholesterol level and Blood Pressure than anything else.

This post was edited

Like many I don't understand the paper gown thing. We went to the wife's Gyno appt. Nurse hands her a paper gown, told to take her clothes off and put this on. Dr. comes in having to move it out of the way for her complete exam.
I must be missing something cause I don't get it.

This post was edited

Like many I don't understand the paper gown thing. We went to the wife's Gyno appt. Nurse hands her a paper gown, told to take her clothes off and put this on. Dr. comes in having to move it out of the way for her complete exam. I must be missing something cause I don't get it.Here's the explanation my wife got:
Most doctor's offices and exam rooms are air conditioned ... even in the winter! The temps in the rooms can be a little chilly and when people visit the doctor's office, they can be nervous, which can cause them to become a bit more chilled. Having someone strip naked and lay on a cold exam table is not comfortable for the patient and blankets would need to be laundered after each and every use ... no matter if the patient before was naked or not. Paper gowns offer a fewthings, minimal coverage for some warmth and modesty and less expense for the doctor's. She was also told that no doctor is going to take the chance that a patient accuses them of anything inappropriate during the visit and having a patient completely naked is, most times, unnecessary. But I'm sure most here are aware of this.
With both our dermatologist and primary doctors, their knowledge of our being nudists has been a plus for them and for us. Both have said that if it is necessary for them to exam our entire body, they know that we are comfortable with being nude and being nude with them. Our dermatologist has told us that she has many patients that are uncomfortable and sometimes unwilling to exam portions of their body, even though they have a concern about something in that area.
At any rate ... doctor's offices and exam rooms are always cold. I guess they think a paper gown is better than being naked! :D

This post was edited

AH! Thanks Andy

This post was edited

I don't know if it is from his training or the fact that he is from the middle east, but my doctor seems to be more uncomfortable with full nudity than I am. I am usually asked to strip to my underwear and offered a gown. I sometimes indicate that I really don't need it and that seems to be OK. But the doctor will ask me to lie on my back for an abdominal exam and placefolded blanket over my pubic area even though I am wearing my briefs. When doing the prostate exam, he prefers to have me on my side and just slip the shorts down. This last time, I just took them off. It was easier than struggling with them and easier to clean up the excess lubricant.
The dermatologists will have me strip to my underwear and then pull the waist band out to do their visual exam. I suppose I could offer to strip completely if it made things easier for them.
The gowns are a joke, they tend to fall off or get in the way and I end up sitting there with this pile of cloth in my lap.

This post was edited

Just how undressed does your doctor require you to bewhen you have a checkup? I am overdue to have one, butI do remember other than a very brief drop my trousers for theprostatecheck I was fully clothed in street clothes. It seems to me that if a doctor wanted to do a thorough examof your body and health more should be uncoveredJust curious whatexperiences others have had.thanks
My doctor has me fully undress. I'll stand there nude while
he does his thing. Then sometimes, we'll carry on a
conversation while I'm still nude. It doesn't bother me in
the least.

This post was edited

I just did my annual physical and was told to strip to my skivvies and put on that paper robe. I told the nurse that I didn't wear underwear and she no problem, you still have to wear the robe. I did and the exam went on without a hitch.

This post was edited

At my last doctors visit, the only article of clothing had me remove was my socks! He listened to my heart and everything through my shirt. It was really strange. How could this be an effective checkup? I'm fair skinned too and need to keep up with any skin damage.

This post was edited