Doctor visits

Just how undressed does your doctor require you to be when you have a checkup? I am overdue to have one, but I do remember other than a very brief drop my trousers for the prostatecheck I was fully clothed in street clothes. It seems to me that if a doctor wanted to do a thorough exam of your body and health more should be uncoveredJust curious what experiences others have had.thanks

This topic was edited
RE: Doctor visits

I have a female "Primary Care Giver" and a female Dermatologist. I have a male Urologist.Allhave me strip completely nude during a complete examination. Anything less is just plain dumb. If your nude body offends your doctor, find a new doctor.

This post was edited

I agree with the statement that your doctor SHOULD expect you to be nude for a complete check-up. I did switch doctors when my physician felt he did not need to inspect my skin, genitals, and do a hernia exam.

This post was edited

It's been a long time since a doctor did a real, physical, exam for me. They seem mostly to focus on their keyboards. I had a severe prostate infection a couple of years ago, and saw two doctors, one of which diagnosed the flu, the other of which diagnosed correctly. Neither of them examined me, or even so much as touched me. When I went in for a colonoscopy, they seemed to want me to fuss with the silly robe, which I did (although obviously once I was under anesthesia they set it aside, so they must have thought the robe was for my benefit.)

This post was edited

Maybe if my doc years ago had had me remove my clothes he might not have told me what he did.I was sent to him by the company nurse who thought I might have bronchitis. My doc confirmed that I didthen proceeded to tell me what bronchitis is. And i quote " it is an inflammation around your uterus"and kept going. I think my startled look made him stop. I asked him if it had been a long day. His reply " it was a long night"it was 3 in the afternoon. Needless to say I never thought I would hear those words from my doctor.

This post was edited

For most exams ... it really isn't necessary for the patient to be completely naked but in some cases ... sure and you want a doctor that isn't uncomfortable with nudity. I got lucky, finally, and found a doctor that we absolutely love. The office staff are another issue altogether but the doctor , she is awesome. Open, honest, frank discussions with her about anything and everything and she has made it clear that she thoroughly enjoys us as patients because we are not afraid to talk to her and be open and honest. She also loves that we are comfortable with nudity because she says it's awkward and difficult to be with patients that are so afraid of nudity and she sometimes has a difficult time doing a procedure or test completely or correctly and has told those patients ... "if you don't allow me access, I can't do my job!"
But I've had my share of issues with medical staff while having many procedures and tests done. The fact that I didn't wear underwear had a male MRI tech so outta sorts that I had to demand another tech do the procedure. They sent in a female and she and I talked and she said ... "don't pay any attention to him, he's weird!" and that was about a co worker! She then said, "if you're comfortable with being partially exposed at certain times, I'm just fine with it as well." I had to have the procedure done again about 6 months later and when I made the appointment, I made sure she was going to do it ... and she did.
Our dermatologist is also female and knows that we are nudists and also loves that we are so comfortable with being naked. She still puts a paper blanket over us but we all laugh because by the time the full body exams are over, the blankets are usually on the floor. She also asks that we are in each others exams so she can ask us questions about each others body. "Is this mole new? Has this spot always been there?" She's said ... "I wish all my married or couple patients were as open as you both are. You'd be surprised how little couples know about each other."

This post was edited

Most of my military career, I have be accustomed to undressing down to my underwear and if nude, I am given a paper gown. It doesn't matter if its male or female, its all the same to me. Usually if given the gown, it usually ends up on the floor or table after 10-15 minutes simply because those are uncomfortable and its easier to be completely naked for the doctor to do the exam. There is nothing the doctors haven't seen so Im fine with it.

This post was edited

I have a female "Primary Care Giver" and a female Dermatologist. I have a male Urologist.Allhave me strip completely nude during a complete examination. Anything less is just plain dumb. If your nude body offends your doctor, find a new doctor.What a small world. My situation here in Italy is exactly the same. Two females: primary and dermatologist and male urologist. (All free I might add) And half of my hematologists are male and half female. No clothes when it's a full exam in any case.

This post was edited

most of my doc visits do not require a complete strip. however once or twice a year when i have afull medical or if the doc wants me to remove cloths, i do strip. SO far it has always been a male doc and sometimes a female nurse

This post was edited

I will get as Naked/Nude as the doctor wants me to be.Been there, done that. Ain't scared and have the Doctor's Bill to prove it LoL ;-)

This post was edited

I had a checkup and while I was ready to get naked, my doc did it in sections - shirt off, then on, pants off, then on... I thought that was weird but oh well. At least we checked everything.

This post was edited