RE: Why are you shaved?

I'm NOT shaven and I never will be by choice. I don't prefer the look of it (men have hair, boys don't) - but if you do, more power to you and shave all you want. But what disturbs me is when people say "shaven is cleaner". Bull - clean is cleaner. The implication that hair is dirty is absurd - it is no dirtier than any other part of the body that isn't maintained. By the way, shaving because you have grey hair? Really? Would you shave your head because you have grey hair?
Well said. I too am unshaved and plan to staythat way. Not sure how shaving got so popular in the nudist community but think "being natural" would include not altering one's body appearanceby stripping it of hair. As far as being cleaner...Please. We nudists shower and cleanse ourselves. It's not rocket science!

This post was edited

Not sure how shaving got so popular in the nudist community but think "being natural" would include not altering one's body appearanceby stripping it of hair. As far as being cleaner...Please. We nudists shower and cleanse ourselves. It's not rocket science!I'm not sure how it got popular in the nudists community either and your right cleanliness is clean not shaving but people do tend to look at a bearded man and sometimes unless it is very neat the term scruffy tends to apply. I am shaved by the way, I prefer the look and feel and my wife and our friends prefer it that way also.

This post was edited

Because it feels good and I can actually see my pennis under all those weeds lol . . .

This post was edited

I am wondering why some men prefer to shave their pubic hair. I know some will say because they like to look, feel etc, or their significant other likes the look/feel etc. But, especially for the older nudists, I wonder how many shave to hide the fact that they are getting gray down there and are trying to remail youthful looking.Just a thought.I myself have trimmed before, but not shaved at I don't forsee enjoying the maintenance of being shaved, i,e, I am too lazy.Thoughts?I am not shaved but am considering it. I like the look of men when their genitals are shaved. My wife has mentioned it a couple of times and I think I'll shave my pubic hair soon. A little nervous about shaving my sack...afraid I'll nick myself and it'll hurt like hell! =P Any tips or thoughts?

This post was edited

This topic and many others like it have been discussed over and over again and in every single discussion ... at times it gets negative and really dumb things are stated.First: I agree, clean is clean ... dirty is dirty, ... smelly is smelly. It doesn't matter if you got a full bush or are as smooth as a newborns butt. If you're clean, you're clean, smell clean. If you sweat ... your gonna smell dirty whether you've got pubic hair or not! Its a fact and there's no argument.Next: I think one of the dumbest things I read from guys and gals on naturist message boards on this topic is; I want a man to look like and man and not a boy. I want a woman to look like a woman and not a little girl. IF you can't tell the difference between a man and a little boy and a woman from a little girl and you are basing it solely on pubic hair ... you've got some real issues!Lastly: Shaving or not shaving has and always will be a personal choice. Your choice to do it can be ... fashion, trend, experimental, dislike for hair period, sexual, to please your significant other, ... whatever the reason is ... it's a choice and it's YOUR choice not anyone elses and it's pretty lame for nudists to cast negative remarks on other nudists just because they don't do what other naturists do when it comes to "grooming."Get over it, get passed it and discuss it with respect and civility. Lord knows we have enough disrespect and uncivilness around us and against our lifestyle. It's a shame we have to act like that towards each other.:)

This post was edited

This topic and many others like it have been discussed over and over again and in every single discussion ... at times it gets negative and really dumb things are stated.First: I agree, clean is clean ... dirty is dirty, ... smelly is smelly. It doesn't matter if you got a full bush or are as smooth as a newborns butt. If you're clean, you're clean, smell clean. If you sweat ... your gonna smell dirty whether you've got pubic hair or not! Its a fact and there's no argument.Next: I think one of the dumbest things I read from guys and gals on naturist message boards on this topic is; I want a man to look like and man and not a boy. I want a woman to look like a woman and not a little girl. IF you can't tell the difference between a man and a little boy and a woman from a little girl and you are basing it solely on pubic hair ... you've got some real issues!Lastly: Shaving or not shaving has and always will be a personal choice. Your choice to do it can be ... fashion, trend, experimental, dislike for hair period, sexual, to please your significant other, ... whatever the reason is ... it's a choice and it's YOUR choice not anyone elses and it's pretty lame for nudists to cast negative remarks on other nudists just because they don't do what other naturists do when it comes to "grooming."Get over it, get passed it and discuss it with respect and civility. Lord knows we have enough disrespect and uncivilness around us and against our lifestyle. It's a shame we have to act like that towards each other.:)Well said!

This post was edited

I have shaved since I first started getting pubic hair. It was a preference thing for me. It just felt like it was the right thing to do. I remember the first time I shaved. Once I had the house to myself I got naked (which was the usual thing for me to do), got the razor, warm water and soap and off it all came. As I progressed through school I stayed smooth and often thought to myself what my school firends would say/do if they knew I was smooth let alone a nudist.My wife also shaved for a while (although she is not a nudist), however she has stopped now. As I have got older (anda bit fatter) I have become a bit lazy and now keep it trimmed very short. Every so often I do shave and when I do I realise just how good it looks and feels. I never been a lover of pubic hair and think that smooth is the best. Everyone should try it.

This post was edited

True at 55 im going grey just about everywhere,a nd colour has nothing to do withg it,but I dont shave I wax and have done so for years.A trip to the waxer every couple of months keeps me smooth just the way I like it. Its not for everyone I agree and any woman will tell you it can hurt put the pain only lasts a couple of seconds then im smooth no porickle re growth to deal with just soft hair till my next visit.How much is such a trip to waxing]? Is it cost effective vs. a cheap can of shave cream?

This post was edited

Iwas shaved there for the first time when 17 yrs oldfor an operation, by a nurse. At first I felt it to be wierd and it didn't grow out for some time. In retrospect I remember kind of liking it because I had alot of hair there.
Shaving accents the area by revealing it. Living in Florida it is usually hot and muggy. I find it to be cooler, cleaner, and more attractive to myself and others. I am actually shaved allover except for my head and forearms. Shaved legs feel much cleaner and cooler.
Athletes of several sports shave legs and other parts of body for various reasons, such swimmers, wrestlers, body builders and bicyclists (I am an avid cyclist), to name a few.
If you want to grow hair just let it grow. I definitely prefer shaved. It is a daily chore but if done daily in shower is no big deal and easier. So to sum it up..... Shaved is for me cooler, cleaner and more attractive.

This post was edited

Well, I'm 47 and I love that my partner has her pubic area waxed. What's good for thegoose is good for the gander, I suppose. Additionally, I love the way it looks and feels. Furthermore, I go for the waxing myself - I'm too lazy to shave everyday and hate the stubble and the occasionalnick.

This post was edited