RE: Why are you shaved?

Part of the reason these topics keep cropping up is because it's damn near impossible to search the forums in a meaningful way to see if someone has asked the question before.
As for me, I started shaving down there a few years ago off and on. Last year, I bought the Tria Laser system. I only got a handfull of treatments in before the tan got too dark, but noticed a significant slowing of hair growth. I have just started the treatments again, and hope by summer I will only need the occasional shave.
I think it looks better/cleaner, and is cooler. To each his/her own though.
john AKA cobeachbum

This post was edited

I started shaving because my pubic hair would get caught and so I removed it and have kept it up because I like the feel. Over time I have just wished it would be gone permanately but I don't have the capital to have the permanate thing done so just shave. Someday when I win publishers clearing house I will do it...lol.

This post was edited

I understand that, as a newbie, you'd want to ask a question regarding a few things but ... it's really easy to do a search and see if the question has been asked or discussed. Shaved, shaving, smooth ... all those can be searched and you'd be surprised just how many topics there are since this site started. They aren't dumb questions, for newbies, but because they are always popping up with every new guy that joins ... you're gonna get "veteran" male nudists to be less than enthusiastic about responding to them or responding in a postive way. Good luck with your decision to shave, trim or leave it the way it is/was.

This post was edited

I must say I am surprised by the number of comments I have gotten on this thread. Definitely some varying opinions out there.
I have since tried shaving, and as I suspected i did not care for the maintenance and the chancing of an ingrown hair. So that lasted a week. heh.
I do still trim on occasion, maybe a couple times a year, but the main reason I do not is because I have slightly hairy thighs, and if I complete shaved the pubic area, the hairy thighs would stand out and look goofy i think. So for the most part I just let nature takes its course.
Stay naked!

This post was edited

I don't have much pubic hair so look better smooth

This post was edited

I am wondering why some men prefer to shave their pubic hair. I know some will say because they like to look, feel etc, or their significant other likes the look/feel etc. But, especially for the older nudists, I wonder how many shave to hide the fact that they are getting gray down there and are trying to remail youthful looking.Just a thought.I myself have trimmed before, but not shaved at I don't forsee enjoying the maintenance of being shaved, i,e, I am too lazy.Thoughts?I first started to trim my pubes and liked how it was easier to maintain. I first shaved it when I saw a friend's shaved dick and pubes. His dick looked bigger when shaved, so I tried it. I also experienced razor burn, so I started to trim short, and shave the base of my shaft, and my low hanging balls. It feels better. I hate hair on the shaft of my penis, when it grows I feel that my penis is smaller. Like most men, I like to make the most of what I have :) - Sometimes I let it grow, but other times I trim it down. I find especially when I masterbate, if it's long the hair gets a lot of cum in it. Easier to clean up if it's short.

This post was edited

I never thought about it until a couple of years ago, when I met a gal who preferred to give me a BJ with less hair...so I immediately did a trim job...lol...
Now I quite like the feel of nude nuts...current GF doesn't really care...

This post was edited

to each it's own said the farmer as he kissed his cow......
who cares if you do or don't
it's your thing do what you want to do i can't tell ya what shave it to
ok bad ha-ha just had to (-:

This post was edited

Looks like the guys here are sharing their reasons for shaving, or better yet, being bare down there, regardless of the methodology.
24 years of smooth man parts for me. Saw an amateur self picture of a guy in an obscure magazine who had totally hairless genitals. Back then it was a shocking sight. Nonetheless, I was fascinated by the unobscured view, how nice it looked compared to the hairy groins I was accustomed to seeing. And if anybody had a hairy and unattractive mess down there, it was me. So a week later I got up the nerve to shave my penis and scrotum. (At that time I did not trimmed the surrounding hair, which I started trimming a few years later.) When I was done and checked the results in the floor length mirror, I was very happy I had so. I actually looked cleaner. Also, I felt better about being seen naked. Yes, my bush was that unattractive! Since then I have also come to enjoy the more naked feeling of being smooth.
By shaving, I also got two other benefits. One, no more hairs getting caught in condoms. Two, no more hairs getting tangled and knotted together. When that happened, the pain of a hair being slowly tugged out by the root was very sharp.

This post was edited

whatever floats your boat thats what matters

This post was edited