RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

Then again, there are many stories here is those that were hesitant but felt it of place while they kept their clothes on. Once they got their courage up and stripped off, they got comfortable with the idea quickly!

This post was edited

homeclothesfree wrote:For some people, it may take more than three or four visits to adjust to the new situation, particularly if they've come from a background of puritanism or sexual abuse. I'd rather tell them, "Be comfortable with us. When you're ready, you're ready."

I personally know of only one situation, where someone was so badly scarred and crippled in a car accident - and very self-conscious about it - that she was given a "pass" on undressing. But then again this was at a small C/O non-landed club, where the owner could take an individualized approach on a "case-by-case" basis. I believe it took several years before she summoned the courage just to go topless. A non-landed club may well be the best venue for someone dealing with emotional/physical trauma.

My only question would be: would she have taken that much time if a non-coercive timeline or condition had been presented to her? Of course it's impossible to tell. And I'm not advocating "forcing" anything on anyone.

Based on my personal experience, the desire to "fit in" can be a powerful motivator. My wife, on her first resort trip, was not particularly "inclined" to undress. But she wanted to get in the hot-tub; and the only way to get there was to enter the "nude-mandatory" pool area. So her decision to get naked was based on its practicality, and the idea that she could just "blend in" and remain innocuous by being naked like everyone else; even if just briefly to access the hot-tub. The "fun" aspect of it would kick in a little later. That seems to be a common experience for many first-time women; no matter what level of body-acceptance they might possess.

But I understand this process becomes much more complex when there is pre-existing trauma involved. Would an empathetic "push" help such a person; or would it send them running back to the car? Well that's going to depend on a lot of factors. But I do feel that it's up to the person to be totally transparent at check-in about their "readiness" and emotional state. An astute and empathetic manager/attendant can then make recommendations based on that person's individual needs.

Just a thought...

This post was edited

It isnt just whether or not they will undress or not, CO vs nude mandatory affects whether someone new will go to the club or resort in the first place. If they are nervous but willing to at least see what it is all about if they can maintain some feeling of safety they might go, but if they knew would be required to be nude right from the start I think its less likely.

This post was edited

By nudony:

But I do feel that it's up to the person to be totally transparent at check-in about their "readiness" and emotional state. An astute and empathetic manager/attendant can then make recommendations based on that person's individual needs.

Probably won't fly, but perhaps reception can hand out buttons to the reluctant to pin on their clothing, featuring a cartoon chicken and the caption "I'm too chicken to go nude just yet!" Want to remove the button? Everything else goes with it! :-D

This post was edited

Probably won't fly, but perhaps reception can hand out buttons to the reluctant to pin on their clothing, featuring a cartoon chicken and the caption "I'm too chicken to go nude just yet!" Want to remove the button? Everything else goes with it! :-D

Right. Humiliate people the moment they walk into the door. Sounds like a great way to introduce people to nudism.

This post was edited

RockHavenlodge.com.

This post was edited

Probably won't fly, but perhaps reception can hand out buttons to the reluctant to pin on their clothing, featuring a cartoon chicken and the caption "I'm too chicken to go nude just yet!" Want to remove the button? Everything else goes with it! :-DRight. Humiliate people the moment they walk into the door. Sounds like a great way to introduce people to nudism.

Imagine that that right force someone to fit in or look at the situation through my eyes or humiliate them thats such a strong motivator.

If we stopped making it about getting naked and focused on all the other things like the community the connection with mature - take into consideration how people actually change we might be actually encourage more people to adopt the way of life. But we are stuck on get naked so the rest of the world will read only there experiences into that and since for many that is negative we wont reach many

This post was edited

The closest resort to me is for men only. It is 100% clothing optional -- it is not a nudist resort. By that I mean, it is ok to be nude throughout the resort -- even in the registration office and cafe. But it is also ok to be clothed throughout the resort -- even in the pool, sauna, and hot tub.

Each visitor decides whether or not to wear clothing. Although most of the men in the pool and pool area are nude, some swim in shorts. Some guys use the hot tub with shorts on.

Although my preference would be for everyone to be nude all the time while at the resort, the goal is to allow each man decide what is comfortable for himself. Many of the men who visit the resort are textiles and are uncomfortable being nude. If they were required to be nude, they would likely not visit the resort -- lost revenue.

This post was edited

Does anyone ever stop to ask why they care if others are nude when their own freedom to experience their own natural state is unimpugned?Why does their nakedness or non-nakedness impact your own? Why do you demand their nakedness? Why do they owe it to you to be naked? Do you claim some right over their body? Is it some banal game of "I showed you mine now show me yours"? What possible noble reason is there for you to demand that someone else remove their clothing around you?Is not their holding no claims against your freedom to be nude good enough?Try this then. Don a blindfold, then be nude. Experience nudism as a blind person, find out if it's the state of being your natural self that you're after, or if your motivations are something unworthy and selfish.

You make a good point. I personally do not care if I am the only nude among the clothed, though I have not had that experience very often. Should others want to join me at being clothes free, that's fine too. One thing that must be taken into consideration is that if a place that allows nudity among the clothed becomes more popular with the clothed, the freedom to be nude might just be taken away.

This post was edited

Nudeyooper said:
You make a good point. I personally do not care if I am the only nude among the clothed, though I have not had that experience very often. Should others want to join me at being clothes free, that's fine too. One thing that must be taken into consideration is that if a place that allows nudity among the clothed becomes more popular with the clothed, the freedom to be nude might just be taken away.
On the flip side, if textiles get more used to seeing nudists and realize the nudity is not causing people to go blind or whatever, its possible that nudity might start being allowed on more places.

This post was edited