RE: If ya gotta wear a swimsuit, baggy pants or speedo?

I prefer a speedo but due to the stigma I rarely wearone on a public beach. I finally found some tight fitting sq leg suits that while they may look more like they're for the "gay" crowd, (sorry, not trying to stereotype)they are a nice alternative. Swimoutlet sold them onlinelast season, but I didn't see a listing for them this year.
If I can't go nude they're my second option.
I do wear my speedo around the resort pools for tanning purposes though. They can get over it.

This post was edited

... I finally found some tight fitting sq leg suits that while they may look more like they're for the "gay" crowd, (sorry, not trying to stereotype) ...

Sigh...

Where does this come from?

This post was edited

Just noting that almost anytime you see a gay festival type crowd a lot of the guys are in tight fittinghigh legged shorts. Don't believe me, do a search and look at the posted pictures.
Sorry, but that's what they look like and I've never see straight guys wear stuff like that in public. Just stating a fact.
For a swim suit they're fine though.

This post was edited
RE: Speedos

florida-david i have been to several state parks in georgia and wore a speedo one i actually got a good response from other swimmers but at one i was wearing a gray almost white one that was a little transparent when i put my towel down and took off my shorts to sunbathe a lady nearby was so annoyed she went and brought back a park ranger to investigate needless to say he didn't even say anything to me but told her he saw nothing wrong with my bathing suit and left needless to say the beach was crowded with women in revealing bikinis and i know he would have a problem if he told me to cover up cause everyone would have to coverup, needless to say the lady left. as for smoking i don't see it much at beaches must have been a bad day.
That remind me of a silly rule that is instigated at my gym. No underwear is allowed in the pool area only shorts/speedos and female one-pieces/bikinis. This may sound okay, but the only people who I have experienced trying to wear underwear (usually boxers) have been men. Bearing in mind that most pairs of Men's boxers cover more than most bikini bottoms. They leave the wearer's arse cheeks hanging out . Not that the staff get many complaints about the size of bikini bottoms.

This post was edited
RE: Speedos

I gotta ask...when it comes to undergarments, what do you prefer?

1. Commando
2. Briefs
3. Boxers

You should also state if you prefer speeds, board shorts, or normal swim trunks. I am interested in seeing the correlation.

This post was edited
RE: none of the above if I can help it.

A similar comment can be made about the females who let it all hang out by wearing cropped tops; unfortunately it is more often than not the ones whose only work out is in a bar lifting weights, rather than doing crunch exercises.

This post was edited
RE: Speedo

I generally wear trunks (trunks as in the the form-fitting kind with just a tiny bit of leg). Regular swimmers are annoying as they always get air bubbles, or ride up into uncomfortable positions. Plus I used to swim a lot, and its a huge difference in how easy it is to swim with form-fitting trunks vs regular baggy swim shorts.
I have a regular bikini style speedo, but rarely wear it due to the reactions from some people. Trunks seem to be a good middle ground.
To answer LifeHappens' question above (correlation to underwear), I also wear trunks (option: not on the list. similar to boxer-briefs). Similar reasons, boxers bunch up and dont keep 'things' in control, but briefs are a bit too restrictive.

This post was edited

I agree with you canoodler. I prefer speedo bikini or the midcut. While in the military and my ship was in for a few days in Hawaii, I was the only one in our group to wear one and you would swear they saw a clown. But when the videos were shown at our group's get together, their wives were like ooo-ing and ahhh-ing. So since I can not go completely nude in some places, I prefer the speedo. Worked very well while we were in Italy and in Malta.
Let me know if you will be in the Pensacola, FL area some day...

This post was edited
RE: Board shorts

I would wear just a regular bathing suit on a textile beach. One person said he would wear a sock to cover the tackle on a public beach. I would say that person is an exhibitionist wanting attention of some kind. Poor image for real nudist.

This post was edited

Just noting that almost anytime you see a gay festival type crowd a lot of the guys are in tight fittinghigh legged shorts. Don't believe me, do a search and look at the posted pictures.Sorry, but that's what they look like and I've never see straight guys wear stuff like that in public. Just stating a fact.For a swim suit they're fine though.

Those festivals you speak of are the exception and not the rule. And if you have never seen guys wearing them, then you have never been to southeast Florida.

This post was edited