RE: If ya gotta wear a swimsuit, baggy pants or speedo?

I thought it was mostly a California or USA thing to wear those "board-shorts", but I guess they're popular all over. I think styles just change, but also, it's a stupid reaction to their crotch (and all the way down to their knees), from being seen. Part of it is anti-gay, I think. As for me, I don't really like the "speedo-type (brand name) bikini shorts for men. There's not much room for guys' parts. There are types of bikini swimsuits that do have more room, a pouch, that are more masculine.
I like to wear running shorts, much shorter than board shorts, and still can be work on the Street. The thin material that they're made from feels and looks good too!

This post was edited

If I have to wear a swimsuit i will wear a G-string.

This post was edited

a little off topic but i was watching a news show the other day and they were talking about men short getting shorter again, i don't get the shorts deal down to the ankle look or even to the knee, don't want them to my crotch but give me a break , females have a ton of selection from at the crotch down past the knee. people need to get over this gay thing with the speedos or bikini suits if thats the case all women wearing bikinis must be gay to, people especially us americans have way to many hangups.

This post was edited

Summer time is here, I was wearing my speedo at my local Y. Many girls think is gross, I looking at them, its ok for them to wear binkini but its not ok for me. Not fair at all. I have seem couple straight guys wearing their speedo with their girlfriend. so when guy wear speedo does not mean they are gay!. straight men do wear speedo or thong too.

This post was edited
Speedos all the way

I was on a swim team as a kid and have continued with swimming as my main form of exercise as an adult, so I've been wearing Speedos all my life. Love 'em. Can't imagine doing my workout in anything besides my tight briefs -- certainly not board shorts. I tried once and I felt like I was wearing a burka.
As for the beach, I basically don't go to textile beaches. Either I go where I can go nude or not at all.

This post was edited
If you got to wear a swimsuit...

Speedos if I have to, I think I have a pair somewhere; can't remeber the last time I used them

This post was edited
RE: If you got to wear a swimsuit...

I don't know which parts of Europe you folks are talking about, but in England Speedos are considered a definite no no. Admittedly I only do my swimming at a gym, but the vast majority wear shorts. It tends to be the East Europeans who go for the dreaded speedos.

This post was edited
RE: Speedos

speedo here.
At the lake at Indian Springs State Park outside Atlanta, I embarrased my son and his friend as i was the only guy wearinga speedo. Most people there were obese, so i figured the pasty white guy in the speedo probably still looked better than them in their cut-off jeans. Does everyone in Georgia smoke, or was it my un-lucky day. I did wrap myself in a towel when i was not in the water.

This post was edited
RE: Speedos

florida-david i have been to several state parks in georgia and wore a speedo one i actually got a good response from other swimmers but at one i was wearing a gray almost white one that was a little transparent when i put my towel down and took off my shorts to sunbathe a lady nearby was so annoyed she went and brought back a park ranger to investigate needless to say he didn't even say anything to me but told her he saw nothing wrong with my bathing suit and left needless to say the beach was crowded with women in revealing bikinis and i know he would have a problem if he told me to cover up cause everyone would have to coverup, needless to say the lady left. as for smoking i don't see it much at beaches must have been a bad day.

This post was edited

I used to wear speedosmany years ago but the looks and comments I always got just wasn't worth it. So I wore shorts. I still have a decent length short to wear if I have to. But the only place I do any swimming anymore is on my land so the problem is solved! :)
I prefer Speedos!

This post was edited