RE: If ya gotta wear a swimsuit, baggy pants or speedo?

I find it amazing that in 2010 Speedos are not considered appropiate and boardshorts seem to be the prefered swuimsuit for men. When I was younger everyone wore either Speedos or normal swim trunks. During Spring break in the sixties many male college students wore Speedos and it was considered quite normal.
Ironically, thongs are worn by many men in south Florida, especially in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. https://www.beachndance.com/In addition it is not uncommon for men to wear cock socks both on textilebeaches and for walking/running and bicycling in public as well while simply enjoying a drink at an outdoor cafe. I have purchased and worn many Banana Peelz https://bananapeelz.com suits in public while in South Florida without a problem. Here are some photos of agentlemanwearing both thongs as well as a cock sock in South Florida. https://www.flickr.com/photos/7989287@N08/page2/I am not quite sure why he is wearing a bungee cord suit with his cock sock, perhaps it is so as to give theillusionthat he is wearing a thong. I can assure you however that a cock sock alone isperfectlyacceptable as well as legal to wear anywhere in public while in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami south Florida area. As long as yourgenitalsare covered you may wear what you please and still be in fullcompliancewith the law. Surely, if one may wear a cock sock then it should be perfectly acceptable to wear a Speedo.

I have links for informational purposes only because they are on topic and serve to prove my point. I have absolutely no affiliation with these sites.

This post was edited

why do we call it a speedo instead of a bikini its cut the same way as what a female wears.

This post was edited

the other day i went fishing at the state park , while motoring around i saw to females sunbathing on the rocks wearing their bikini's and wondered how long it would take for the park police to arrive if that was me in my bathing suit sunning instead of them. yes you know there is a double standard..

This post was edited
Board shorts

I must dissent from the whole here. If I must wear anything to the beach it will be board shorts for relaxation. I have yet to find a bikini/Speedo that fits comfortably. I have no issue with thongs, but in many places they are not allowed. Now, if I were competing again I would overcome the discomfort and wear the Speedo. I just enjoy the freedom of the board shorts.

This post was edited
Speedo's for me

I could never wear baggie pants, if I have to wear anything it would be speedo

This post was edited

watching tv this afternoon and they had a program on about beaches and the topic was bathing suit and the ladies in their bikinis were talking about men bathing suits bikini/speedos or board shorts, needless to say a young guy in great shape walked by in a bikini/speedo and they all went ugh ! and said they didn't like it all hanging out on males and all seemed to prefer the board shorts, my wife also watching said idiots referring to the females. when we go to the beach or pool and i need to wear a bathing suit its always a bikini/speedo and even though i could lose some weight never wants me in board shorts. i still don't understand the double standard, when they say they don't like to see it all hanging out have they ever looked down at what they have hanging out. i apperciate the europeon outlook on the human body far more than us americans we have a lot of hangups.

This post was edited

watching tv this afternoon and they had a program on about beaches and the topic was bathing suit and the ladies in their bikinis were talking about men bathing suits bikini/speedos or board shorts, needless to say a young guy in great shape walked by in a bikini/speedo and they all went ugh ! and said they didn't like it all hanging out on males and all seemed to prefer the board shorts, my wife also watching said idiots referring to the females. when we go to the beach or pool and i need to wear a bathing suit its always a bikini/speedo and even though i could lose some weight never wants me in board shorts. i still don't understand the double standard, when they say they don't like to see it all hanging out have they ever looked down at what they have hanging out. i apperciate the europeon outlook on the human body far more than us americans we have a lot of hangups.
Hey Gabare, I'm totally agree with you, Just got back from Hong Kong China, bikini speedo is common in asia as well. I think americans do have alot of hangups with a human body. Hope that will change 1 day.

This post was edited

we go backward as the rest of the world springs ahead, maybe i need to relocate..

This post was edited

Speedos if I have to - as close to nude as possible/allowed

This post was edited
boardies at the beach, budgies at the pool

In Australia the implicit rule is boardies at the beach and stickers (speedos, dick stickers, budgie smuglers) at the pool... and preferably neither when you can!

This post was edited