RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

problem with a set temperature for required nudity would be that different people feel the cold at different temps, and 70F when it's cloudy with a good breeze can be too cold, while 60F with no wind and strong sun can feel quite warm. But I do like the Nudity Expected, Clothing Discouraged policy, as it encourages newcomers to feel they're following the rules of the place to be stripped even if everyone isn't. At least it made me feel better about it the first time I went. Once I got used to it it didn't matter any more. Nude was just normal everyday life like when I work my garden back in the woods. Unfortunately the resort is staying closed all year so there will be no vists this year to the close one. We'll wait and see if opportunity presents to go somewhere else.

This post was edited

i agree, the level playing field should be feeling of comfort and acceptance, not amount of clothing. i choose to be fully nude because that's what makes me happy.

This post was edited

I don't mind if someone one the next lounger has a swim suit on. I don't, and that's their loss. I plan to enjoy my vacation naked.

This post was edited

The Nudist Campground I go to in Upstate NY has a policy that it is Clothing Optional for most areas.
I prefer full nudity, but I am fine with others comfort level.

The pool however requires complete nudity. I think this is great!

Most people seem to be fine with these rules.

This post was edited

I go to Gunnison Beach in the summer. On weekends that parking lot fills fast, like 10 AM. I typically wait and go around 330 PM. When I get there, maybe 20% are wearing some sort of clothing. I think it should be nudity required so it will free up some more parking for those who want to be nude.

This post was edited

I have never been to a resort,, but on many beaches.

On the most official nude beaches is everybody naked, except people walking by over the beach. I don't care about this walkers, sometimes i suprise the walkers and go for a swim so i have to cross their way. Girls (15-20 years old) donot know where to look.

On not offical beaches there is a mix of nude and i donot mind. On that beaches i stay away from clothed people, but when i go for a swim someting i have to pass them. I donot mind, and they also not.

This post was edited

I was put off visiting Euronat in my earlier naturist years because the bye-law extract on the web site included:
All users must adopt total nudity in all parts of the centre, including the shopping mall.

However I now realise that this is honoured as much in the breach as the observance but am thankful it exists because it gives me confidence to remain naked in restaurants when everybody else is dressed.

This post was edited

To the best of my recollection, all the "traditional" hetero nudist clubs I've visited over the past 50+ years have been clothing-optional, except when around or in the swimming pool. My personal preference was to be nude all the time but I understand why some might not choose to be. I have visited several gay nudist clubs/events and they were nudity-required and I felt that it was entirely appropriate to insist on that policy.

This post was edited

I prefer clothing free, as there seems to be a more friendly and inclusive atmosphere. I started out going to a clothes optional landed club, and at first about half of the people were nude, and the pool area was nude only and busy. Over time there were less and less people going nude, and the pool area had few users. At the end there usually were only a couple others and myself nude, I wondered why the others came, just to look? I switched clubs to a clothes free club, and what a difference. I was immediately included and played volley ball and pataunque, nude lunches in the club house, campfires, conversation and more. Everyone was equal and nude.

This post was edited

At the end there usually were only a couple others and myself nude, I wondered why the others came, just to look?

I've heard of this issue being frequent when nudist resorts opened their doors to non-nudist residents - who may be looking for a more economical living arrangement. One the one hand I get it: it's a more steady revenue stream. On the other hand once a resort goes down that path, it is often irreversible. If you have several people who go about the resort fully dressed most of the time, that is going to change the ambiance of the resort. Which in turn can discourage actual nudists and newbies from fully embracing nudity. And before you know it you're the only person still walking around naked.

But the good news is that this is still the exception rather than the rule. The dozen or so C/O resorts I've visited, even the fully C/O ones were nudity was truly optional everywhere, still maintained a "pro-nudity" philosophy. The C/O resort I visit the most with my wife is "C/O in name"; yet you can't even tell they're C/O because the vast majority of people there choose nudity. Part of the reason is that it is co-owned by actual nudists. So first-time visitors are introduced to the resort by nude people. Who in turn are empowered to be nude themselves.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if it's C/O or "nude mandatory." It's really about the other nudists and respect for the philosophy of nudism.

This post was edited