RE:If nudity was legal in your area how soon would you go grocery shopping nude

Wal-Mart already has a reputation for allowing sloppy and minimal dress.
Has anyone ever seen nude or topless female customers in Wal-Mart in locations where it is legal?

This post was edited

In Denver, women are allowed to be topless anywhere man are allowed to be topless.Female toplessness is already legal in New York. Do you see it in grocery stores? No. Couple of reasons: The stores themselves have rules in addition to the general law, and the women, protesters aside, would just generally rather shop than create a scene.Thus, if a store requires men to wear a shirt, then women could not be topless.Private business owners have the right to establish and enforce whatever standards they so desire as long as those standards do not discriminate based on protected classes.As it stands, Walmart and Sam's do not have any policy or standard beyond the law. If you were at a Walmart in Vermont or Oregon (and were outside of the few specific cities that have enacted anti-nudity laws), then Walmart would not require you to wear clothing.

I believe that you are planning on moving to Oregon.
Are you planning to shop nude in stores that have no policy against it?

This post was edited

Yes.I believe that you are planning on moving to Oregon.Are you planning to shop nude in stores that have no policy against it?If I can manage, the plan is to live nude -- including shopping, getting a driver's license, buying stamps at the post office, dinning out, going to the doctor, etc.

This post was edited

nudeyooper wrote:
Super NudistThe laughable part of this is that the bikini that consists of three small triangles of cloth held together by some string can be legal where nude is not. So the next question is where tops are not required, as on beaches and in parks, why are we still seeing three small triangles of cloth?

Because people have different standards about what they choose to wear, and some women choose to conceal their nipple area. I know a woman who had breast cancer and, while they gave her a prosthetic breast, she chose not to do a nipple reconstruction. I imagine she might have qualms about exposing her entire breast.

That said, it may just be a fashion statement. Sometimes one can make a body part more erotic by hiding it. Since we nudists don't strip for purposes of arousing people, it's not an issue for us. But we're not like everybody else.

This post was edited

Yes.I believe that you are planning on moving to Oregon.Are you planning to shop nude in stores that have no policy against it?If I can manage, the plan is to live nude -- including shopping, getting a driver's license, buying stamps at the post office, dinning out, going to the doctor, etc.
I suspect that it will take a while for you to determine which places permit nudity and which do not.
Do you have a time frame for your move?

This post was edited

Spring/summer of 2022.Do you have a time frame for your move?

This post was edited

Spring/summer of 2022.Do you have a time frame for your move?

That will give you several months of warm weather for more or less continuous nudity before you have to wear clothing because of the temperature.

This post was edited

In Denver, women are allowed to be topless anywhere man are allowed to be topless.Female toplessness is already legal in New York. Do you see it in grocery stores? No. Couple of reasons: The stores themselves have rules in addition to the general law, and the women, protesters aside, would just generally rather shop than create a scene.Thus, if a store requires men to wear a shirt, then women could not be topless.Private business owners have the right to establish and enforce whatever standards they so desire as long as those standards do not discriminate based on protected classes.As it stands, Walmart and Sam's do not have any policy or standard beyond the law. If you were at a Walmart in Vermont or Oregon (and were outside of the few specific cities that have enacted anti-nudity laws), then Walmart would not require you to wear clothing.

Could anyone from the Denver area comment if there are many women who are topless in public areas?
I know in NY toplessness is legal in most public places. but very few women are.

This post was edited

By Gordy57

A older (50 ish) lady with a very deep V front blouse had a nipple out for everyone to see ;-0

Oi! I resemble that remark! (At least in terms of laps of the sun... :-D ) Was the vibe unkempt, provocative, or don't care? I imagine for that age, all possibilities may be in play.

This post was edited

The most daring I can recall seeing is a woman in a small thong bikini (with top on) in a take-away shop close to a surburban beach. Not illegal in Victoria as I understand it, but notable for it not being common. No one seemed to mind.

This post was edited