Avid naked readers

Churchill's Ministry of Ungentlemanly...

This book, by Giles Minton, who also has a podcast, entitled Unknown History, tells a story of a top-secret organization founded in London who purpose was to plot the destruction of Hitler's war machine through acts of sabotage. Churchill...

Latest Post
by  
Emergency Sex ( and other desperate measures)

By Cain , Postlewait, and Thomson. The true stories of three interconnected people who served humanity in the war torn parts of the world in the 1980s through the 90s. Written in 2005 it looks back at the horrible events that took place in places...

Latest Post
by  
A Death in Vienna

This is the first of a six book series by Frank Tallis, a practicing clinical psychologist. If you have seen the show, "Vienna Blood", on PBS recently, that's what drew me to it. The scene is early 20th Century Vienna and the two main...

Latest Post
by  
Getting into ebooks

Now that ebooks are well established, I find that my local library has some titles that are only available as ebooks. So, I check out the ebook, and then I find that I either must read it on my browser or download it. Of course I download it. Then I...

River of Fire

I'm in the middle of Sister Helen Prejean's River of Fire. She's the nun who was at the center of the movie Dead Man Walking. The book is the story of her coming of age as a young nun. Well done and mildly funny in places.

Latest Post
by  
Secret Service

Just completed this book, Secret Service by Tom Bradby. The dust jacket poses the question, "What if you knew your next national leader really was a Russian spy?" That's the dilemma that faces Kate Henderson and her team of MI-6...

Book Recommendations

I'm currently reading "The Templar Mission" by Zena Halpern who just recently passed away at the age of 88. She was featured quite a bit on HISTORY's "The Curse of Oak Island". I'm 10 percent into the book and so far...

Nottingham

Just completed reading Nottingham by Nathan Makaryk. It's a kind of retelling of the Robin Hood legend in which, the sheriff isn't particularly the villain, nor is Robin all that excited about leading the band in Sherwood to rob from the...

Nottingham

Just completed reading Nottingham by Nathan Makaryk. It's a kind of retelling of the Robin Hood legend in which, the sheriff isn't particularly the villain, nor is Robin all that excited about leading the band in Sherwood to rob from the...

Latest Post
by  
2020 Book Bucket List

I knows is not close to 2020, so it gives you time. I propose everyone post a list of what they want to read for 2020 and what format (digital, paper, audio) and then at the end of 2020....see who accomplished there list...but the rules are that you...